SportsWrath

Bradshaw, Wilson is my "project"

BlueInCanada

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

Ahmad Bradshaw has led the New York Giants in rushing the past two seasons, but he plans on taking another leadership role with running back David Wilson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I plan on using him as my project," Bradshaw told the Giants' official website Monday. "He's a very talented running back and he's from Virginia. Two Virginia guys in this running back corps is going to be dangerous. I expect to use him as my project to get him better, to get him smarter and just to mature him a little bit, just to help him understand the NFL."

Wilson, drafted out of Virginia Tech, carried the ball 290 times for nine touchdowns and 1,709 yards in the 2011 season.

Bradshaw, selected by the Giants in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft out of Marshall, rushed for nine touchdowns and 659 yards last season. He missed four games last season after suffering a stress fracture in his foot. He ran for 1,235 yards and eight touchdowns in 2010.

One of the first things Wilson will have to learn starting next week at the Giants' minicamp is New York's extensive playbook.

"As a Giant running back, it's one of the toughest things," Bradshaw said. "I don't see a lot of guys coming in and being able to grasp all of the different things you can do as a running back. You just have so many pass protections, so many pass route terms, so many run terms."

"That's when the word 'job' comes into play," Bradshaw explained. "When you first come in, you see all of these guys and you know it's strictly football. You don't have to worry about school and grades and different things. Now it's just straight football. You worry about this playbook and doing the right things, so when it comes time for you to make a play or come out to practice and be in the right position. Coming in, you have a lot of different things going through your head and you're trying to make the coaches happy, meeting new teammates. You worry about a little bit of everything when you first come in. That's why it's a good thing to come in and just be level-headed and be ready to learn."

Shows a lot of leadership on Bradshaws part.

I love it.

Demarcus Ware got his tit caught in the wringer when he made a comment last week or so about wishing the Cowboys were "more like the Giants". He said he could see it when they (Giants) came to town and took the field. He said the Giants have so much comraderie between the players and check their egos at the door. He said, "they walk with a swagger" because they like and believe in each other and know they need each other to succeed and they won't let each other down. He said that the Cowboys were more into individual accomplishments and didn't gel the way the Giants do as a team. Ware caught holy hell for saying that.

Anyway....Bradshaw taking Wilson under his wings is a great example of what Ware was talking about. Even when Jacobs had to play second fiddle to Bradshaw, he'd be the first one greating him on the sideline and pick him up while giving him a big hug and congratulating him.

Wilson should thrive with this team. TC is a high-discipline, high-expectations, no bullshit coach and I think it drives the comraderie between the players.

Guest StrahansGap

I don't think BJ was ever a leader outside of being a loud mouth on the sidelines.

BJ took Ahmad under his wing. He was a leader to him. Look it up for yourself. Ahmad thought the world of BJ. Ahmad is just trying to pass down what was tought to him.

Blue, I know you like to disagree with me on everything because you do it like it's your job. But I think you're dead wrong about Jacobs. Read this article and key in on the last two sentences:

http://www.giants101...brandon-jacobs/

I have no idea what you're talking about on the disagreement part.

However from that exact same site there is this article.

http://www.giants101...in-2011-season/

Only saying that "Jacobs was seen firing up the team on the sidelines"

More praise is giving to Rolle, Boley and Eli.

BJ took Ahmad under his wing. He was a leader to him. Look it up for yourself. Ahmad thought the world of BJ. Ahmad is just trying to pass down what was tought to him.

Seriously??? Dude - I sincerely hope Bradshaw doesnt pass on what was taught to him by BJ and lets Wilson learn stuff of his own accord or what Ahmad picked up on his own

Seriously??? Dude - I sincerely hope Bradshaw doesnt pass on what was taught to him by BJ and lets Wilson learn stuff of his own accord or what Ahmad picked up on his own

Yeah it's certainly screwed up Ahmad's career so far.

I don't see why this is even an issue to be argued over. BJ did take AB under his wing and they were great teammates. It sure beats the hell out of 2 guys wishing each other to fail. AB is not the vet and he sees Wilson will eventually be the starter as AB doesn't have much mileage left. I'm overly excited about Wilson... We haven't had a really exciting RB since Tiki Barber retired... BJ and AB did well for us but DW might just be a game changing RB.