SportsWrath

Giants offsense has shown NOTHING this off season

Firstnten

The starting unit ran 29 plays, and none of them were contested further than the Giants' own 46-yard line.

In eight series, the Giants' first-team offense ...

• Scored zero points.

• Ran 29 plays for a total of 61 yards. That's 2.1 yards-per-play.

• Rushed the ball 13 times for six yards. That's 0.46 yards-per-carry.

• Had three first downs.

• Saw Eli Manning get knocked around frequently.

• Finished each series with a punt, one of which was blocked.

And those numbers, as jarring as they are, feel somewhat inadequate in describing just how poor the Giants were offensively.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/08/giants_takeaways_vs_jets.html#incart_river_index

Giants offense thus far S-T-I-N-K-S

Let the spin begin.

It's impossible to watch a horror show like last night and not be alarmed....but here's the thing - we have the same OL that somehow got us through last season with a top 10 offense (and Flowers should be a year better). We have the same running backs and with a slimmed down and improved Williams, along with Perkins, you could argue that we're stronger at the RB position. We added Shephard to the WR corps and Cruz might be able to contribute, after all........so how did we suddenly go from a good offense to a futile offense? What happened?

I just hope we don't try to pound the ball to the right so much during the regular season. I like to think that they are just seeing what they have there though

that's one thing I always liked about Coughlin, and I hope Mcadoo continues... in the preseason games, Coughlin often seemed to put players in stress positions.... spots where they aren't necessarily expected to succeed. It does seem to be holding true this year too. Eli is always good about spreading the ball around when the first team is out there in the preseason too. I get the sense that he often tried to get a ball to each receiver.

So I can't read too much into the preseason performance, but man... would it have been nice to see at least marginal competence at some of those key spots on the OL.

Well yeah it doesn't matter if you took a couple of minutes to think.

Specifically what doesn't matter?

Flowers is struggling Pugh is hurt already.newhouse eats dick every play. We have no blocking TE. What about these things don't matter?

Specifically what doesn't matter?

Flowers is struggling Pugh is hurt already.newhouse eats dick every play. We have no blocking TE. What about these things don't matter?

All of it because this is the preseason. Those are all things that we were aware of last year as well and Pugh would most likely be playing if it was the regular season.

It will matter in September when the games count.