SportsWrath

Is it too early to talk 2015 draft?

Treehugger

I like the look of this kid:

11. New York Giants -- Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington: The Giants have been gashed by the Eagles and Cowboys' athletic running backs the past two weeks, drawing unwanted attention to a slower-than-ideal back seven. Thompson is a 6-2, 225-pound former safety turned linebacker whose instincts and speed have helped him score four defensive touchdowns for the Huskies in 2014.

They put him to use as a tailback too, kid's a baller:

11/03/2014 - Linebacker-turned-tailback Shaq Thompson can't wait to get back to doing what he does best. "You get to hit people instead of getting hit," Thompson said after rushing for 174 yards in Washington's 38-23 win over Colorado on Saturday. "Everybody loves to hit people. That's what I love, that's my mentality, hitting people." Thompson might not get that chance, though, after gaining 215 all-purpose yards in Washington's come-from-behind romp. The 6-foot-1, 228-pound bruiser averaged nearly 12 yards per carry, scored on a 24-yard run and added a 41-yard catch-and-run in which he eluded two tacklers and hurdled a third to set up another score. "He has a big game every game wherever we put him," Huskies coach Chris Petersen said.

Thompson, who was pressed into duty on offense two weeks ago because of injuries in the Huskies' backfield, has rushed for 272 yards and two TDs to go with his four defensive touchdowns. Linebacker, tailback, what's next? "I keep saying I know he can play three positions for sure really, really good, if not five," Petersen said. "He's fun to watch. He's fun for us as coaches to watch, give him a little space as an athlete, he's so strong that he's going to push the pile. He's hard to tackle." While on the sideline he pined for some snaps on defense. "I did, especially when I saw those missed tackles," Thompson said. "It's tough for me because I came here for defense. Those are my brothers, I miss being out there with them." - AP Sports

Offensive line - round 1

Linebacker - round 2

WR - round 3

This was my suggestion last year too.

Keep the Prince, DRC, Thurmond, McBride secondary by resigning whomever isn't currently. Let Rolle walk if he doesn't come back at half his current salary.

oh boy are we at the point where kids named after shaquille o'neil are old enough to play pro sports? kill me

I was walking through campus the other day and saw THREE different Nirvana/Cobain t-shirts. Then it hit me that none of the kids wearing them were even born when Cobain killed himself. THAT was depressing.

He has trouble shedding blocks, was a safety converted to LB. He's a name on my list(I was going to start a thread like this)

Top of my list

1.Cedric Ogbuehi OT Texas A&M

http://withthefirstpick.com/2014/07/03/pre-season-scouting-report-cedric-ogbuehi-ot-texas/

I had that as a positive. Maybe he can cover a TE on a crossing route?

I had that as a positive. Maybe he can cover a TE on a crossing route?

Safety conversions to LB tend to suck royally in run support/shedding blocks. I want my LBers in the 245-265 lb range. Not to mention, on the rare occasion they are sent on a blitz, I don't want my LBer being picked up by a RB as easy as a 230 lb guy might be.

I was walking through campus the other day and saw THREE different Nirvana/Cobain t-shirts. Then it hit me that none of the kids wearing them were even born when Cobain killed himself. THAT was depressing.

lol that stuff is vintage now