SportsWrath

How much does ESPN love the Giants? Not too much!

BleedinBlue

i wouldn't give us a C+ but i wouldn't go much higher than a B either

Agreed...a solid B thus far this offseason. Would've been an A- if we had retained either Tuck or Joseph on the d-line. I think letting one go was understandable...letting both escape I think will haunt us a bit in 2014

Agreed...a solid B thus far this offseason. Would've been an A- if we had retained either Tuck or Joseph on the d-line. I think letting one go was understandable...letting both escape I think will haunt us a bit in 2014

I agree. I think a B is solid for what we did but Tuck and Joseph were our best Dlinemen last season. We need Hankins, JPP, and Moore to really step up.

I would say the FA for us has been a C++, I wouldn't really even give it a B-

We got a starting corner, a RB who will split time with whoever starts and a bunch of ST help.

Outside of that all we really got was depth at O-line, maybe a starting guard in Jerry.

Now I'm not saying the Giant's could of done better, honestly they did I think the best job they could of done in free agency with what they had in terms of cap money and retaining and signing players, it's just there are still a lot of holes to fill come the start of the pre-season and all we really did was sign guys who are backups to the real talent (which we still need to find) on the team.

I would say the FA for us has been a C++, I wouldn't really even give it a B-

We got a starting corner, a RB who will split time with whoever starts and a bunch of ST help.

Outside of that all we really got was depth at O-line, maybe a starting guard in Jerry.

Now I'm not saying the Giant's could of done better, honestly they did I think the best job they could of done in free agency with what they had in terms of cap money and retaining and signing players, it's just there are still a lot of holes to fill come the start of the pre-season and all we really did was sign guys who are backups to the real talent (which we still need to find) on the team.

we got a starter in schwartz.

ESPN has given the Giants' a grade of C+ for our free agency dealings....yeah baby!!!

Always prefer to be under-graded than over-graded by these clowns since they are rarely right.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-york-giants&id=35322&city=newyork&src=desktop

i wouldn't give us a C+ but i wouldn't go much higher than a B either

I've been a huge Reese critic for the past year, but I can't give him any lower than a "B". The team addressed some major issues, and got younger in the process. And they still have the draft plus additional free agency until 7/22 to round this team out.

So far, so good. Schwartz and Thurmond were in my opinion the best signings from a value/$$$ standpoint.

Sports Illustrated is kinder to the Giants than ESPN....here's the scoring from S.I.

Grade: B plus

Best addition: CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Biggest loss: DT Linval Joseph

The Giants made a lot of signings that didn’t explode off the page, but added talent and depth at several key positions. With cornerbacks Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Walter Thurmond in the fold, a secondary that was once a weakness now becomes a strength. Former Raiders and Jaguars running back Rashad Jennings is an underrated producer in a rotational role, and center J.D. Walton and guard Geoff Schwartz add considerably to an offensive line that has been breaking down over the last few seasons. General manager Jerry Reese did a fine job, and though the loss of Linval Joseph will be a problem, he can be replaced in a draft that has a deep class of defensive tackles.