SportsWrath

At 0-3, where do the Giants go from here?

BlueInCanada

Wilson running behind a good line, a good fullback, and a decent blocking TE, is a good running back. You can see his ability in the tackles he's breaking behind the line. Problem is, he needs to be able to break tackles beyond the line of scrimmage, and not need to break so many of them. He should have 9 guys blocking for him, why is there 4-5 guys gang tackling him in the backfield? He isn't getting a chance to have success, and that's a shame

The pats tend to have solid players pretty much all around whereas the rest of the NFL has what amounts to the 1% vs the 99%.

Good point.

The thing that the Pats do is that they round out the roster with guys who can play in the NFL.

I'm sure Belichick would love to have a bunch of all-pros on the team, but in this salary cap era, he gets decent to very good guys, so they have a team that is well coached, well discplined, and pretty solid all around.

Reese has become obsessed with striking gold on every pick, instead of just going for blue chip, productive guys.

I really wish he'd look to some of the top programs in college (e.g, the SEC), and just select some guys with alot of game tape (e.g., 4 year players) so he can make some boring but safe picks in the middle and late rounds.

There is a good chance that someone who played under a guy like Nick Saban will make a good transition to a Tom Coughlin team.

The Giants don't need all-pros....they need starters with some mental and physical toughness. That's all.

Reese has become obsessed with striking gold on every pick, instead of just going for blue chip, productive guys.

I really wish he'd look to some of the top programs in college (e.g, the SEC), and just select some guys with alot of game tape (e.g., 4 year players) so he can make some boring but safe picks in the middle and late rounds.

I agree Joe , Reese has taken too many gambles with 'flashy players' and risky 'potential stars' instead of drafting solid linebackers and O Line replacements. Now our Franchise QB is getting flattened and we have no fucking Running game ........brilliant ......the season is over ....I just hope it isn't too late to save 2014 !

When was the last time we ever drafted a LBer??????

Many times but usually late rounds although Sintim was a 2nd rounder. A first rounder was in the 80s, Banks. Hell for OLine the last one was Petitgout; not counting Pugh of course. A lot of DBs recently.