SportsWrath

Crazy FA Predictions

hlb37

Kinda funny that a lot of the FA projections I've seen recently are former Giants players coming back.

I've seen Shiancoe and Shockey mentioned as FA TEs to fill the Ballard/other guy injuries.

I've seen Ryan Grant thrown out there as a Jacobs replacement.

I've seen Steve Smith and Plaxico Burress thrown out there as a Manningham replacement.

I don't see Shockey or Burress coming back. Though transgressions may be forgiven, I don't know that the burned bridges are totally rebuilt for these guys.

Ryan Grant seems to want starter money, but he's clearly not in the top group of running backs in FA and he MIGHT want to head to a team that focuses on running the ball a little more than what GB does.

Steve Smith seems to be the one that I'd be most interested in as a Giants fan. He'd clearly need to accept that he'd be fighting for the the 3rd WR role with Barden, Hixon, and Jernigan. He'd also need to accept to be paid as such. I actually feel bad for the guy. He made some poor decisions coming back from injury far too quickly and leaving what was a good situation with the Giants. I think that he's paid for those poor decisions by not having the 2nd SB ring he could have had. Might be reason enough for him to return. Then again, humility doesn't run all that rampant in the NFL and he may find an opportunity elsewhere.

Steve Smith seems to be the one that I'd be most interested in as a Giants fan. He'd clearly need to accept that he'd be fighting for the the 3rd WR role with Barden, Hixon, and Jernigan. He'd also need to accept to be paid as such. I actually feel bad for the guy. He made some poor decisions coming back from injury far too quickly and leaving what was a good situation with the Giants. I think that he's paid for those poor decisions by not having the 2nd SB ring he could have had. Might be reason enough for him to return. Then again, humility doesn't run all that rampant in the NFL and he may find an opportunity elsewhere.

With all that said.....................HAHAHAHAHA!!! You dumbass Smith, how does it feel to not have that 2nd SB ring??

Im sorry, I feel nothing for this idiot.He knew what he was doing, and he thought he was a smart guy. Screw you Smith, this is one guy I hope we do NOT get back.

With all that said.....................HAHAHAHAHA!!! You dumbass Smith, how does it feel to not have that 2nd SB ring??

Im sorry, I feel nothing for this idiot.He knew what he was doing, and he thought he was a smart guy. Screw you Smith, this is one guy I hope we do NOT get back.

Not saying it'll happen. That said, I try not to hold grudges. If he makes a humble return, especially contract-wise, than I think he's paid his dues for the mistake he made. Not to mention, if he can return to his former self, he'd be a nice 3rd WR. I remember the year he made all the 3rd down catches for 1st downs all too well.

Guys like Tiki, who burned his bridges, and even from the other shore continued to torch any relationship he had...that, I'll hold a grudge against. But if Tiki would admit to being an idiot and admit to making a poor choice by leaving when he did...than I'd be forgiving of him too. This, I don't see happening.

Not saying it'll happen. That said, I try not to hold grudges. If he makes a humble return, especially contract-wise, than I think he's paid his dues for the mistake he made. Not to mention, if he can return to his former self, he'd be a nice 3rd WR. I remember the year he made all the 3rd down catches for 1st downs all too well.

Guys like Tiki, who burned his bridges, and even from the other shore continued to torch any relationship he had...that, I'll hold a grudge against. But if Tiki would admit to being an idiot and admit to making a poor choice by leaving when he did...than I'd be forgiving of him too. This, I don't see happening.

I dont see a whole lot of difference between Tiki and smith. Tiki just wasnt afraid to vocalize his thoughts. As much as we didnt wanna hear it, Eli WAS comical at hi attempt of leadership at 1st. Eli has since become a great leader, and Tiki has mentioned that.

Giants fans in general have never had a history of letting anything go.

I dont see a whole lot of difference between Tiki and smith. Tiki just wasnt afraid to vocalize his thoughts. As much as we didnt wanna hear it, Eli WAS comical at hi attempt of leadership at 1st. Eli has since become a great leader, and Tiki has mentioned that.

