SportsWrath

France’s Anthony Dablé Signs Contract With New York Giants

Mr. P

I saw on the video he runs a 4.41 40. I laughed... if true that is amazing for a 6'5" man. Best to keep expectations low, and be pleasantly surprised. But I do love big, tall receivers with a big wingspan. I think it's just what is needed across from ODB, and it's why I like Josh Doctson in the draft for the Giants. Hopefully we catch lightning in a bottle here, it would be awesome. Exciting times are ahead boys, because this team is about to spend some serious cash to bring in some guys.

I agree. I'm not expecting anything from this guy but maybe some camp competition and then a spot on the practice squad. Hope I'm wrong, but assuming that Reese's guys are non-impact players has been better than 50/50

We spent money on the past to fix holes. Draft the fucking players then plug the holes after. Guys like pugh and beckham,richburg and hankins have to be signed in the next two years, i would rather commit some of that money now than run the risk of losing them later. We are not fixing this team in one year

You cannot rely on free agency to start plugging holes. You cant hedge that a josh norman is a free agent so lets hold off on drafting a corner. You draft your players based on need and then see whats left open and go after best available free agent if you can get them.

You cannot rely on free agency to start plugging holes. You cant hedge that a josh norman is a free agent so lets hold off on drafting a corner. You draft your players based on need and then see whats left open and go after best available free agent if you can get them.

But free agency starts long before the draft. By draft day, they should already have all their free agent signings wrapped up. They'd be damn fools to forego signing someone who could be a key player, if not a star, just because there may be a viable draft pick available too.

We'll be luck to get 3 or 4 good players in the draft. Every team needs to rely on free agency to some degree. It's when you rely on it so much for not a lot of players, and at the same time putting your cap situation in a dire situation that teams run into trouble. The Giants can afford a couple of premium free agents without doing that and to bolster the roster with mid-tier guys. Doesn't change anything about building through the draft, which the Giants have tried to do, unsuccessfully, in recent memory. When you go Oh-for-the-draft like we did in 2012 that "build through the draft" philosophy has to be subsidized heavily by free agency.

We'll be luck to get 3 or 4 good players in the draft. Every team needs to rely on free agency to some degree. It's when you rely on it so much for not a lot of players, and at the same time putting your cap situation in a dire situation that teams run into trouble. The Giants can afford a couple of premium free agents without doing that and to bolster the roster with mid-tier guys. Doesn't change anything about building through the draft, which the Giants have tried to do, unsuccessfully, in recent memory. When you go Oh-for-the-draft like we did in 2012 that "build through the draft" philosophy has to be subsidized heavily by free agency.

Yeah most teams are lucky if they get one or two guys who contribute in a positive way every year from the draft, honestly.

They usually take a few seasons to develop the talent, if any, to be players who will actually help the team win.