SportsWrath

Bradshaws sitting out of mini-camp/OTAs

BlueInCanada

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8280784b/article/giants-bradshaw-had-bone-marrow-injected-in-foot?module=HP11_headline_stack

New York Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw will not take part in mini-camp or organized team activities this offseason after having bone marrow from his hip injected into his ailing foot, the New York Post reported Monday.

According to the Post, the procedure requires three months of recovery time.

Bradshaw spent much of the past season dealing with a cracked bone in his right foot. He told the New York Daily News that while he is able to run, he wants to hold off on doing that as much as he can. He also said that he's been working out in Miami.

Reuter: NFC East draft needs

c_reuter_12016_65x90.jpg

How do you improve a champ?
Chad Reuter
says the Giants have many needs to address -- just like their division foes.

Before the Giants faced the Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI, Bradshaw said he didn't want surgery this offseason. However, he did end up having a minimally invasive medical procedure done in late March, according to the Daily News, that involved having a substance known as Mini IGNITE injected into his right foot.

The five-year veteran has dealt with foot injuries since after the 2010 season. He had surgery on his left ankle in February 2011, then had to play through the injury to his other foot this past season.

In 2011, Bradshaw and running back Brandon Jacobs roughly split the team's carries, with Bradshaw totaling 171 rushing attempts and Jacobs tallying 152. But Jacobs was recently released by the team and signed with the San Francisco 49ers. Backup Andre Brown will have to miss the first four games of the 2012 season due to a suspension for violating the league's ban on performance enhancing substances.

Bradshaw told the Daily News that he thinks he can take on more carries next season, and that he'll miss Jacobs but doesn't see the need for the team to acquire an additional back.

"I am not sure who they will bring in," Bradshaw told the Daily News. "Hopefully nobody."

Gotta let that footy heal Bradshaw, your going to be carrying alot more if we dont find a replacement for Jacobs.

I actually think this is sort of a win-win.

Bradshaw gets to stay fresher during the regular season.

Younger/less experienced RBs get to really showcase their talents in camp and the preseason.

Good point. Hopefully all we hear out of camp is how impressive Scott is.

We still need to add depth to the position with Jacobs leaving. Bradshaw will certainly take on a bigger role, but his durability will definitely be questioned and challenged given his past history.

We still have Scott & Ware... + the draft. The Giants plan ahead which is why our pix are never sexy like someone put it... Odds on we're planning on losing Diehl in a year or two. I think we're in good hands overall... drafting a RB, TE, OT and WR will keep us going strong.

We still have Scott & Ware... + the draft. The Giants plan ahead which is why our pix are never sexy like someone put it... Odds on we're planning on losing Diehl in a year or two. I think we're in good hands overall... drafting a RB, TE, OT and WR will keep us going strong.

Scott I'll give you. Ware could get cut in the next 5 minutes and I'd be perfectly okay with that. We do plan ahead, but I guess what we all hope for is not simply planning to replace guys when they age, but having contingency plans to back up our regular plans as well, to ward against injuries/to ward against draft pick busts/to upgrade the guys we already have.

Scott I'll give you. Ware could get cut in the next 5 minutes and I'd be perfectly okay with that. We do plan ahead, but I guess what we all hope for is not simply planning to replace guys when they age, but having contingency plans to back up our regular plans as well, to ward against injuries/to ward against draft pick busts/to upgrade the guys we already have.

Agreed... Ware is not flashy or dominant but I can't say he sucks either.. he was a 3rd stringer for a reason... and a healthy ware is better than an old BJ. I see us going with Bradshaw backed by Scott and Ware remaining where he is unless another RB steps up. And what good is a RB if your OL can't move people out of the way... we saw a huge drop after O'Hara went down due to injury and I'm not sold on Baas.. maybe they need time to jell maybe he's just not an O'Hara... which is why I will be happy with a 1st round OT.

It's time to draft someone to take Bradshaw's place in the near future. Maybe Scott is the answer....I saw some preseason flash, but regular season fumbles, so I'm not the cheerleader I used to be.

Bradshaw's feet are shot.

Reese let Jacobs stroll over to the 49ers for 500k......that might be a decision he regrets this season.

Agreed... Ware is not flashy or dominant but I can't say he sucks either.. he was a 3rd stringer for a reason... and a healthy ware is better than an old BJ. I see us going with Bradshaw backed by Scott and Ware remaining where he is unless another RB steps up. And what good is a RB if your OL can't move people out of the way... we saw a huge drop after O'Hara went down due to injury and I'm not sold on Baas.. maybe they need time to jell maybe he's just not an O'Hara... which is why I will be happy with a 1st round OT.

No question the Oline needs help. Brewer will be entering his 2nd year and Beatty will return with Diehl being in the mix as well. There are certainly some question marks there. Baas played better later in the season I thought. Petrus and Snee work well as far as I'm concerned at guard. So depth is a need and so is quality of play. I think part of what made O'Hara so good was continuity. It was the same group along the Oline for quite some time. That helps I think, more than a lot of other individual stats.

It's time to draft someone to take Bradshaw's place in the near future. Maybe Scott is the answer....I saw some preseason flash, but regular season fumbles, so I'm not the cheerleader I used to be.

Reese let Jacobs stroll over to the 49ers for 500k......that might be a decision he regrets this season.

Bradshaw taking more carries, offseason participation or not, is a huge concern for most Giants fans I'd think. Scott/Ware/draft pick behind them is a little sketchy I think, but then again, in an ever passing-friendly league...we could be ahead of the curve in putting lesser demand on the RB position.

one thing is for sure, if bradshaw goes down for a while i would not be comfortable with ware/scott being our rushing attack.

i hope we add a vet or draft someone earlier than later.

If Bradshaw does go down for a number of games, I honestly can't say who'd I have more faith in: Ware, Scott, or a draft pick.

Scott had one fumble, Joe... ONE.

BJ could have stayed if he wanted to... he was old... slow.. and couldn't get us 1st down on a 3rd and inches if his life depended on it. We'll regret it as much as we'll regret not resigning Plax.

I don't want a back in the first, I am hoping for Bernard Pierce in round three, DJ Ware has got to be the worst RB in the NFL and not's even close. I do like Scott though and we should be fine with Scott and Pierce for the future, if that were too happen.

Scott had one fumble, Joe... ONE.

BJ could have stayed if he wanted to... he was old... slow.. and couldn't get us 1st down on a 3rd and inches if his life depended on it. We'll regret it as much as we'll regret not resigning Plax.

ya but he had what, 5 touches all season? It could go either way...

Ware isn't sexy, but hes solid. Dude protects Eli, runs hard, has good hands and protects the football very well. Pretty nice way to make a living.

Scott has potential.

RB isn't an extreme need, but it's certainly a need. I'd be down with Lamar Miller at 32 even though it's not an extreme need IMO.