SportsWrath

When we used to have a defense.

JMFP

I loved that the defense was just out to fuck people up....that was one of the major influences LT had on that team.

They were a good defense before LT showed up, but they just went apeshit after that.

NFL today sucks cock.....maybe my 3rd favorite sport. Hockey is the clear #1, and baseball has become better than football in terms of just overall enjoyment.

I loved that the defense was just out to fuck people up....that was one of the major influences LT had on that team.

They were a good defense before LT showed up, but they just went apeshit after that.

NFL today sucks cock.....maybe my 3rd favorite sport. Hockey is the clear #1, and baseball has become better than football in terms of just overall enjoyment.

Yes I feel the same way. flip flop baseball over hockey (although if this 19 year old kid on the sharks that scored 4 goals last night is the real deal, it'll be a fun season) But I'm conflicted about football. There are a lot of f'd up dudes walking around with their marbles mangled from that era. And the head injuries keep mounting. If I had a boy of age, I would not let him go out for High School Football. I was at a JV game last week and a kid was taken off on a ambulance with a back injury. I'm just a Giants fan.

Yes I feel the same way. flip flop baseball over hockey (although if this 19 year old kid on the sharks that scored 4 goals last night is the real deal, it'll be a fun season) But I'm conflicted about football. There are a lot of f'd up dudes walking around with their marbles mangled from that era. And the head injuries keep mounting. If I had a boy of age, I would not let him go out for High School Football. I was at a JV game last week and a kid was taken off on a ambulance with a back injury. I'm just a Giants fan.

Really good points about the safety standpoint. I think that the league could spend a shitload more on technology.

We've got cops on the street with shit that can stop bullets.....we should be able to develop sports equipment that is safer.

It's unfortunate and I do see why the NFL had to do something about it. The NHL has started cracking down also. In both leagues the dirty hits were becoming too frequent to ignore. It was starting to become out of control. The whole QB babying though I am not a fan of.

That QB from the Cards used to take a beating ad well. #15 forgot his name

Lomax for the Pink Birds; ....for a while there it was White/Hogenboom... The Broke Backs; Jaws for the Egals...and Theisman for the Native American Epithets... :P LT and friends put them all out one time or another...sometimes permanently.

after watching that video i don't think i can ever bitch about the new offense friendly rules again

Its one reason why I chose to play defense in High School FS and CB ....because I did not want a killer hit to happen to me like to my oldest brother who played TE and almost got his neck broke on a face mask... he took his helmet off bashed the other guy in the head with it...and then threw it to the sidelines and walked off...never to play again. One of the many funny anecdotes about my oldest brother...I really miss him.. :(