SportsWrath

Jeff Fisher...

Nas

No offense but if deossie couldnt notice he was 2 yards out of bounds when he hit him, then he is fucking blind or stupid. Stop making excuses for him, it was a bad play.

By the way, most here would love jeff fisher if he was our coach.

thats not what I thought I saw, but then again I was watching on an internet feed... but it looked to me like the player stepped out of bounds, then came back in bounds and was on the green when DeOssie hit him.

I think the more appalling call though, by far, was that two Giants got ejected and only one Rams player was ejected - there were FIVE Rams on the Giants sideline fighting. There is no excuse for being on the other team's bench, every single one of them should have been ejected.

Personally, I'm torn on Fisher. He knows how to get a lot out of a football team, thats for sure. But man, how bad do we want it?... is it worth this kind of stuff?

One thing was fairly obvious - Gregg Williams has not learned his bounty lesson. The Rams were obviously trying to take Beckham out of the game.

The rams were dirty, but dont think our guys were fucking angels. Beckham has been taunting guys all season, and i am sure preston parker flexing in front of the rams yesterday was to show them how big his muscles were.

Preston Parker hasn't proven to be any more than just another journeyman, I don't know what he's flexing about.

If you think celebrating good plays with your team and dancing (in the end zone) is taunting, I got nothing for you.

Taunting is mocking touchdown celebrations or getting up in a guy's face and insulting them with words and remarks. Which Beckham didn't do and is what makes the first TD penalty complete bullshit.

thats not what I thought I saw, but then again I was watching on an internet feed... but it looked to me like the player stepped out of bounds, then came back in bounds and was on the green when DeOssie hit him.

I think the more appalling call though, by far, was that two Giants got ejected and only one Rams player was ejected - there were FIVE Rams on the Giants sideline fighting. There is no excuse for being on the other team's bench, every single one of them should have been ejected.

Personally, I'm torn on Fisher. He knows how to get a lot out of a football team, thats for sure. But man, how bad do we want it?... is it worth this kind of stuff?

One thing was fairly obvious - Gregg Williams has not learned his bounty lesson. The Rams were obviously trying to take Beckham out of the game.

That is what happened. He ran down the sidelines bumped into a teammate, and bounced back on the field. DeOssie happened to be running towards the play and the two collided. It was late, but it wasn't dirty or even on purpose. Did it warrant a penalty? Yes, probably. But it wasn't because DeOssie was "stupid or blind". I don't know why booyah doesn't want to see this team have some heart and success.

Preston Parker hasn't proven to be any more than just another journeyman, I don't know what he's flexing about.

I'm going to have to disagree. Parker has overcame some pretty serious legal troubles that got him dismissed from Florida St. He also has come back to make a solid impact after falling out of the league for an entire season. He's been a good possession receiver for us.

If you think celebrating good plays with your team and dancing (in the end zone) is taunting, I got nothing for you.

Taunting is mocking touchdown celebrations or getting up in a guy's face and insulting them with words and remarks. Which Beckham didn't do and is what makes the first TD penalty complete bullshit.

Yeah, I haven't seen Beckham actually taunt anybody... I've seen him get into it with a few guys, but it always started with somebody saying something to him. And the TD celebration penalty, I just watched it a few more times.... I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything. They called it a taunting penalty, but I think maybe that was incorrect and it was really unsportsmanlike conduct - using the ball as a prop in a celebration. Because I've seen a guy flagged before for spinning the ball like that, then dancing around it. Stupid that its even a penalty, in my opinion... they scored, let them do what they want, it doesn't hurt anybody.

I'm going to have to disagree. Parker has overcame some pretty serious legal troubles that got him dismissed from Florida St. He also has come back to make a solid impact after falling out of the league for an entire season. He's been a good possession receiver for us.

And I admire him standing up for His teammates.

not like I'm rooting against the guy, but what about this resume says anything but journeyman?

That is what happened. He ran down the sidelines bumped into a teammate, and bounced back on the field. DeOssie happened to be running towards the play and the two collided. It was late, but it wasn't dirty or even on purpose. Did it warrant a penalty? Yes, probably. But it wasn't because DeOssie was "stupid or blind". I don't know why booyah doesn't want to see this team have some heart and success.[/quote

Please explain to me how what i said means i dont want them to play with heart or success, please.

That is what happened. He ran down the sidelines bumped into a teammate, and bounced back on the field. DeOssie happened to be running towards the play and the two collided. It was late, but it wasn't dirty or even on purpose. Did it warrant a penalty? Yes, probably. But it wasn't because DeOssie was "stupid or blind". I don't know why booyah doesn't want to see this team have some heart and success.[/quote

Please explain to me how what i said means i dont want them to play with heart or success, please.

It's in your posts. Instead of celebrating a touchdown and success, it's "taunting". Instead of a team congratulating another player and standing up for him, it's "our team isn't fucking angels".

Weatherford and another Giant had come between Beckham and Ogletree. Preston Parker then smacked Ogletree from behind which really set the fight off. So no, we're not fucking angels". We had the most penalties in one half then any full games this season. In the fight, 2 of our guys got ejected, one of their's. The proof is there. I didn't have to tell you he was taunting, the ref flagging him told you. If you want to read into my posts they way you have and decided I don't want this team to win, well there's no point arguing with you because if you read previous posts of mine, you'll see it's not the case. But hey, let's watch the 6-9 Giants spin footballs and take photos in the endzone of each other, at least the boys are enjoying themselves now right? , not like when they were losing seven in a row!.

Half of football is enjoying yourself. At the end of the day, it's a game, let's not be silly. The flag was bullshit and the incorrect call, Beckham wasn't taunting anyone, he said so himself. If anything, it could be called excessive celebration....but it wasn't that, either.

