SportsWrath

The Mook makes the play of the day

Lughead

Prince out ran Ruben Randle to intercept Eli on an over the top pass. I didn't notice if Randle just gave up on the play or not. Webby also popped a catch-able pass from Eli away from Cruz and intercepted the pass as well. I thought the ball was shortclearly had a lot of room to lead Cruz more. #gottagetchemistryback (

Webster had a bad year, guess what he has had a bad season before and bounced back better. He will bounce back, btw you do know that he was playing with a broken hand right?

He lost confidence too, I'll admit that. Didn't help, we had no pass rush, to help the secondary, there's only so long a CB can stay with a WR.

Webster had a bad year, guess what he has had a bad season before and bounced back better. He will bounce back, btw you do know that he was playing with a broken hand right?

He was injured a lot last season. Paul Dottino talked about that with him on the daily Giants camp report on MSG+, watch it here.

Broken hand doesn't really heal by gametime so I'll give him the broken hand, horrible run defense and say it was just bad all around. He will bounce back people. If Webster didn't play last season our secondary would have been worst than it was.

If we cut Webster right now we would have $5,095,000 in dead money. You would have to be an idiot to cut Webster this season.

Judging Webster by last season.. he's awful... taking into account the last 5 years or so, he's our best DB. I think the D will bounce back as a group and Webby is part of that.

On a side note, something tells me Kuhn will have a much bigger impact that people expect.

Ross was cut by the Jags, cut. He's here to back up the corners, he knows it. Don't get fooled by training camp, this is not Aaron Ross, superbowl 42.

I don't even remember him being that good during the Super Bowl 42 season. Avg at best.

I'm not as hype as everyone here about our defense. We lost Phillips, JPP coming back from injury, and Kiwi just starting to get full time DE action with two years absent from the position. Then tuck, the leader who is also coming back from a neck/shoulder injury which raped him of last year. A few young guys on DT who isn't pro bowl status(yet).

Then we have the LB line fill with former first rounders and high hopes.

On paper, we are doom and as a Giants fan I hope I'm wrong.

I don't even remember him being that good during the Super Bowl 42 season. Avg at best.

I'm not as hype as everyone here about our defense. We lost Phillips, JPP coming back from injury, and Kiwi just starting to get full time DE action with two years absent from the position. Then tuck, the leader who is also coming back from a neck/shoulder injury which raped him of last year. A few young guys on DT who isn't pro bowl status(yet).

Then we have the LB line fill with former first rounders and high hopes.

On paper, we are doom and as a Giants fan I hope I'm wrong.

Now the bright side...

LBs will outplay most people's expectations. I think we have a solid bunch.

Phillips was warming the bench a lot... other safeties stepped up and are playing better.

Ross sucked back then he will suck this time.. but as a back up.. he's better than a lot of people.

Webby will show improvement over last year.... and you have Prince coming onto his own.

The D Line is vastly improved and we have a few youngsters who may make a splash this year.. Kuhn comes to mind.