SportsWrath

Is Cruz turning gay or something?

BleedinBlue

nicks couldn't be more of the antithesis of a diva wr

I'm sorry, but I have a far differing opinion on this matter.

Divas DO: "workout" on their own in North Carolina or whatever. Refuse to show up to voluntary workouts to establish the timing that was missing all of last season, timing that the star QB and leader of the team ADMITS was missing the entire year. In all reality, he probably was throwing his hissy fit, sticking his broken ass foot in the door of Jerry Reese and the contract door.

Divas DON'T: Pull Shockeys and miss entire weeks of voluntary (which in NFL terms means, "get your ass on the field, everyone else is here") workouts.

(You realize that Shockey got a ton more shit for this than Nicks and they have about the same consistency and injury history)

I have an entirely new opinion on both Nicks and Cruz and it's that both are me-first players and since they already have a ring, I see little desire from them. Cruz is worse, way, way worse, I'll admit that. But Stevie Nicks was out of sync and looked like complete ass on the field last year aside from 4, maybe 5 games. The reality is, the voluntary workouts got other players some chemistry with Eli and that's about the only positive that comes from them not being there. Otherwise, it's just a distraction for the team and detrimental to what you're trying to do as a team: win games. You can't make plays and win games simply by knowing the offense, like Stevie Nicks seems to indicate in his cute little interview there. You make plays and win games by knowing your quarterback and having everyone on the same page.

Divas DO: "workout" on their own in North Carolina or whatever. Refuse to show up to voluntary workouts to establish the timing that was missing all of last season, timing that the star QB and leader of the team ADMITS was missing the entire year. In all reality, he probably was throwing his hissy fit, sticking his broken ass foot in the door of Jerry Reese and the contract door.

Divas DON'T: Pull Shockeys and miss entire weeks of voluntary (which in NFL terms means, "get your ass on the field, everyone else is here") workouts.

(You realize that Shockey got a ton more shit for this than Nicks and they have about the same consistency and injury history)

I have an entirely new opinion on both Nicks and Cruz and it's that both are me-first players and since they already have a ring, I see little desire from them. Cruz is worse, way, way worse, I'll admit that. But Stevie Nicks was out of sync and looked like complete ass on the field last year aside from 4, maybe 5 games. The reality is, the voluntary workouts got other players some chemistry with Eli and that's about the only positive that comes from them not being there. Otherwise, it's just a distraction for the team and detrimental to what you're trying to do as a team: win games. You can't make plays and win games simply by knowing the offense, like Stevie Nicks seems to indicate in his cute little interview there. You make plays and win games by knowing your quarterback and having everyone on the same page.

While I agree with you about being a team player and going the extra mile in showing up even if the OTA's are voluntary, I will reserve judgement in the sense that a) they are voluntary for a reason and b) We don't know what personal issues Nicks was dealing with so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not too upset about neither WR being there because all that means is the other guys got more reps with Eli which will come in handy should one or both not be available during the season for any reason.

So far neither one of them have done anything that warrants me to have negative feelings towards them... part me wishes Cruz would drop the big ego and sign that $8M/yr contract. But I understand it's a business and while I believe in working while negotiating my future with an employer, some choose this rather weird route that Cruz chose...

the guy says nothing, draws no attention to himself, does barely any endorsements, doesn't mention his contract, isn't trying to build a brand, isn't trying to do a tv show, picks and chooses his spots to celebrate TDs and is by all accounts a good teammate.

you're basing this all on missing one set of voluntary workouts

in nicks' first two years as a full time starter he played 28 of 32 games and 79 catches/1,052 yards and 76 catches/1,192 yards. One year was with cruz, one year was with smith and then hixon on the other side of him. pretty consistent numbers, pretty healthy too. not exactly shockeyesque.

he's had ONE down year and ONE injury plagued year. he was also probably the 2nd MVP of the last superbowl run. sounds to me like you are just reaching for the first excuse you can to get all over him

in nicks' first two years as a full time starter he played 28 of 32 games and 79 catches/1,052 yards and 76 catches/1,192 yards. One year was with cruz, one year was with smith and then hixon on the other side of him. pretty consistent numbers, pretty healthy too. not exactly shockeyesque.

he's had ONE down year and ONE injury plagued year. he was also probably the 2nd MVP of the last superbowl run. sounds to me like you are just reaching for the first excuse you can to get all over him

fight fight fight :girlfight:

Cruz could have had this deal done weeks ago...maybe months ago. He loves New York where opportunity is limitless. He also knows that a 7-8 million dollar a year contract with the Giants is worth far more than that with endorsements, TV deals, etc., and longevity of celebrity-hood that could net him far, far more after his career in football is over.

A 7-8 million dollar contract with the New York Football Giants is worth millions more than a 10 million dollar contract with the Raiders, or the Jaguars...or any other team in the nation. Look at Derek Jeter who has a contract that pays him 18 million a year, but he makes 33 million a year total because of his endorsements and for no other reason than he's a Yankee and plays in NYC. Cruz knows this - everybody knows this.

Sign the friggin contract Victor and get to work!

Cruz could have had this deal done weeks ago...maybe months ago. He loves New York where opportunity is limitless. He also knows that a 7-8 million dollar a year contract with the Giants is worth far more than that with endorsements, TV deals, etc., and longevity of celebrity-hood that could net him far, far more after his career in football is over.

