SportsWrath

Chase Young: "Plan is to return to OSU"

mastershake

59 minutes ago, mastershake said:

https://www.si.com/college/2019/12/14/chase-young-return-ohio-state-nfl-draft

I personally have preferred an OL like Andrew Thomas over Chase Young.

Yeah we could trade back now and get that Wirfs.

Thomas might be stronger but Wirfs is the better pass protector.

Honestly the difference between the two is very little and we can end up with more picks for the same tackle.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

I think he knows he's going to either the Giants or the Bungals and he was told to stay away from either of those trash piles.

Provided he doesn’t get hurt next year, he’d still go to a terrible team...

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

He's a fucking Jenkins if he goes back for his senior year. He's practically guaranteed to be a top 3 selection, he can only cost himself money if he stays another year. 

If it's me, I'm not even playing in the bowl games. It's time to cash in.

Yeah, he’d be an absolute Jenkins, for real. He’s locked in to a top two pick this year, I believe. That’s the most money you can get as a rookie.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think he knows he's going to either the Giants or the Bungals and he was told to stay away from either of those trash piles.

Still awful career advice. The teams at the top of the draft are always trash piles.

And... the Giants were a trash pile when they drafted LT.

21 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Still awful career advice. The teams at the top of the draft are always trash piles.

And... the Giants were a trash pile when they drafted LT.

Maybe he doesn't like how the organizations are run.

Keep in mind we have a QB who literally refused to play for the team that drafted him lol 

This sucks.  I want the absolute best o-lineman then.  I don’t want a Hernandez situation where the best guy that we could’ve easily drafted is the best guard on the league from day one and the next best guy ends up being 6 levels below him 

55 minutes ago, Herc said:

This sucks.  I want the absolute best o-lineman then.  I don’t want a Hernandez situation where the best guy that we could’ve easily drafted is the best guard on the league from day one and the next best guy ends up being 6 levels below him

Let's not forget too though for much of their rookie season's Hernandez was the better player. If he doesn't have a semi-retarded coach like Hal Hunter next year there's a good chance he bounces back.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Let's not forget too though for much of their rookie season's Hernandez was the better player. If he doesn't have a semi-retarded coach like Hal Hunter next year there's a good chance he bounces back.

Than Quentin Nelson?  Nelson was all-pro his rookie year.  Hernandez will never touch him 

1 hour ago, Storm said:

I have to think he’s just paying lip service to OSU right now. My guess is he will declare.

Well he has till Jan 20th to declare, may be right though.

39 minutes ago, Herc said:

Than Quentin Nelson?  Nelson was all-pro his rookie year.  Hernandez will never touch him 

Yeah Nelson was a monster the moment he stepped on the field.

Guy is already heading for a HoF career if he plays the same way he has up until now.

10 hours ago, Herc said:

So you think they’d be anywhere close to each other if he had better coaching beyond that small sample size?

I think Hernandez would be playing better with better coaching. They're not that far apart in skill, no.