SportsWrath

Well, that's the season.

Sephiroth

Mike WHITE SHOULD BE OUT, he's 77 years old.. Now, Mike Smith, the Falcons coach, should definitely stay. He turned the Falcons around after the Michael Vick fiasco and made the playoffs 4 years in a row If one down year gets a great coach fired in this NFL, it's another reason to dislike it.

Well to each his own... I prefer old time football to this ballerina stuff... and even if the Giants were winning the game pretty much blows to me...

It sucks that football has ultimately boiled down to which team possesses the ball last...at least, among the teams that are actually talented and well-coached....adjectives that, unfortunately, can no longer be used to describe the NY Giants. I've never seen so many teams struggle to close out a game, even if they have a 2 or 3 score lead, it never seems like the team that's losing is ever really completely out of the game. I don't know if it's all rule change or just modern philosophy, but I've really yet to see a team able to hold a 7 point lead in the waning quarters. Shit, the Broncos pass so much while up 17 in the 4th that it's downright ridiculous.

People seem to think it's more exciting that way...but I tend to believe that most football fans have the attention span, knowledge of the game, and maturity of a 12 year old.

It sucks that football has ultimately boiled down to which team possesses the ball last...at least, among the teams that are actually talented and well-coached....adjectives that, unfortunately, can no longer be used to describe the NY Giants. I've never seen so many teams struggle to close out a game, even if they have a 2 or 3 score lead, it never seems like the team that's losing is ever really completely out of the game. I don't know if it's all rule change or just modern philosophy, but I've really yet to see a team able to hold a 7 point lead in the waning quarters. Shit, the Broncos pass so much while up 17 in the 4th that it's downright ridiculous.

People seem to think it's more exciting that way...but I tend to believe that most football fans have the attention span, knowledge of the game, and maturity of a 12 year old.

Calling that Brooks hit on Brees illegal a few weeks back was nearly the end for me. I still love football, but goddamn

Calling that Brooks hit on Brees illegal a few weeks back was nearly the end for me. I still love football, but goddamn

Exactly...and don't get me wrong some of those old time hits were down right nasty and mean spirited...but that was an abortion of a call...

Good thing we didn't try Nassib out today. He could have thrown a bunch of INTs and we might not have scored any points.

Well, everyone knows the best way to "turn your fourth round pick into a second" is to deactivate him every week.

Good thing we didn't try Nassib out today. He could have thrown a bunch of INTs and we might not have scored any points.

I see what you did there... :P I spent the entire afternoon up till now doing things I enjoy on top of spending time with my daughters. I went to an Italian restaurant and turned my back on the the Giants...they were losing by 14 at the time... Just close out the season already.