SportsWrath

Remember the Patriots loss? A close loss like this often has positive effects.

Sephiroth

I'm wondering if this wasn't a job saving performance.

I could see that.

Mara: Hmm... you know, this season, and for the past four seasons or so, it's been heartbreaking loss after heartbreaking loss. But you really got our hopes up this time before this heartbreaking loss, so why don't we have another season of heartbreaking losses? You're earned it, Tom.

Coughlin should have been man enough, weeks ago, to strip McAdoo of the playcalling. His situational playcalling is offensive to the game of football. And it is absolutely insane that it has taken him 14 weeks to figure out that abandoning the run in the second quarter is ill-advised and short-sighted.

What happened? I left at the end of the 3rd, just as they scored a TD making it 35-14. Figured it was over so I went and did some Christmas shopping. Did we lose? I don't feel like waiting for the morning paper to find out.

What happened? I left at the end of the 3rd, just as they scored a TD making it 35-14. Figured it was over so I went and did some Christmas shopping. Did we lose? I don't feel like waiting for the morning paper to find out.

Watch the game on NFL Game Pass. It's a whole new way to be disappointed in this team.

I dont think Coughlin is the problem. MacAdoo most certainly needs to go. The guy has absolutely no creativity and no situational playcalling abilities at all and in general has no brains on what plays to call and what to execute. He just calls whatever the fuck play comes to his head for no reason whatsoever. The fucking bum needs to be shot. JR - well get rid of him. The defensive side of the roster is playing its best but this is IT - this is the best that they CAN give considering the hopeless dearth of talent.

What gets me is that they come out and attack down field and show their own players that they can beat the Panthers secondary down the field. Then they spend the next 3 quarters inexplicably attacking the linebackers with little dump offs and short routes. It's ridiculous to think you can pick up 3rd and long with a 3 yard pass against that linebacker corps, yet they tried to do it all game.

I don't think coughlin saved his job yesterday. mara is probably pretty embarrassed by beckham and coughlin should've benched him. He's benched people for way less than humiliating the franchise and cheap shotting people

What gets me is that they come out and attack down field and show their own players that they can beat the Panthers secondary down the field. Then they spend the next 3 quarters inexplicably attacking the linebackers with little dump offs and short routes. It's ridiculous to think you can pick up 3rd and long with a 3 yard pass against that linebacker corps, yet they tried to do it all game.

And what's with him sending out the punt team? Thank God eli sent them back

And what's with him sending out the punt team? Thank God eli sent them back

They shouldnt have punted on 4th and 1 from the 40, either, the conservative fuckers. It doesnt matter if the thought is that you cant run it for a yard.

A close loss like this often has positive effects

It's debilitating to me. What's this...like the 5th game this year we've lost in the last few seconds of a game? I'd rather get blown out than have a nail biter week after week only to lose in the last seconds.

The team isn't that bad (offensively), but could use a little upgrading on the line and maybe get Cruz back. But our defense has a long way to go. It's decimated and we're playing guys off the street and other teams' throwaways in crucial positions. Our draft should be: rd 1 - edge rusher; rd 2 - another edge rusher; rd 3 - linebacker; rd 4 - free safety; rd 5 - linebacker; rd 6 - linebacker; rd 7 - defensive back.

If we had a genuine pass rush, the defense would improve dramatically - especially if we actually went out and got some damn good defensive players.

We also need to fill some holes in free agency with top shelf players. I'd rather have two top shelf, big contract players than seven or eight players who are mediocre on their best day.

It's debilitating to me. What's this...like the 5th game this year we've lost in the last few seconds of a game? I'd rather get blown out than have a nail biter week after week only to lose in the last seconds.

The team isn't that bad (offensively), but could use a little upgrading on the line and maybe get Cruz back. But our defense has a long way to go. It's decimated and we're playing guys off the street and other teams' throwaways in crucial positions. Our draft should be: rd 1 - edge rusher; rd 2 - another edge rusher; rd 3 - linebacker; rd 4 - free safety; rd 5 - linebacker; rd 6 - linebacker; rd 7 - defensive back.

If we had a genuine pass rush, the defense would improve dramatically - especially if we actually went out and got some damn good defensive players.

We also need to fill some holes in free agency with top shelf players. I'd rather have two top shelf, big contract players than seven or eight players who are mediocre on their best day.

6th actually.

And yeah, the draft needs to be heavy on defense, but I think we need another offensive linemen in the top 3 rounds. Corner is also something that needs addressed this offseason. We all praise DRC and Mook...but someone needs to remind them of what our pass defense is ranked this year. Certainly that has a lot to do with the lack of pass rush, but they're not exactly setting the world on fire here. And the depth behind those two is horrid.

6th actually.

And yeah, the draft needs to be heavy on defense, but I think we need another offensive linemen in the top 3 rounds. Corner is also something that needs addressed this offseason. We all praise DRC and Mook...but someone needs to remind them of what our pass defense is ranked this year. Certainly that has a lot to do with the lack of pass rush, but they're not exactly setting the world on fire here. And the depth behind those two is horrid.

I agree on an offensive lineman, but left it out because we should have Beatty back and Bobby Hart is super young, but has a lot of upside and a good attitude. He is already better than Schwartz or Jerry IMO. And I was surprised to hear that the Giants are ranked 3rd in the NFL for least amount of sacks. However, that probably has a lot to do with Eli learning to get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds.

I think Flowers, Pugh, and Westburg take care of the left side. Hart and Beatty on the right should be a big upgrade.

IMO, our biggest problem is the lack of a solid pass rush...especially the defensive ends on the line. JPP has shown he still has a lot of fire and I'm hoping that he is much better next year when they can take the club off his hand. I also have a lot of hopes for O-diggy, who unfortunately has been hurt and not in games.