SportsWrath

NY Giants express interest in Titans CB Alterraun Verner and Ravens DE Arthur Jones

Mr. P

Jones at least was a DT in college. I hope we sign him.

I'm hoping this is just a ruse to get Joseph's price down. Jones will eat up a lot of our FA money for a position that's already one of the three strongest on the team.

I'm hoping this is just a ruse to get Joseph's price down. Jones will eat up a lot of our FA money for a position that's already one of the three strongest on the team.

Not sure we can call the d-line one of the strongest on the team anymore with the FAs we have not yet signed. Take away Tuck and Joseph...you're not left with much.

Moore, JPP, Hankins, Kiwi...and? Two unproven, one who blew his wad in his first year, and Kiwi who while decent in role player role, is not the #1 focus of any offense.

Not sure we can call the d-line one of the strongest on the team anymore with the FAs we have not yet signed. Take away Tuck and Joseph...you're not left with much.

Moore, JPP, Hankins, Kiwi...and? Two unproven, one who blew his wad in his first year, and Kiwi who while decent in role player role, is not the #1 focus of any offense.

I was just talking about the DT position, where they're supposing Jones would play, not the whole line. If they can sign Joseph to a reasonable contract I see no reason to use a huge chunk of FA money at DT when we really need a CB, TE, and possibly WR.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 3m

From late last night ... Add TE Andrew Quarless to the list of free agents the Giants have expressed an interest in.

"Here's a very interesting name to add to the Giants' watch list: TE Brandon Pettigrew. ... I'm told there's some level of interest there."

I was just talking about the DT position, where they're supposing Jones would play, not the whole line. If they can sign Joseph to a reasonable contract I see no reason to use a huge chunk of FA money at DT when we really need a CB, TE, and possibly WR.

I don't think they would sign Arthur Jones if they signed Joseph.

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina 12m

"RT @ProFootballTalk: Report: Giants show "interest" in Saints C Brian de la Puente http://bit.ly/Pk8aCw <>Report via the NY Daily News"

"Here's a very interesting name to add to the Giants' watch list: TE Brandon Pettigrew. ... I'm told there's some level of interest there."

Hallelujah x2

About a month ago I mentioned him as someone I'd like the giants to sign.

Guessing they have the same sentiments I did after the combine and watching CFB games...which is this TE class doesn't impress me. I think they are also hoping McAdoo turns Robinson into something and they'll bring in a vet just for safety valve.

Retweeted by SNYGiants

"Hearing #Giants want interior of offensive line to be (right to left) Chris Snee, Kevin Boothe, Geoff Schwartz." http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/03/giants_plan_for_offensive_line_starting_to_come_into_shape.html

Not exactly the huge upgrade I was expecting. I was thinking Schwartz(RG) EDS C Draft pick(LG) Snee has a backup and didn't put Boothe in the equation.

Much rather would of had Jon Asamoah from KC. He signed with Atlanta.

A journeyman who started 7 games last year...CHAMPIONSHIP!

Then again, the Chiefs opted for Schwartz over Asamoah last season. Asamoah began the season as the starter at right guard but missed a game in late November against San Diego because of a shoulder injury. Schwartz played so well the Chiefs kept him in the lineup for the rest of the season, leaving Asamoah on the bench. And don't forget that the offense began to make its move at the time Schwartz was put into the lineup, though it's difficult to make the direct connection between the events.

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/4310/interesting-choice-schwartz-or-asamoah