SportsWrath

Giants Sign OT Charles Brown

Balloonknot

So the Giants are still busy - really bringing in a lot of new blood

This time a Left Tackle ....it doesn't sound like they have a lot of faith in Beatty being ready. And it changes some things as far as what I thought the Giants would do in the draft. Although I hope it doesn't because I still want Martin who would take Beatty's job away.

Reading up on the guy sounds to me like he's a serviceable backup unless he can prove himself worthy of starting. Not a game changer it would appear. According to ProFootballTalk - he's played both right and left tackle and will be used to spell both Pugh and Beatty to keep them fresh.

I like this signing. We needed a back up swing tackle with starting potential and we got one without spending a first round pick.

Agreed. It's a good depth signing for this late in FA and provides some flexibility on draft day.

WELL, we do need another veteran tackle. He could very well be a starting tackle in training camp depending on Beatty. It is going to be great watching this new offensive line come together this year.

WELL, we do need another veteran tackle. He could very well be a starting tackle in training camp depending on Beatty. It is going to be great watching this new offensive line come together this year.

At this point, I'm hoping it comes together. One of the things that makes an offensive line dominant is consistency in who's lining up week to week. I'm cautious with expectations because of all the new pieces. I'm glad to have the new pieces, because I think they are needed, but how quickly they come together will determine largely how much success we'll have on offense.