SportsWrath

A-Rod

Ditto

... I wouldn't even know he was in the line up. Honestly, they have to hire someone to get into this guy's head, someone like Paul O'Neill, who'd been one of the best clutch hitter we ever had. We know A-Rod can hit, so he has to be his approach or something. Maybe he's worried about looking bad when he should be concentrating on the situation.

He does the funniest things when he makes an out or gets booed or does something bad. When he short hopped a tough throw to Phillips he did this weird smiling thing. Then when he gets booed, he practices his bat swing. Don't give me bull that he was really practicing guys :LMAO:

I really don't care for A-rod as much as I did a few weeks ago btw, but this had to be pointed out. :ph34r:

He does the funniest things when he makes an out or gets booed or does something bad. When he short hopped a tough throw to Phillips he did this weird smiling thing. Then when he gets booed, he practices his bat swing. Don't give me bull that he was really practicing guys :LMAO:

I really don't care for A-rod as much as I did a few weeks ago btw, but this had to be pointed out. :ph34r:

I was just saying this to someone this weekend. The guy is so self-conscious out there its comical. The way he grimmaces when he fucks up, because he knows the camera is on him. He looks out into the field after each big strikeout because he can't bear to make eye contact with anyone in the stands. Puckering his big purple lips incessantly. A guy of his stature should be having fun out there and oblivious to everything outside the foul lines. He looks like he's consumed with it.

I was just saying this to someone this weekend. The guy is so self-conscious out there its comical. The way he grimmaces when he fucks up, because he knows the camera is on him. He looks out into the field after each big strikeout because he can't bear to make eye contact with anyone in the stands. Puckering his big purple lips incessantly. A guy of his stature should be having fun out there and oblivious to everything outside the foul lines. He looks like he's consumed with it.

I completely agree, coming to the Yankees is the worst thing that he has done in his career. AROD should be a god in NY, but he just can't get the job done when the yankees really need him. He puts way to much pressure on himself when he should just be having fun. I know if I was getting paid $25 Mil a year to play a sport I loved then I'd be having the time of my life. AROD is my least favorite yankee behind Randy Johnson, I miss the guys with heart that made us champions. Now we have a bunch of overpaid crybabies that piss me off. :TD:

unbelievable how quickly you guys crawl back out of the woodwork when a-rod is slumping. the attention you guys give him is somewhat pathetic...90% of the time anyone comes here who isn't a yankee fan, it is about a-rod, not the yankees...i'm not trying to justify his play right now, it hasn't been good, but i could say the same exact things for ortiz, who just because he has a rep of a clutch hitter he doesn't get ragged on.

unbelievable how quickly you guys crawl back out of the woodwork when a-rod is slumping. the attention you guys give him is somewhat pathetic...90% of the time anyone comes here who isn't a yankee fan, it is about a-rod, not the yankees...i'm not trying to justify his play right now, it hasn't been good, but i could say the same exact things for ortiz, who just because he has a rep of a clutch hitter he doesn't get ragged on.

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: You could say what same exact thing about Ortiz? That he doesn't have fun out there? Good luck finding a teammate of his that would agree with you. That he's not clutch? I don't think you'd even go there, since he's already one of the greatest clutch hitters of all time. And don't throw any of those so-called "clutch" stats at me, either. We all know what we've seen the guy do time and time again. He's huge.

I know if I was getting paid $25 Mil a year to play a sport I loved then I'd be having the time of my life.

In all fairness, you or I have never been paid that kinda money to play the game, so we couldn't say how we'd react. I do think that there must be a hell of a lot of pressure on a guy, though, making that much, playing for the Yankees. It takes a strong person to be able to perform under those conditions, and your ability will only take you so far.

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: You could say what same exact thing about Ortiz? That he doesn't have fun out there? Good luck finding a teammate of his that would agree with you. That he's not clutch? I don't think you'd even go there, since he's already one of the greatest clutch hitters of all time. And don't throw any of those so-called "clutch" stats at me, either. We all know what we've seen the guy do time and time again. He's huge.

maybe one day he'll hit his weight ;)

i know it's hard for him to do, but 300 should be easy for an "MVP canidate"

In all fairness, you or I have never been paid that kinda money to play the game, so we couldn't say how we'd react. I do think that there must be a hell of a lot of pressure on a guy, though, making that much, playing for the Yankees. It takes a strong person to be able to perform under those conditions, and your ability will only take you so far.

yeah, he won the MVP last year!

maybe one day he'll hit his weight ;)

i know it's hard for him to do, but 300 should be easy for an "MVP canidate"

Wow, Plow, his weight? That's weak even by your standards. I don't know, 6'4", 230- sounds like a real lardass to me. -_-

don't know, 6'4", 230- sounds like a real lardass to me.

He wished Cecil Fielder was that weight.

I was watching game 5 of the 1996 World Series and watching Fielder stretch to get a throw from Jeter

was priceless.

And don't bring up Mo Vaungh(sp) he could could strike out if he were in a whorehouse.

Waste of money, that fat tub of shit.

everyone needs to calm down. Alex is going to be fine. He was league MVP last season for christs sake and was player of the month in May(just a few eeks ago). Plus he's been ill. Cut the guy some slack. All this A-Rod bashing is really starting to piss me off. Fucking moron fans booing him, likes that going to fix him. Jackasses

In all fairness to A-rod, if I were at that game as a Yankees fan there is no way I'd boo him. It's fun to make fun of him from a perspective of a fun that hates the Yankees in general, but I'm really surprised Yanks fans have listened and have gone on to boo him.

In all fairness to A-rod, if I were at that game as a Yankees fan there is no way I'd boo him. It's fun to make fun of him from a perspective of a fun that hates the Yankees in general, but I'm really surprised Yanks fans have listened and have gone on to boo him.

Maybe the booers want to piss him off enough to make him attack the ball instead of waving at it. I said it earlier, the guy can hit. He just needs a different perspective.

Maybe the booers want to piss him off enough to make him attack the ball instead of waving at it. I said it earlier, the guy can hit. He just needs a different perspective.

Face it, the booing isn't helping. And that is not the reason the booers are doing it. They are drunk and are seeing their star going through a horrible time. Very rarely is booing used as motivation. I've gone to about 50 Giants games in my life, and when I've booed, I don't try to motivate.

without a-rod the yanks woudln't even have made it to the alcs two years ago. the guy pretty much single handedly beat the twins. his numbers with runners in scoring position, two on and two out, and bases loaded were all better than jeter's last season