SportsWrath

Steve Smith to Rams

gmenroc

I feel bad for him... If it wasn't for his injury, he would be here lifting his second SB trophy. I wish him all the best.

I dunno, Nem, his contract was still up and we didn't match the Eagles relatively meager offer as it was...if he was healthy, I doubt we would have matched what more than likely would have been a bigger contract....

I dunno, Nem, his contract was still up and we didn't match the Eagles relatively meager offer as it was...if he was healthy, I doubt we would have matched what more than likely would have been a bigger contract....

If the Giants are to be believed they offered him good contracts but he wanted to wait it out. Gets hurt and now is going downhill. He hurt his knee again last year.

If the Giants are to be believed they offered him good contracts but he wanted to wait it out. Gets hurt and now is going downhill. He hurt his knee again last year.

Ya, there's a bunch of he said, she said, bullshit with that incident, the Giants claim they tried to make him one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL, mid season I think, but I don't believe that for a second....Steve Smith said that if they had offered him anywhere close to the Eagles offer, he would have taken it.

And if what the GIants say is true, then Smith is an idiot for turning down that kind of money when he isn't even close to being a top WR talent in the league....maybe top 5 slot guys, but I don't know about even that, anymore.

Ya, there's a bunch of he said, she said, bullshit with that incident, the Giants claim they tried to make him one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL, mid season I think, but I don't believe that for a second....Steve Smith said that if they had offered him anywhere close to the Eagles offer, he would have taken it.

And if what the GIants say is true, then Smith is an idiot for turning down that kind of money when he isn't even close to being a top WR talent in the league....maybe top 5 slot guys, but I don't know about even that, anymore.

I think though this was before he was injured. Once he was injured I do believe the Giants low balled him. It's a tough business but I do think the Giants do a good job at properly paying talent. Now if the Giants could do better in FA that'd be great.

I think though this was before he was injured. Once he was injured I do believe the Giants low balled him. It's a tough business but I do think the Giants do a good job at properly paying talent. Now if the Giants could do better in FA that'd be great.

Also; this.