SportsWrath

Former Giants running back shot by Cops

Lughead

That's crazy they have uniform mounted cameras now...Cops TV show have to get them some of that.

What blows me away about it all is the woman saying that the cops didn't have to shoot him. Dude has a knife to your chest and you're just cool with that?

Let the record show...if I'm ever being held at knifepoint against my will and someone, anyone, shoots the fucker holding the knife...I will NOT be pissed...no, not pissed at all.

I think part of her response has a lot to do with the psyche of DV victims is that they usually love their abusers so the natural/immediate response is to want to protect that loved one. Also people say a lot of things while in a shock state. I wouldn't read too much into her statement. I used to run a facility where the cops were arresting often physically violent individuals and there would always be someone in the crowd or a relative saying "you didn't have to treat him/her like that..." you learn to ignore it and not take it in.

I think part of her response has a lot to do with the psyche of DV victims is that they usually love their abusers so the natural/immediate response is to want to protect that loved one. Also people say a lot of things while in a shock state. I wouldn't read too much into her statement. I used to run a facility where the cops were arresting often physically violent individuals and there would always be someone in the crowd or a relative saying "you didn't have to treat him/her like that..." you learn to ignore it and not take it in.

While I understand where you're coming from and believe that's likely true in many circumstances, I can't understand how any amount of love would alter your psyche to such a degree as to want to protect the person who just threatened your life.

I seriously love my wife and kids with all that I am and there's not even a little bit inside me that doubts my own feeling in that regard, but I promise you, if any one of them ever put a knife to my throat or gun to my head...not only would I not care if they got taken out by a third party (cop, friend, whomever), but I'd be pissed off that I'd then have to clean up whatever's left of them.

The words, 'you didn't have to do that' would be ultimately replaced with a 'thank you for taking the bitch out, drinks on me'

While I understand where you're coming from and believe that's likely true in many circumstances, I can't understand how any amount of love would alter your psyche to such a degree as to want to protect the person who just threatened your life.

I seriously love my wife and kids with all that I am and there's not even a little bit inside me that doubts my own feeling in that regard, but I promise you, if any one of them ever put a knife to my throat or gun to my head...not only would I not care if they got taken out by a third party (cop, friend, whomever), but I'd be pissed off that I'd then have to clean up whatever's left of them.

The words, 'you didn't have to do that' would be ultimately replaced with a 'thank you for taking the bitch out, drinks on me'

I hear ya man... its amazing what comes out within the abusive cycle... people are very similar to dogs in that no matter how many times the master launches a boot up the ass of Spot...he will generally come back with tail a wagging...Abusers are very adept at blaming the victim and getting them to hold themselves fully or partially responsible for their own abuse. Its one reason why abuse victims ...90% of them go back to their abusers... :(

Also they usually had abusive parents so this is what they feel is a normal relationship. When all you know is abuse it becomes normal.

Correct...my Old Man was a screamer... and its taken me a lot of talking too by loved ones that I am a screamer as well. Never thought I was but too many people have told me the same. All the result of verbal abuse by the Old Man... The difference between me and this creep is that I take ownership of it and have worked to correct it.