SportsWrath

A-Rod

Ditto

without a-rod the yanks woudln't even have made it to the alcs two years ago. the guy pretty much single handedly beat the twins. his numbers with runners in scoring position, two on and two out, and bases loaded were all better than jeter's last season

I don't know where you and Plow are getting your info, but if you really pay attention to the games, you'll find this is more the truth.

In 2005, Rodriguez had 130 RBI. Of those, only 12 came in situations identified by statisticians as "close and late." That's a low number -- tied for 66th in the major leagues.

Good point, Ditto. Mike and the Dog were actually talking about those stats this week. He's a .270 hitter close-and-late over his Yankee career so far, and I believe they said he's hitting .150 in those situations this year (and that was before two more sorry chokes in those situations this week). .270 is not a horrible number, but when you consider the fact that the guy's a .307 career hitter, and an RBI guy at that, it's a little alarming.

As for the excuses that the booers are just trying to motivate him, spare me. It's called being a fair-weather fan with no discipline. They're frustrated, plain and simple. It's like the wife beater saying, "I only beat you 'cause I love you, honey."