SportsWrath

Sportswath 1 Fantasy Football Roll Call

BronxRik

League Expansion  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add more teams to the league?

• Yes, 10 teams max.
    • Yes, 12 teams max.
    • No.

One of these SW league's QB scoring is fucked, I think it's this one. Case might beat me and he didn't even play a flex and one of his other dudes put up a goose egg. Roethlisberger got him about a 100 points.

The scoring has been fine with this league for 4 years. Luck will cover his 40 points.

Yeah, I should win, anyway. I think it is this league. 100 was my exaggeration, hehe. What is it like a .25 per yard or something!?

Yeah, and 6 points per passing td. It's why I actually drafted a QB early and went with Rodgers in the 2nd round.

The scoring has been fine with this league for 4 years. Luck will cover his 40 points.

It puts unwarranted emphasis on quarterbacks and yards gained. I enjoy the league, but that scoring is fucked. There's absolutely no denying it. It's fantasy football fact.

The ratio to yards gained and touchdowns doesn't make sense. Why not 10 points for a touchdown. then?

It puts unwarranted emphasis on quarterbacks and yards gained. I enjoy the league, but that scoring is fucked. There's absolutely no denying it. It's fantasy football fact.

The ratio to yards gained and touchdowns doesn't make sense. Why not 10 points for a touchdown. then?

You want the truth? I have no idea what you're talking about. Admittedly, I'm a shitty commish, which is why I always ask for suggested changes. The guys in the league know more about the stats than I do and no one has ever said anything about the scoring being fucked. As a matter of fact, I think the scoring is like 90% Yahoo defaults with a few tweaks made when the league was first set up.

You want the truth? I have no idea what you're talking about. Admittedly, I'm a shitty commish, which is why I always ask for suggested changes. The guys in the league know more about the stats than I do and no oneo has ever said anything about the scoring being fucked. As a matter of fact, I think the scoring is like 90% Yahoo defaults with a few tweaks made when the league was first set up.

I dont know how you sleep at night, pitiful. :TD:

:smartass:

You want the truth? I have no idea what you're talking about. Admittedly, I'm a shitty commish, which is why I always ask for suggested changes. The guys in the league know more about the stats than I do and no one has ever said anything about the scoring being fucked. As a matter of fact, I think the scoring is like 90% Yahoo defaults with a few tweaks made when the league was first set up.

QBs should be getting 20-30 points so that the position is a bit more aligned or consistent with some of the other positions; not highly overvalued. I'm not 100% but I think most standard scoring is a point for every 25 yards, not every 10 and most are 4 points for a passing touchdown; 6 points if your QB runs it in. With the QBs like this, someone who didn't even check his team this week has a pretty much insurmountable lead on someone who did...solely because my QB shit the bed.

He's just mad he sucks

He's just mad he sucks

Not the case. Mine is a good standard format team. I didn't look at the scoring beforehand, my bad. Luck is still a good qb to have. But we shouldn't be putting scores close to 200

For the record I like the scoring.

My cousin's money league that the jerk didn't do this year had some custom scoring that made it different also.

I'm thinking of starting a money league next year for family and friends and will probably implement some custom scoring but not sure.

For the record I like the scoring.

My cousin's money league that the jerk didn't do this year had some custom scoring that made it different also.

I'm thinking of starting a money league next year for family and friends and will probably implement some custom scoring but not sure.

In this league, you can win with a quarterback and your running backs. WRs have little impact since it's the most inconsistent position and QBs account for about 3-4 times the WRs production. On the other hand, if your QB throws up a stinker because he's playing a good defense and you didn't invest in a backup QB early, you're done. The balance is a bit skewed, IMO, but to each their own. I'll still win!

In this league, you can win with a quarterback and your running backs. WRs have little impact since it's the most inconsistent position and QBs account for about 3-4 times the WRs production. On the other hand, if your QB throws up a stinker because he's playing a good defense and you didn't invest in a backup QB early, you're done. The balance is a bit skewed, IMO, but to each their own. I'll still win!

I think my WR's are the main reason I'm winning. Aaron Rodgers is helping, which is why I picked him early, but I waited until the 6th round to pick a running back.

Shane Vereen in a ppr is a boss.

I think my WR's are the main reason I'm winning. Aaron Rodgers is helping, which is why I picked him early, but I waited until the 6th round to pick a running back.

Shane Vereen in a ppr is a boss.

They are winning for me, too....this week. But if OBJ puts up a pedestrian 15 points Thursday, and say Tom Brady throws for 350 yards and 1 touchdown, he's already nearly triple a WRs production.

I don't remember which sw league does this and I say it every year, but rushing attempts being scored has got to go

It's not this league.

These are our settings:

Passing:

Passing TD 6 pts

INT -1 pt

Passing Yards 10 yards = 1 point

Rushing:

Rushing TD 6 pts

Rushing Yards 10 yards = 1 pt

Receiving:

Reception TD 6 pts

Reception 1 pt

Reception Yards 10 yards = 1 pt

The rest is kicking, punting and defense, I'm not listing all that. I'm not sure what is unbalanced about the scoring.

Untitled.jpg

The QB position needs to be nerfed. If you enjoy it, that's fine. There are different ways to play fantasy. I'm not trying to criticize, it's more of an observation.

But think of it this way, passing yards are much easier to rack up than rushing/receiving yards and in general, there will be at least double to triple more passing yards racked up by a QB than rushing yards racked up by an RB. Having scoring where passing yards and rushing yards are worth exactly the same overemphasizes the QB position. It ends up skewing scoring...and worse, you could end up with a QB who throws for 400 yards and 3 picks racking up way more points than a QB who threw for 200 and 2 TDs. It's clear to us who had a better game, but you wouldn't know it from the fantasy scoring the way it currently is.

It's basically a 3:1 ratio of scoring....QB to RB or WR. It should be about 1.5:1. QBs should still be the highest scoring players on your team. But I think when the scoring is similar to what I'm talking about, it almost reflects the game of football more closely. You have a team led by a QB who typically puts up the most points (akin to being the most important player on the field)...but you also have a group of WR, RBs, TE, DEF, etc. who can overcome a poor performance by the QB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, that's me. We'll see what happens when we meet up. I gotta check when that is.

I looked at the schedule and we don't meet up. Weird.

and how many people drafted and then never went back to their team? It seems like a bunch of people bailed.