SportsWrath

Injury updates per tweets

Allstarjim

Coe says hamstring injury very minor, is day to day.

Same for Keith Rivers, didn't even know he suffered a hamstring injury but apparently he did. He should be good to go for week 2.

Chase Blackburn suffered a minor stinger, says he is fine today.

Coughlin was asked about Amukamara's week 2 status and was unsure: "I'm not sure about that guy. He's trying like heck, though." Amukamara said he is still not running on his injured ankle, but can now "hop on it without pain", which he wasn't able to do a few days ago.... mmmkay.

Coughlin was asked several questions about David Wilson and said they still have packages for him and will use them in coming games. Also said Wilson earned his confidence in the kick return game.

Coughlin was also asked about acquiring CB help, and hinted that is a very real possibility.

Tom Rock tweeted about Hakeem Nicks, when he was asked how he felt out there:

"I feel like once I get into the swing of things I can do a little more," he said. "Right now it’s been a short training camp for me, I limited myself on the field, not being able to practice as much as I want to, but it’s a matter of maintaining and not prolonging this foot injury so I’m all for that. I’m sure I’ll be myself here in about another game or two. It’s just a matter of me playing and getting through it." 10 minutes ago

Hakeem also said he felt some pain in his foot on some routes.

From the sound of it, mostly positive news on the injury front. Hoping that Prince gets to full strength in the next 10 days... he is becoming a key to our season.

Word is Marvin Austin "targeting" a week 2 return. So we will see.

Sources: Tom Rock, Ralph Vacchiano, Ebenezer Samuel, and Ohm Youngmisuk.

"[Coughlin] also said Wilson earned his confidence in the kick return game."

Well with four Dallas scores, he certainly had plenty of opportunities. :unsure:

If anything I think they were for Wilson's confidence, some articles are saying Wilson was crying after the fumble and team mates had to help him pull himself together.

If anything I think they were for Wilson's confidence, some articles are saying Wilson was crying after the fumble and team mates had to help him pull himself together.

Haha, I was right! I definitely thought he was crying when they showed him. Poor kid. Fumbling on his what, 3rd attempt on national television.

WTF really?? Who is that? What a joke pick that early

It was like the 2nd or 3rd pick, too....and I dunno who it is, but I prolly wouldn't say, regardless....I just thought it was kind of funny but at the same time managed to drop some good players to me....