SportsWrath

Remember the Patriots loss? A close loss like this often has positive effects.

Sephiroth

I dont think Coughlin is the problem. MacAdoo most certainly needs to go. The guy has absolutely no creativity and no situational playcalling abilities at all and in general has no brains on what plays to call and what to execute. He just calls whatever the fuck play comes to his head for no reason whatsoever. The fucking bum needs to be shot. JR - well get rid of him. The defensive side of the roster is playing its best but this is IT - this is the best that they CAN give considering the hopeless dearth of talent.

Coughlin is A problem; he might not be THE problem. His horrific coaching staff and loyalty to over the hill players and coaches is his undoing. Also, you can't realistically say, "well, we fired the OC, DC, and then another OC in the past three years and the results are not satisfactory, but none of that is Tom's fault." He's in charge of those hires, plus the buck stops with him; it's at least partially his fault.

That being said, this roster is awful. Nobody could be successful with this team. When we're ecstatic about finally getting a linebacking corp that consists of JT Thomas, Jasper Brinkley, and sometimes Devon Kennard, you're in some trouble.

Coughlin is A problem; he might not be THE problem. His horrific coaching staff and loyalty to over the hill players and coaches is his undoing. Also, you can't realistically say, "well, we fired the OC, DC, and then another OC in the past three years and the results are not satisfactory, but none of that is Tom's fault." He's in charge of those hires, plus the buck stops with him; it's at least partially his fault.

That being said, this roster is awful. Nobody could be successful with this team. When we're ecstatic about finally getting a linebacking corp that consists of JT Thomas, Jasper Brinkley, and sometimes Devon Kennard, you're in some trouble.

Now you're getting it....

Yep. Not sure what Storm sees in this roster. They have a severe lack of depth and somehow have to sign 30+ guys in one offseason. There's not a single TE on this roster beyond this year and none on the current roster I want to be, they have one corner on the roster, two second year safeties(one was a draft reach that we've never seen,) and four Dlineman all together

There's legit issues with coughlin though. His punt choices were really bad, so bad that eli even overruled him on one and he never does that. He's handled this beckham thing horrendously, and he even made one of the dumber challenges I've seen this year recently (I forget which game) and that's something he's always been near-perfect at.

I won't get into play calling and I think Reese is a much much bigger problem but coughlin shouldn't be absolved from any criticism this season

Yep. Not sure what Storm sees in this roster. They have a severe lack of depth and somehow have to sign 30+ guys in one offseason. There's not a single TE on this roster beyond this year and none on the current roster I want to be, they have one corner on the roster, two second year safeties(one was a draft reach that we've never seen,) and four Dlineman all together

A severe lack of depth? Theyve been playing all season with depth starting. If anything they have a severe lack of starting talent than can stay healthy.

A severe lack of depth? Theyve been playing all season with depth starting. If anything they have a severe lack of starting talent than can stay healthy.

I agree, the depth of the roster was fine, it just spent way too much time on the field. And worse, once again, at a couple positions, even the depth was carted off the field, and we were left watching guys from off the street who should have stayed on the street.

And the other side of that is, with so many players unsigned for 2016, depth may be the biggest concern next season. I like the returning starters.

They both should go. Not sure they need an entire rebuild, but it's close to being that way anyways. I also don't want to use a super bowl from four years ago as a reason to not rebuild

The real question is who replaces Coughlin if he goes? Is there someone you think highly of? If there is talent at head coach, I'm all for it. Still think he's going to retire.

So assuming they do make wholesale changes and TC and the whole coaching staff is let go, what are your expectations for next year? Will you be patient, understanding that a tear down and rebuild does not yield favorable results right away? Or will we have screaming that the new regime is incompetent? I know which way I'm betting.

So assuming they do make wholesale changes and TC and the whole coaching staff is let go, what are your expectations for next year? Will you be patient, understanding that a tear down and rebuild does not yield favorable results right away? Or will we have screaming that the new regime is incompetent? I know which way I'm betting.

Well considering most (myself included) wanted TC and Eli out of here within the first few years, I would guess you're betting the right way.

Depends who it is. If it's an accomplished coach like Payton, I wouldn't be very patient. If it's a coordinator making a move I might give him a game and a half. ;p

Any new regime gets three years, unless your name is Ray Handley... and in that case, you still get two.

I agree, the depth of the roster was fine, it just spent way too much time on the field. And worse, once again, at a couple positions, even the depth was carted off the field, and we were left watching guys from off the street who should have stayed on the street.

And the other side of that is, with so many players unsigned for 2016, depth may be the biggest concern next season. I like the returning starters.

That's what I meant...for next year it's a massive problem. A lot of the depth signings were one year deals or guys playing out their rookie contract. We might have cap causalities too like Cruz, Schwartz and Beatty

The real question is who replaces Coughlin if he goes? Is there someone you think highly of? If there is talent at head coach, I'm all for it. Still think he's going to retire.

This is how guys like Fisher stick around. Owners try to justify it be sticking with the devil you know, instead of the one you don't. On the other hand, no there's not a whole lot of HC candidates out there.

Going into next year. They somehow have to sign 30+ players just to field a 53 man roster. I'm just saying the cap space does no good with so little returning players