A 7-8 million dollar contract with the New York Football Giants is worth millions more than a 10 million dollar contract with the Raiders, or the Jaguars...or any other team in the nation. Look at Derek Jeter who has a contract that pays him 18 million a year, but he makes 33 million a year total because of his endorsements and for no other reason than he's a Yankee and plays in NYC. Cruz knows this - everybody knows this.

Sign the friggin contract Victor and get to work!

And what gets me is these guys know there's this thing called salary cap... meaning even if the team wants to pay you what you want, it needs money to sign/keep other talent in order for the organization to be successful... I think a player would rather making $8M a year on a team that's winning than $10M with a team that sucks... so this whole Cruz thing has played itself way longer than it should have and I can say he's no longer a favorite of mine.... I know that probably doesn't matter to him anyway.

well he has until monday to sign it otherwise the giants can lower the tender from 2.9 mil to 630k. hopefully that'll give him some incentive to accept the offer

The Giants would never do that. Unless of course, they simply decided in the front office that "enoughs, enough", and they plan on letting him go in the free agent market next year. In that case, they could simply drop his salary to 660k, and reduce the throws to him by 50-70%, while working Murphy more than expected so that Cruz doesn't have crazy numbers when he hits the market next year.

If the Giants so choose, they could screw his career up mightily and make a mess of his future. Without a single doubt in the world, the best place for him is working his ass off to be the best receiver in Giants' history and then taking full advantage of all New York has to offer after football. He is jumping the gun on collecting the goodwill of New Yorkers before he has barely started his football career. And the appearance of greed could start burning through some of that goodwill already. Think Stahan vs. Tiki in the NY market after their careers ended. New Yawkers don't forget things and they either love you or hate you...not much in between.

Divas also don't go to duke university during the offseason on their own time to throw with their qb.

Nicks did.

Which university do the divas go to?

Miami U....or as the players call it, "The U" as though it was the only university to ever play football and win a championship. A whole lot of players who came out of Miami go there for getting in shape (Shockey, Willis McGahee (just cut from Denver), etc.)

Miami U....or as the players call it, "The U" as though it was the only university to ever play football and win a championship. A whole lot of players who came out of Miami go there for getting in shape (Shockey, Willis McGahee (just cut from Denver), etc.)

I've seen several sources name the Giants as a potential landing spot for McGahee....I don't see what we'd do with him....how's his blocking?

I've seen several sources name the Giants as a potential landing spot for McGahee....I don't see what we'd do with him....how's his blocking?

I too saw a couple of places where it was mentioned or rumored. I don't believe it. He's 31 years old and coming off a torn ACL. And the team/coaches seem really high on this Cox fella. Cox and Scott are fighting for the 3rd RB spot and both are young, healthy, not coming off any broken bones or torn ACL's, etc. Just don't see it.

The Giants have talked with Leach's agent according to NJ.com and said they are interested, but because of cap space, would have to be a bargain basement contract. Since 9 other teams are inquiring about him...I don't see him wearing a Giants' uniform.

The Giants would never do that. Unless of course, they simply decided in the front office that "enoughs, enough", and they plan on letting him go in the free agent market next year. In that case, they could simply drop his salary to 660k, and reduce the throws to him by 50-70%, while working Murphy more than expected so that Cruz doesn't have crazy numbers when he hits the market next year.

If the Giants so choose, they could screw his career up mightily and make a mess of his future. Without a single doubt in the world, the best place for him is working his ass off to be the best receiver in Giants' history and then taking full advantage of all New York has to offer after football. He is jumping the gun on collecting the goodwill of New Yorkers before he has barely started his football career. And the appearance of greed could start burning through some of that goodwill already. Think Stahan vs. Tiki in the NY market after their careers ended. New Yawkers don't forget things and they either love you or hate you...not much in between.

What's funny is Cruz's #s are tied to Nicks' and vice versa... if this dude pushes his luck, the Giants would just move on... good luck being a star receiver when you're being doubled because the guy opposite of you isn't of Nicks' caliber... production goes down...and with the blockbuster deal.

What's funny is Cruz's #s are tied to Nicks' and vice versa... if this dude pushes his luck, the Giants would just move on... good luck being a star receiver when you're being doubled because the guy opposite of you isn't of Nicks' caliber... production goes down...and with the blockbuster deal.

You're absolutely right. Cruz looking for #1 receiver money (10 mill plus), while Nicks is sitting back to see how it unfolds and will use Cruz's contract as his starting point because he thinks he's the #1 receiver. If they both get their way, one will have to go just because we don't have the cap space to keep them both. Ideally, Cruz settles for the offer on the table and Nicks settles for a similar deal next year....otherwise, we're looking at losing one or both of them if they don't make some concessions for the betterment of the team.

Seems like one reporters guess.

I don't think it happens.

Yeah, it does seem like that. I saw it somewhere else, too, but when I was looking again I couldn't find it...I think it was just a list of teams McGahee would fit with, like the other link.

I don't think it happens, either, but for the vet min, he's the best guy out there, in my opinion. And I think with Andre Brown's injury history, we are kind of thin at the position