SportsWrath

Am I the only one ?

Lughead

I just do not want to read any head line for the past two weeks. Nor do I want to read any online articles

(sorry allstarjim). Twitter, forget it. I am just in a weird mood about this 2013 start. I feel angry yet I feel like its par for the course. Giants crappy start mid season looking good October on FIRE ,December swoon. miss playoffs by week 16 . If this thing falls in a heap on Coughlin's lap He surely would have to be thinking a new direction is needed right?

I just do not want to read any head line for the past two weeks. Nor do I want to read any online articles

(sorry allstarjim). Twitter, forget it. I am just in a weird mood about this 2013 start. I feel angry yet I feel like its par for the course. Giants crappy start mid season looking good October on FIRE ,December swoon. miss playoffs by week 16 . If this thing falls in a heap on Coughlin's lap He surely would have to be thinking a new direction is needed right?

Me too.. been reading the titles then.. blah... heard that before... excuses.. I'm always in a rut when they lose... but fuck.. we really need some impact players.. lately we've been doing patch work.. holding on to the potential rather than actual...

I'm with you.

When I think of Giants Football, I think of a solid running game, a smart quarterback, a tight end who can block, a defense that stonewalls running backs, and linebackers that terrorize opposing QBs.

But even more importantly, I think of a team with a tough but professional attitude, where busting your ass is mandatory.

This current team in no way resembles anything like the team I grew up watching.

Right now, I honestly have no clue about what the hell is going on with this team, or why I should even care. Basically, I'm rooting for these guys because they are wearing the Giants uniforms.

Maybe it's just a reflection of "today's game", in which case I have to say, bring back the 1980's, because this NBA/Arena crap sucks ass. Looking around the league, seems like Seattle is going retro, with good results.

Fortunately my Scarlet Knights are 2-1.......Go Rutgers...beat Arkansas!!!!

I feel the same way. My usual optimism is at an all time low. Now, if I saw a headline in which there was a trade, or a pick up, or that the team was going to be shaken up.....I'd read every word. But reading about what went wrong or who is being brought up from the practice squad does not encourage hope.

If we suddenly start moving the ball on the ground and Eli can stay focused and not panic, it would revive my dead spirit in this team.

I feel the same way. My usual optimism is at an all time low. Now, if I saw a headline in which there was a trade, or a pick up, or that the team was going to be shaken up.....I'd read every word. But reading about what went wrong or who is being brought up from the practice squad does not encourage hope.

If we suddenly start moving the ball on the ground and Eli can stay focused and not panic, it would revive my dead spirit in this team.

The Manning, Beatty, and Herzlich interviews on giants.com were nothing but excuses. It was really pathetic and disheartening to read just how clueless these guys are. Justin Tuck had some brilliant insight into the pass rush, though, however.

To be honest, I knew in preseason that we were not going to be a good football team. I cannot think of a team in the NFL right now that is playing worse than the Giants. Maybe Jacksonville. Maybe the Steelers...who are like our AFC carbon-copy...no run game, injured offensive line...old defense.

The Manning, Beatty, and Herzlich interviews on giants.com were nothing but excuses. It was really pathetic and disheartening to read just how clueless these guys are. Justin Tuck had some brilliant insight into the pass rush, though, however.

To be honest, I knew in preseason that we were not going to be a good football team. I cannot think of a team in the NFL right now that is playing worse than the Giants. Maybe Jacksonville. Maybe the Steelers...who are like our AFC carbon-copy...no run game, injured offensive line...old defense.

Yes, this looks like the changing of the guard. Giants, Pats. Packers, Steelers give way to 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos, Texans....

To be fair...Eli went to the Derek Jeter school of "saying alot, while not saying anything worth of substance."

That's what it was, exactly! He basically said, "The interceptions may or may not have been my fault," and "The running game may or may not get better"

That's what it was, exactly! He basically said, "The interceptions may or may not have been my fault," and "The running game may or may not get better"

LOL. Mark Herzlich...bless his heart. I don't want to see him anymore on the field. We've got enough full time special teamers.

I used to read a lot... pretty much every article from any source.. anything Giants.. but now I and I'd say all of us on this forum are up to speed on a lot... nothing I can read from someone else would tell me something that hasn't been brought up and discussed here.... To your point, unless we bring in some impact player not some washed up scrub, I have no interest in readying... But I do read stats... Eli is 2nd in passing... only 1 yard behind Rodgers... And he's first in interceptions woot woot.

I used to read a lot... pretty much every article from any source.. anything Giants.. but now I and I'd say all of us on this forum are up to speed on a lot... nothing I can read from someone else would tell me something that hasn't been brought up and discussed here.... To your point, unless we bring in some impact player not some washed up scrub, I have no interest in readying... But I do read stats... Eli is 2nd in passing... only 1 yard behind Rodgers... And he's first in interceptions woot woot.

imagine if Eli had 0 INT'S :ermm:

I'm with you.

When I think of Giants Football, I think of a solid running game, a smart quarterback, a tight end who can block, a defense that stonewalls running backs, and linebackers that terrorize opposing QBs.

But even more importantly, I think of a team with a tough but professional attitude, where busting your ass is mandatory.

This current team in no way resembles anything like the team I grew up watching.

Right now, I honestly have no clue about what the hell is going on with this team, or why I should even care. Basically, I'm rooting for these guys because they are wearing the Giants uniforms.

Maybe it's just a reflection of "today's game", in which case I have to say, bring back the 1980's, because this NBA/Arena crap sucks ass. Looking around the league, seems like Seattle is going retro, with good results.

Fortunately my Scarlet Knights are 2-1.......Go Rutgers...beat Arkansas!!!!

Two big wins over Carnagie Mellon and Ridgewood HS.......

To be fair...Eli went to the Derek Jeter school of "saying alot, while not saying anything worth of substance."

I thought he went to the Foghorn Leghorn school of stuttering and stammering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49TuPc7hmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSPaLiTBL3E

"Now Victor Cruz runs I said a-runs down the, a-down the field..."

imagine if Eli had 0 INT'S :ermm:

If he didn't, we'd have likely gone to running the ball to run off the clock given we'd be up by quite a bit, which would have kept his stats in check. We're throwing early AND late in games becuase we can't run the ball and our defense, while playing okay, isn't good enough to win a game in spite of our offense.