SportsWrath

Drain the swamp!

BlueInCanada

16 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly I don't really understand this point of view. The team has won two Super Bowls in the past twelve years. It's not like they're Miami, Detroit, etc. 

Nobody wants to work for a bunch of rich kids.  I know I never will again 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly I don't really understand this point of view. The team has won two Super Bowls in the past twelve years. It's not like they're Miami, Detroit, etc. 

Yet you take those two SB runs away and the Giants are one of the worst teams of the past 20 years.

We caught lightning in a bottle with those SB runs but it isn't a measure of continued success or stability.

We should of been a dynasty from the late 2000s and onwards with the talent on the team.

Instead we just got lucky a couples times and have been bottom feeders to mediocre the rest of the time.

20 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yet you take those two SB runs away and the Giants are one of the worst teams of the past 20 years.

We caught lightning in a bottle with those SB runs but it isn't a measure of continued success or stability.

We should of been a dynasty from the late 2000s and onwards with the talent on the team.

Instead we just got lucky a couples times and have been bottom feeders to mediocre the rest of the time.

But you can't take those two Super Bowls away because we won those two Super Bowls. Outside of the Patriots there aren't really any dynasties in the league. Half the playoff teams are new every year. 

By no means am I saying we're in great shape but over the past 15 years I'd say we're in the top third for success in the league. 

25 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

But you can't take those two Super Bowls away because we won those two Super Bowls. Outside of the Patriots there aren't really any dynasties in the league. Half the playoff teams are new every year. 

By no means am I saying we're in great shape but over the past 15 years I'd say we're in the top third for success in the league. 

That's not entirely true the past 10 years the Giants have been one of the worst teams in the NFL.

And yes you can take those SBs away.

Just because they won the SB those two years doesn't mean they are a stable team with continued success.

They have had two good playoffs runs and they can't be discredited but two good years over the last 15 does not a dynasty make.

Now if they won those SBs and continued to make the playoffs or be a top franchise I would agree.

But what is it the last 8 years the Giants have had only one winning season? 

Over the last four we've had the worst record in the NFL?

That's not a good team with stable ownership and a good FO core.

37 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That's not entirely true the past 10 years the Giants have been one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Just because they won the SB those two years doesn't mean they are a stable team with continued success.

They have had two good playoffs runs and they can't be discredited but two good years over the last 15 does not a dynasty make.

Now if they won those SBs and continued to make the playoffs or be a top franchise I would agree.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. In 15 years they're 119-121 which is decidedly mediocre, but they have five playoff appearances and two Super Bowl trophies. Outside of the Pats, Steelers, and Seahawks I think most teams would take that. Again, they're not Tampa Bay or Chicago or something. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. In 15 years they're 119-121 which is decidedly mediocre, but they have five playoff appearances and two Super Bowl trophies. Outside of the Pats, Steelers, and Seahawks I think most teams would take that. Again, they're not Tampa Bay or Chicago or something. 

Keep in mind all those wins were in the earlier years.

The last 10 years are worse.

The last 8 are abysmal.

The last 3 we are worse than the Browns.

That's not stability that's disfunction.

With the retiring of Eli there is nothing remaining from the SB years.

This team has known nothing but losing since then.

Why would any coach want to come to a team that will fire you after two bad years?

That has trades away star players and has a meddling owner?

This team isn't something that is respected any more in the NFL.

We're laughed at and bottom feeders.

It takes more than a change at HC to fix that.

Looks like tisch has taken notice too 

https://nypost.com/2019/12/30/steve-tisch-pushing-for-more-say-in-giants-football-decisions/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

He might be a dummy too but im willing to roll the dice that he acts as a check on the Mara boys and maybe knows how to hire the correct football people 

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Agreed 100%.

But the crux of the original tweet is that "some people" are unsatisfied with the personnel in the front office "for decades." We've won two Super Bowls in those decades, what the fuck else do these "people" want? 

If the discussion is we've generally sucked the past six or seven years, there's no argument. If it's that we've sucked "for decades" because of the front office I'm sorry but that's just not the case. 

And not for nothing too, but how are people bitching out of one side of their mouth about all the turnover then bitching again that there's too much stability in the front office? You can't have it both ways... are the Giants a rudderless ship that flips personnel willy-nilly or are they too stubborn and hold onto everyone for too long? 

I just think it's interesting that this coaching search we are hearing how outdated and dysfunctional the Giants FO has been the last number of years, and how it could be affecting us getting some of these newer coaches coming into the NFL now.

Atleast Mara and company have realized this.

During Gettys press conference he did nothing but talk about how they've brought in more analytical guys, and have been bringing their scouting into the "modern era" which hopefully means they have been getting away from the Giants Way player bull shit.

LOL! all this 'front office dysfunction' talk, I'm stuck right in the middle.... obviously by normal reputable business standards they have a problem, but most of these NFL teams are basically family owned small businesses... and when its the 2nd+ generations of those guys running those companies, they're typically total clusterfucks.

I'm sure advocating for change, but by NFL standards the Giants are not that bad; I would just prefer they were the gold standard rather than middling at best. They're not seriously losing out on potential coaches. We can shut that down real quick, the Redskins just brought in the most reputable coaching commodity this year.... in what universe would anybody prefer to work for Dan Snyder? I could see coaches turning down that opportunity... still doesn't happen.... 

the Giants beat reporters are out for blood this offseason.  

8 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

LOL! all this 'front office dysfunction' talk, I'm stuck right in the middle.... obviously by normal reputable business standards they have a problem, but most of these NFL teams are basically family owned small businesses... and when its the 2nd+ generations of those guys running those companies, they're typically total clusterfucks.

I'm sure advocating for change, but by NFL standards the Giants are not that bad; I would just prefer they were the gold standard rather than middling at best. They're not seriously losing out on potential coaches. We can shut that down real quick, the Redskins just brought in the most reputable coaching commodity this year.... in what universe would anybody prefer to work for Dan Snyder? I could see coaches turning down that opportunity... still doesn't happen.... 

the Giants beat reporters are out for blood this offseason.  

I think by "dysfunction" it just means we've never been able to land any of the new coaches or exciting hires since the Coughlin days.

Most reports are that Mara is unwilling to give up control.

Whens the last time the Giants brought in some OC/DC from college or another team who had a dynamic element to them? We'll never see the Giants hire a McVay, Harbaugh or Payton or Carroll.

Instead we end up with the McAttacks/Shulas/Shirdans/Shurmurs of the NFL.

That last coach/coordinator who had any sort of excitement was Spags.