SportsWrath

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly... Giants/Skins

Sephiroth

Manning and Gilbride started to play the real game like Madden 2013. I was at a bar and just said "what the FUCK are they doing." Stupid, stupid play calls on which I believe Manning audibled into both of em. I'm in full agreement with Storm on this one. He's 100 percent correct.

I think Bradshaw getting all fired up was on the playcalling - He wasnt getting the ball on 1st and 10 in Giants territory with the Giants leading. And not once - multiple times. Thats just plain fucking stupid. You are funneling the Defense's plays on stupid shit like that. They bought into the fact that the Redskins secondary sucked and probably thought they could throw it whenever and wherever - they didnt realise that Washington also realised that and its a divisional game after all - all the more preparation. Bradshaw won the rock holding position today. That dude is the da man! Anyway - all QBs have their fucked up weeks - and in most cases it results in losses - Rodgers, Payton, Brees, Flacco - anybody - Im just glad in the off weeks that Eli has had he has been able to get the job done at the end with stellar play. Gilbride needs to be put in a mental asylum for such calls all game today. Our O and D playcalling sucked balls in general which means Washington studied and did a better coaching job than we did this game but luckily we had the players to get us the win. The coaches probably partied too hard for outcoaching SFO. IMO

It's a win, and I'll take it...but the Redskins are definitely up and coming. RG3 and Morris will be there for the foreseeable future and alone will keep them competitive. Scary that they're this good this early on. Hats off to Shanahan and their front office for getting these guys.

I think our struggles in this game really came down to Eli. He had an off day. I think our run/pass was mixed up well enough. I think we hit on a few screens at the right times. Eli was just inaccurate or his receivers weren't where they needed to be.

Our defense, well they weren't stellar, but I'll give them somewhat of a pass for meeting Morris and RG3 for the first time and dealing with multiple running options going in all different directions. Two guys going one way, one the other, all with the ability to cut it back. I'll take comfort in the fact that mobile QBs tend not to last as long because as noted earlier, RG3 can play.

The power running game ate the defense up the while game. How much was accounting for the rg3 option and how much was just the inability of the line to handle a power back.

Good news is few teams rely on a straight up power game.

I'll chalk that up as a bad game for our D-Line. Especially seeing Canty had just came back from injury... my hope is the line and the MLB/Safety are faster to react than to fucking sit back on their heels.

And man if that RG3 kid is as good as yesterday, then the Redskins will be good for a very long time...

We won because the Redskins turned the ball over 4 times in the second half after only turning the ball over 5 times in 6 previous games. Had we not had the turnovers, we lose that game. We caught a lucky break yesterday because we were outplayed and outcoached, but everytime we were on the ropes, the ball came loose and bounced our way. We can't always expect the other team to cough up the ball over and over to makeup for our lackluster play.

But at the end of the season, the game reads as a win. But the Giants need to realize they cannot play the way they did yesterday and expect luck to fall their way again. They need to play the way they did against the 49r's and take over games. Next game with the skins, I suspect the Giants will be better prepared, but I also expect the skins to have revenge on their minds and they are a good team.

The defense played like Eli did. Sucked in most parts - got some key plays done - and got us the win when it actually mattered. Today our defense = today our Eli. Washington didnt fuck up - most of the turnovers were some serious defensive plays. Eli's INTs were pisspoor throws

Yeah, the forced fumbles by Joseph and Pierre-Paul were two guys making plays. And as usual, Eli made a play when the team needed it. It wasn't pretty at all really but you're not going to play your best football week in week out. Sometimes you just have to survive. It's the characteristic of a good, well coached team.

this would've been the second game we gave away due to poor decision making (throwing the ball from the 27 yard line in the eagles game was the other). this is the NFL so it's to be expected i guess. bottom line is we're 5-2 and in great shape. if we win next week's division game we'll be sitting pretty

this would've been the second game we gave away due to poor decision making (throwing the ball from the 27 yard line in the eagles game was the other). this is the NFL so it's to be expected i guess. bottom line is we're 5-2 and in great shape. if we win next week's division game we'll be sitting pretty

I'm really hoping for 2-1 over the next 3 weeks (@Dallas, home for Pittsburgh, @Cincinatti), despite 3-0 being entirely possible, with one of the W's against Dallas next week. Sitting at 7-3, with a 2-2 division record heading into our bye...that'll set us up nicely to make a run at the playoffs.

