SportsWrath

Suddenly I Feel VERY Old

carl 1010

Barring any last minute changes of heart, I will have been a fan through the golden era of Bill Parcells and the golden era of Tom Coughlin. Wow does it make me fool old to know that I have seen the entire Giants coaching careers of two legendary coaches and Hall of Famers.

Barring any last minute changes of heart, I will have been a fan through the golden era of Bill Parcells and the golden era of Tom Coughlin. Wow does it make me fool old to know that I have seen the entire Giants coaching careers of two legendary coaches and Hall of Famers.

Don't feel bad...you're a young buck by my standards. When I was born, Steve Owen was head coach. When I was 1 year old, Jim Lee Howell took over and hired Vince Lombardi as his offensive coordinator and Tom Landry as defensive coordinator. But I didn't really understand the game from a fan's point of view until Allie Sherman was head coach. Since then, I've been through head coaches Alex Webster, Bill Arnsparger, John McVay, Ray Perkins, Bill Parcells, Ray Handley, Dan Reeves, Jim Fassell, and Tom Coughlin.

Now I feel old :(

Don't feel bad...you're a young buck by my standards. When I was born, Steve Owen was head coach. When I was 1 year old, Jim Lee Howell took over and hired Vince Lombardi as his offensive coordinator and Tom Landry as defensive coordinator. But I didn't really understand the game from a fan's point of view until Allie Sherman was head coach. Since then, I've been through head coaches Alex Webster, Bill Arnsparger, John McVay, Ray Perkins, Bill Parcells, Ray Handley, Dan Reeves, Jim Fassell, and Tom Coughlin.

Now I feel old :(

now i feel young

I started rooting for the Giants at some point during the '81 season, when I was 12, so I saw the end of Perkins. My uncle tells me stories of how it ended for Allie Sherman, with people mockingly singing "Bye Bye Allie" to him during his last days/weeks.

Jim Lee Howell was the coach of the first game I ever saw. Eagles vs Giants, October, 1959, Yankee Stadium. Chuck Connerly, Frank Gifford, et al. Harland Svare took an int back for a TD. That's really the only play I remember but I know the final score was 24-7, Giants. Been with them through thick and thin ever since. Been a long ride but it gives you some perspective.

Jim Lee Howell was the coach of the first game I ever saw. Eagles vs Giants, October, 1959, Yankee Stadium. Chuck Connerly, Frank Gifford, et al. Harland Svare took an int back for a TD. That's really the only play I remember but I know the final score was 24-7, Giants. Been with them through thick and thin ever since. Been a long ride but it gives you some perspective.

wow...I thought I was the oldest guy on the board. Now I feel young again :bounce: :git:

I started rooting for the Giants at some point during the '81 season, when I was 12, so I saw the end of Perkins. My uncle tells me stories of how it ended for Allie Sherman, with people mockingly singing "Bye Bye Allie" to him during his last days/weeks.

We are there again.

Goooooodbye.... gooooodbye... goodbye to Allie...goodbye goodbye.... :P

A Late Boomer pays his respects to an Early Boomer... :TU:

For those of you too young to remember....here is a trip down memory lane.

This was the best team of the 70s.....and it was only one of two that had a winning record in that decade.

C, Wagon

It's like revisiting a nightmare

For those of you too young to remember....here is a trip down memory lane.

This was the best team of the 70s.....and it was only one of two that had a winning record in that decade.

C, Wagon

Jesus... I remember seeing this in first run... :o :blink: :o

Yeah..but the old school NFL Films music...makes your nipples hard.....come on...admit it.....

C> Wagon

I remember that Aaron Thomas out of bounds play against New Orleans (except my memory had it in Yankee Stadium). like it was yesterday.