SportsWrath

Tight End Coach Mike Pope hired by the Cowboys

BleedinBlue

Seems odd that the Cowboys who have one of the most successful tight end plays in history with Witten constantly turning big plays and last year's pick (one of the top two T.E.'s in the draft) need Pope. I wouldn't change anything about their T.E. game if I was them. Anyway, good for Pope I guess. At 71 years old, it's pretty amazing to snag a 6 figure job these days.

Cowboys drafted Gavin Escobar in Round two last year. It's about developing him.

I recall well. He was one of the only two stud T.E.'s in the draft and I wondered why they bothered pissing away a pick on a T.E. when they already had Witten. They also had huge offensive line problems and drafted a center (Travis Frederick) with their first..and even though he was the best center in the draft, no one had him going higher than a third, and a stretch to fall into the second.

Cowboys were ridiculed for their draft, yet their offensive line improved this past season and they have a stud T.E. in the making, so maybe they get the last laugh.

No shit - Witten beats us like a rented mule or a two-dollar hooker!

And that won't change with our current DC and GM. Fewell's 3 safety alignment guarantees a physical mismatch in the Cowboys favor, and Reese sucks with linebackers.

I've seen newly-born sea turtles that can protect themselves better than the Giants against Witten.