SportsWrath

Scout.com article on the Giants

Motes

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/527991.html?refid=3652

"After a terrific off-season when the team signed several quality free agents, the Giants hoped to add more talent in the defensive front-seven. New York moved around the draft board throughout the first day and in the end came away with one of the best draft's no one is talking about.

New York Giants

Ernie Acorsi and the Giants quite possibly had one of the most underrated draft’s last weekend. They combined solid trades with the best players available and came away with a lot of quality prospects. At the top of his game Mathias Kiwinuka is a dominant defensive end. Hence using the final pick of round one on a player who was injured most of his senior campaign could turn into one of the draft’s best bargains. Not far behind was selecting Sinorice Moss, the fastest receiver in this draft and a developing player. Gerris Wilkinson and Barry Coefield are both excellent long term prospects who will rotate into the line-up as rookies. Each has the ability to be used at several different defensive line and linebacker spots respectively. Both were terrific value where they were picked. Guy Whimper is a practice squad player who could develop into a starter with more experience.

In trading down seven slots during the first frame the Giants acquired a third round choice which they used to select Wilkinson. In the end the team came away with a pair of terrific prospects at the 32nd and 96th selections. In moving up twelve spots in round two to secure Moss the team gave away a late third round choice, well worth the investment."

Guest Floyd The Barber
http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/527991.html?refid=3652

"After a terrific off-season when the team signed several quality free agents, the Giants hoped to add more talent in the defensive front-seven. New York moved around the draft board throughout the first day and in the end came away with one of the best draft's no one is talking about.

New York Giants

Ernie Acorsi and the Giants quite possibly had one of the most underrated draft’s last weekend. They combined solid trades with the best players available and came away with a lot of quality prospects. At the top of his game Mathias Kiwinuka is a dominant defensive end. Hence using the final pick of round one on a player who was injured most of his senior campaign could turn into one of the draft’s best bargains. Not far behind was selecting Sinorice Moss, the fastest receiver in this draft and a developing player. Gerris Wilkinson and Barry Coefield are both excellent long term prospects who will rotate into the line-up as rookies. Each has the ability to be used at several different defensive line and linebacker spots respectively. Both were terrific value where they were picked. Guy Whimper is a practice squad player who could develop into a starter with more experience.

In trading down seven slots during the first frame the Giants acquired a third round choice which they used to select Wilkinson. In the end the team came away with a pair of terrific prospects at the 32nd and 96th selections. In moving up twelve spots in round two to secure Moss the team gave away a late third round choice, well worth the investment."

please...

Guest Floyd The Barber
Yup just another professional unbiased analyst that doesn't know shit right?

i happen to know more than these professional unbiased so-called analysts that everyone on this forum ooohhh's and ahhhh's over everything they print...

if they only knew the current state of the NYG organization, and the basic need in our line-up, they would of rated this years draft a big fat F...

Guest Carbo
Yup just another professional unbiased analyst that doesn't know shit right?
Interesting, but when "another professional unbiased analyst" writes or says something that isn't what you want to hear, something that is negative about the Jints, you take a whole different stance.

i happen to know more than these professional unbiased so-called analysts that everyone on this forum ooohhh's and ahhhh's over everything they print...

if they only knew the current state of the NYG organization, and the basic need in our line-up, they would of rated this years draft a big fat F...

Kinda like how you believe Shockey is not a Pro-Bowl TE. But you know everything, right?

Tell you what, publish your own draft guide and let me know next year how the first year sales of FloydtheBarberpessimistdraftguide.com turned out.

The good news is that you've got nowhere to go but up in your draft analysis. For example, maybe next year you can handicap the first round better than this year. I noticed the collective brainpower of the Fab 4 "shrewdly" drafted TE Leonard Pope at the end of the first round in the messageboard mock. Form didn't hold too well on draft day though. Pope was not the 2nd, not the 3rd, not even the 4th or 5th, but the 6th tight end drafted, all the way back in round 3. You guys really nailed it there. Excellent work.

Now I'm sorry, what were you saying about Scouts.com again?

we will see... i hate draft grades, and draft analysis'... you can't really judge them untill 3 years down the road.

guys like Mel Kiper makes millions of dollars for doing nothing, essentially

His mock drafts aren't so good but he knows everything about everybody. He deserves whatever he gets in his pay.

all he does is repeat what others say... you can find anything he spews on any draft website.

he's a broadcaster, not an expert... thats why he's on TV and no in anyones FO

Agreed, I'm quite certain I could do every bit as good a job as Mel Kiper if all I had to do was handicap the draft all season.

the thing is with twats like Floyd and his buddies is that they are never happy. They get more joy outta bitchin about what's 'wrong' with the team instead of just enjoying football for what it is....a fuggin game. If the Giants score a TD, these fags don't cheer, they pick apart the one missed black that happened or the fact that the TD put us up by only 6 when we should be blowing the team outta the water. Arguing your point to those guys is an act of futility unless your point coincides with their phucked up point of view.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Tell you what, publish your own draft guide and let me know next year how the first year sales of FloydtheBarberpessimistdraftguide.com turned out.

The good news is that you've got nowhere to go but up in your draft analysis. For example, maybe next year you can handicap the first round better than this year. I noticed the collective brainpower of the Fab 4 "shrewdly" drafted TE Leonard Pope at the end of the first round in the messageboard mock. Form didn't hold too well on draft day though. Pope was not the 2nd, not the 3rd, not even the 4th or 5th, but the 6th tight end drafted, all the way back in round 3. You guys really nailed it there. Excellent work.

Now I'm sorry, what were you saying about Scouts.com again?

Pope will turn out to be a steal in this years draft...if your theory held any water, then what ever happened to first rounders like William Joseph ?? Shaun Williams ?? Ron Dayne ?? Andre Ware ?? ect...

Pope will turn out to be a steal in this years draft...if your theory held any water, then what ever happened to first rounders like William Joseph ?? Shaun Williams ?? Ron Dayne ?? Andre Ware ?? ect...

Where did I define my theory? All I said was you and the mental midgets bungled the mock draft yet you're bashing established sources like Scouts.com. Somewhat hypocritical, no?

Have you ever seen Leonard Pope block? Me neither. Thinks about that for a minute before responding.