SportsWrath

Welcome Reuben Randle

Guest StrahansGap

26 prospects guaranteed to go in the first round were invited to sit in the Green Room so that they could walk across the stage and hold up a jersey of their new team. One of those was Randle who was the only kid left in the green room when he finally was picked with the last pick of the second round.

“I think it adds a little chip to my shoulder, but not much because I’m going to come in and work no matter what the situation was,’’ Randle said. “But I have a lot to prove since I did drop so far.’’ (
New York Post
)

I love it when a stud player gets motivated because other teams bypassed him. This usually brings out the best in a player.

I'm pumped guys. I'm defense first when it comes to the draft but it looks like the Giants took two good talents in positions of need that could contribute immediately. For better or worse the league has changed and the emphasis is on being able to put up points and having the ability to do it quick. I thought the Giants would bring in a veteran to help out with the #3 WR spot but it looks like they may have ended up doing better. Randle is a big receiver and was able to excel in THE conference of college football with spotty quarterback play. Great value.

I'm pumped guys. I'm defense first when it comes to the draft but it looks like the Giants took two good talents in positions of need that could contribute immediately. For better or worse the league has changed and the emphasis is on being able to put up points and having the ability to do it quick. I thought the Giants would bring in a veteran to help out with the #3 WR spot but it looks like they may have ended up doing better. Randle is a big receiver and was able to excel in THE conference of college football with spotty quarterback play. Great value.

I'm pumped as well. I've never seen the Giants so focused on offense this early. I read some time ago that Eli told TC he could do more if given the right pieces of the puzzle to make him excel. Maybe they took it to heart because they sure are giving Eli the toys he wanted for Christmas.

I think it also means the front office is comfortable that our defense is solid and that it doesn't need any major fixes.

Interesting that Randle is a Louisiana boy as he should hit if off well with Eli who hails from the region. Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants took Ladarius Green (TE our of Louisiana-Lafayette) as he has the tools of a potential great TE...and of course, there is that Louisiana connection between him and Eli.

That's where we disagree, and it's a moot point now anyway, because Green is off the board. I watched a fair amount of game film on Green and came away thoroughly unimpressed. He has A LOT to work on. He is fast, has a nice 40-time, but that's not going to cut it in the NFL. He plays small, doesn't have great hands, and lets smaller DB's muscle him. He's a major project and he might never put it all together. I think the Chargers reached big time taking him in the 4th, I don't rate him any higher than a 6th round prospect.

Jarius Wright just off the board.