Regardless, if you can't let yourself lighten up and see the positives that a new offense and an explosive receiver with attitude (but not a diva, imagine that, hmm) and want to get all bent out of shape about celebrating special play, that's up to you. I see it as a light at the end of the tunnel and the potential for a quick turnaround, especially on offense. By the end of the year, we very well could have a top 10 offense. But hey, if dancing after you back it up with touchdowns and having each other's back on the field is what really gets you bent out of shape, it isn't worth explaining this to you.

The team has been missing attitude and life for the past 5 seasons. Why the fuck you wouldn't want to see what these guys have been bringing lately is beyond me.

Half of football is enjoying yourself. At the end of the day, it's a game, let's not be silly. The flag was bullshit and the incorrect call, Beckham wasn't taunting anyone, he said so himself. If anything, it could be called excessive celebration....but it wasn't that, either.

Regardless, if you can't let yourself lighten up and see the positives that a new offense and an explosive receiver with attitude (but not a diva, imagine that, hmm) and want to get all bent out of shape about celebrating special play, that's up to you. I see it as a light at the end of the tunnel and the potential for a quick turnaround, especially on offense. By the end of the year, we very well could have a top 10 offense. But hey, if dancing after you back it up with touchdowns and having each other's back on the field is what really gets you bent out of shape, it isn't worth explaining this to you.

The team has been missing attitude and life for the past 5 seasons. Why the fuck you wouldn't want to see what these guys have been bringing lately is beyond me.

Because they're not playing for a draft spot, they're playing to win.

Who wants to see that attitude out of a team?

Because they're not playing for a draft spot, they're playing to win.

Who wants to see that attitude out of a team?

I think you hit the nail on the head, bro. They are starting to look like a real football team--can't have that, we need to move up in the draft a spot or two!!

Anyway, The Rams record is the same as ours but you know what? That Rams team is young, has a stellar defense, and has played a lot better teams than the Giants, much closer. And the McA-Manning offense tore it apart because they have some firepower and an offensive line that is coming together and getting better as the season wears on. They still aren't there for run-blocking but Williams had a solid outing and they created just enough. Beckham did what he has been doing to teams since he put on a Giants uniform.

The defense and special teams created 3 turnovers and didn't do much to hurt the chances of a loss.

Overall, a pretty solid outing against a decent team that is head and shoulders above the Titans and Redskins. But God Forbid we don't tank a season (which no team actually does in professional sports) for the sake of a draft spot or firing of a coach.

Again, explain to me how what i said explains anything about what i think about this teams ability to play football. Right now all you are saying is im a grump, when all it seems like i shouldnt have disageed with the majority.

You might want to rethink that half of football is enjoying yourself and think back to the eagles and colts games this year, not the times when our 2 big name defensive players started posing for photos. Coughlin was not happy with them for that, not just me, because thry got flagged for 15 yards

Weatherford and another Giant had come between Beckham and Ogletree. Preston Parker then smacked Ogletree from behind which really set the fight off. So no, we're not fucking angels". We had the most penalties in one half then any full games this season. In the fight, 2 of our guys got ejected, one of their's. The proof is there. I didn't have to tell you he was taunting, the ref flagging him told you. If you want to read into my posts they way you have and decided I don't want this team to win, well there's no point arguing with you because if you read previous posts of mine, you'll see it's not the case. But hey, let's watch the 6-9 Giants spin footballs and take photos in the endzone of each other, at least the boys are enjoying themselves now right? , not like when they were losing seven in a row!.

Having a bad week, boohyah? Sheesh man, this is one of the most pointlessly negative things I've read here.

Ooh, so terrible, spinning the ball when you score.... standing up for your teammates,yeah that really sucks...players having fun and playing well, ugh, its so awful!...

Sadly for some people here, if you're not in agreement with their line of thinking, your fanhood is called into question.

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/fisher-plays-down-brawl/article_305f5d12-0458-5b3e-8614-4f648fc876a5.html?mobile_touch=true

Fisher dosen't think any Rams players should be fined by the league.....and he is on the competition committee and some people here would want him to replace Coughlin as our head coach? .....not me brother.

Sadly for some people here, if you're not in agreement with their line of thinking, your fanhood is called into question.

Because you're a damn loser, Nas. You cheer for your team to do bad. That's being a fucking loser. I do question your fanhood because you want the team to purposely perform poorly.

That's loser mentality.

Again, explain to me how what i said explains anything about what i think about this teams ability to play football. Right now all you are saying is im a grump, when all it seems like i shouldnt have disageed with the majority.

You might want to rethink that half of football is enjoying yourself and think back to the eagles and colts games this year, not the times when our 2 big name defensive players started posing for photos. Coughlin was not happy with them for that, not just me, because thry got flagged for 15 yards

No. Again, go back and read what I already explained to you.

The second part of your post makes absolutely zero sense to me so I'll just respond by saying there appears to be a strong correlation between Beckham coming and attitude being instilled and, um, wins.

I doubt Coughlin was that pissed about a penalty that gets assessed on a kickoff, anyway.

Yeah, I'd really love Jeff Fisher as our coach. Guy has had 5 playoff wins his whole career (a whopping ONE more than Rex Ryan who has been a head coach for 15 years less) and is a notorious piece of shit.

Gimme a break.

And as for the Beckham dance...gimme a break...complaining about that when you actively watch soccer in which a guy scores a goal then proceeds to take his shirt, put it above his head and then performs a belly flop in the corner celebrating is mind-boggling to me. All the while the clock is still running.