SportsWrath

Kevin Gilbride on Hakeem Nicks' TD drought: It's nothing defenses are doing

Nas

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/12/kevin_gilbride_on_hakeem_nicks_td_drought_its_nothing_defenses_are_doing.html

"No, no," Gilbride said. "Not at all. Even in the game Sunday we had a shot, it hit him right in the chest. So, he's had some chances. Sometimes the ball is going the other way. Sometimes the coverage dictated it go to someone else. There's been opportunities, but it's unfortunate. Sunday, we misfired on one and he was running wide open down the sideline.

"It just hasn't worked out. Am I surprised? Yeah, no question."

Nas, you're really quoting Gilbride to support your Hakeem hatred? Are you gonna start quoting Hitler to support your anti-Israel arguments too?

There's no Hakeem Nicks "hatred". I think he's partly responsible for his dismal season. I'm quoting Gilbride for the sake of quoting him... meaning.. he bluntly threw Nicks under the bus which not something a coach should do.

There's no Hakeem Nicks "hatred". I think he's partly responsible for his dismal season. I'm quoting Gilbride for the sake of quoting him... meaning.. he bluntly threw Nicks under the bus which not something a coach should do.

I'm only fucking around. I totally read that quote the same way. Gilbride knows his days are numbered.

I was being sarcastic haha, but I'm curious what happens with Nicks in the offseason

Nothing that would harm the Giants... either he stays or goes, right?

-Stays: We have a proven WR who for one reason or another has been less than stellar the last 2 years...

-Goes: The Giants use the money they would have paid him to sign another equally good (or better) WR... or Draft one in the 1st round and use the money instead to shore up the OL.

41st in the NFL in targets. that's how you utilize your x-receiver

Well when your running the long developing routes and the QB does have time for them to development before he has to get rid of the ball.

Now only if there was some way to say shorten the routes up so the ball can be put in the hands of play makers sooner we may have something.

But thats not how the offense is designed. And we all know you can't change a scheme to the players you have available. That would be crazy.

Well when your running the long developing routes and the QB does have time for them to development before he has to get rid of the ball.

Now only if there was some way to say shorten the routes up so the ball can be put in the hands of play makers sooner we may have something.

But thats not how the offense is designed. And we all know you can't change a scheme to the players you have available. That would be crazy.

hahahaha well first let's let our offensive coordinator learn the difference between someone's chest and their hands, then he can learn the difference between midfield and the red zone, then maybe we can move on to learning what an adjustment is

THing with Gilbride is that he's a freaking moron.... dude knows the O-line can't hold up more than a second.. can't he adjust the plays for shorter routes and faster release of the ball??.. instead this fucker does the usual first and long, second and long. third and run straight in the middle. BS... when was the last time you watch a game where you're totally caught off guard by Gilbride's game play?

As for Nicks, he's a great WR.. he isn't like the rest of the EX WR giants that go somewhere else and bombs.. i really wish they can somehow bring him back...

hahahaha well first let's let our offensive coordinator learn the difference between someone's chest and their hands, then he can learn the difference between midfield and the red zone, then maybe we can move on to learning what an adjustment is

LMAO!!!