If we can take out 1 of the 3 games we have with Atlanta, Green Bay, and New Orleans as well as our remaining division games against Washington and Philadelphia...that puts us at 10 wins and a lock for the playoffs.

Why would we not be able to go 3-0 over the next 3 weeks? We should have easy wins - otherwise we will gas out and lose against Atlanta GB and NO in that highpower offense scheme. GB and Atlanta will be playing some seriously pissed football against us. No will be playing for their lives maybe. Thats a lot tougher than the next 3 - we need one seriously tough game before the bye - otherwise we usually wipe ass in the bye week and lay a fresh turd on the field the following week. Thats the Giant problem

I'm really hoping for 2-1 over the next 3 weeks (@Dallas, home for Pittsburgh, @Cincinatti), despite 3-0 being entirely possible, with one of the W's against Dallas next week. Sitting at 7-3, with a 2-2 division record heading into our bye...that'll set us up nicely to make a run at the playoffs.

If we can take out 1 of the 3 games we have with Atlanta, Green Bay, and New Orleans as well as our remaining division games against Washington and Philadelphia...that puts us at 10 wins and a lock for the playoffs.

It's entirely possible we win all of our remaining games... of course I know any team is capable of shitting the bed here and there but at least I can see us going 3-0 and into the bye week. Beating NO is a must... I can't stand those fuckers and the ball chucking drew brees padding his stats.

It's entirely possible we win all of our remaining games... of course I know any team is capable of shitting the bed here and there but at least I can see us going 3-0 and into the bye week. Beating NO is a must... I can't stand those fuckers and the ball chucking drew brees padding his stats.

Personally, I want to lay a donut on the Cowboys.....like 42-0 type ass stompin. But in the end, I just really want to come away with a win against the freakin boys.

The saints will be a tough game, but I think we'll handle them okay. Same with Cincy. I only worry about the boys!

I think Bradshaw getting all fired up was on the playcalling - He wasnt getting the ball on 1st and 10 in Giants territory with the Giants leading. And not once - multiple times. Thats just plain fucking stupid.

That's part of it. The other is that Victor Cruz whiffed badly on a downfield block that ended up with the defender tackling Bradshaw.

I know we're not going to win every game, but I do believe we have that ability. I'd hope for 16 wins each year, but I'd only be setting myself up for disappointment because it doesn't happen. So when I'm hoping for a certain record, it gets checked against my realistic view of how the season might turn out.

Beating NO is a must... I can't stand those fuckers and the ball chucking drew brees padding his stats.

I want that game bad. I know we aren't built to beat them in the Superdome but you get them at home this time. I'd like to see Eli do to their defense what Brees has done to ours in the past.

I want that game bad. I know we aren't built to beat them in the Superdome but you get them at home this time. I'd like to see Eli do to their defense what Brees has done to ours in the past.

Thats the problem. Eli plays at the level of the opposition. If the secondary sucks Eli sucks its like he doesnt have a challenge and says awww shucks no challenge and craps and manages to win it somehow. If the secondary is fantastic - he takes is upon himself to be brilliant and rape them. Washington for example.....he just flat out was off last sunday.

Thats the problem. Eli plays at the level of the opposition. If the secondary sucks Eli sucks its like he doesnt have a challenge and says awww shucks no challenge and craps and manages to win it somehow. If the secondary is fantastic - he takes is upon himself to be brilliant and rape them. Washington for example.....he just flat out was off last sunday.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Eli. Eli manages the game to win... stats be damned.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Eli. Eli manages the game to win... stats be damned.

I dunno, Eli TARGETS Nnamdi Asomugha so I kind of agree in a way....he might not necessarily play better against better secondaries, but he does certainly appear to be more courageous and cocky against them.