At the end of the day, forgiving Smith for going after a larger contract is much easier than forgiving Tiki for being a malcontent.

I agree that Eli's attempts at leadership may have been comical, but you can't vocalize that. You fall in line behind him and support him. You don't mock him and essentially divide a locker room.

At the end of the day, forgiving Smith for going after a larger contract is much easier than forgiving Tiki for being a malcontent.

I agree that Eli's attempts at leadership may have been comical, but you can't vocalize that. You fall in line behind him and support him. You don't mock him and essentially divide a locker room.

Not when you go to the friggin eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

He divided a locker room that he wasnt even in??? Howd he do that? See, Im from a different mold. If you have something to say, you say it. Especially if youre asked, just as Tiki was.

Not when you go to the friggin eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

He divided a locker room that he wasnt even in??? Howd he do that? See, Im from a different mold. If you have something to say, you say it. Especially if youre asked, just as Tiki was.

I really think division rivals are overstated by talking heads/fans and are really not the dire enemies they once were. If a Giants player was in Philly for a game, I'd think it probable that they might go out for a beer after the game if they developed a friendship with a player from the Eagles. I don't know that that would have happened in years past.

My references to Tiki being a malcontent and dividing a locker room would date back to when he was still playing, just as his original questioning of Eli's leadership would have.

To be fair.. he got $4,000,000 from the Eagles compared to what the Giants would have offered him? I think the only loser in this equation is the Eagles. Smith did what was financially sound... he's $4M richer and is a healthy free agent

To be fair.. he got $4,000,000 from the Eagles compared to what the Giants would have offered him? I think the only loser in this equation is the Eagles. Smith did what was financially sound... he's $4M richer and is a healthy free agent

Exactly, I don't fault Smith for this. I would've liked Smith to sign the long term deal offered him the year prior to his signing with the Eagles, but once he got hurt, I can't fault him for taking what he could in Philly. And because he didn't do much in Philly, whether due to their system, his lingering injury, or his inability to work in that system...he should be on the market for cheap, which is why I think we might want to at least give him a look.

Exactly, I don't fault Smith for this. I would've liked Smith to sign the long term deal offered him the year prior to his signing with the Eagles, but once he got hurt, I can't fault him for taking what he could in Philly. And because he didn't do much in Philly, whether due to their system, his lingering injury, or his inability to work in that system...he should be on the market for cheap, which is why I think we might want to at least give him a look.

I'm not mad at Smith... Regardless of what was said and even what he said.. he never looked comfortable wearing green. Him, Nicks and Cruz would be easily the best WR corp in the league. Of course I'm aware of our cap situation but I can easily see Canty and Rolle being cut.. yes they're good players but we're paying them wayyyy too much imo.

Lol I hope you were kidding!

It was a question.. personally I want us to draft a stud and get a Vet on the cheap... I don't see why not Shockey.. it's a business and thanks to him we got some good draft picks from the saints

It was a question.. personally I want us to draft a stud and get a Vet on the cheap... I don't see why not Shockey.. it's a business and thanks to

him we got some good draft picks from the saints

Wow I guess you didn't hear what Toomer had to say about Shockey?

There's not a chance this happens. Plax and Tiki have a better shot at coming back, same with Strahan and Steve Smith coming back as a RB.

Nas and gmenroc...............................FUCK MONEY.......ITS ALL ABOUT STAYING IN BLUE....FUCK THE REST.

:P

Yea but he was on the bench mostly... Besides we sent him on a scouting mission ;)

Vishante Shiancoe will return to the Giants this year

He just might...when we let him go he was the First Coming of Beckum and now he is a decent TE. But I would scream if they took that shit bag Shockey back...I would rather have Burress (and I no longer want him either) than Shockey.

I'm not mad at Smith... Regardless of what was said and even what he said.. he never looked comfortable wearing green. Him, Nicks and Cruz would be easily the best WR corp in the league. Of course I'm aware of our cap situation but I can easily see Canty and Rolle being cut.. yes they're good players but we're paying them wayyyy too much imo.

Rolle's flexibility helped tremendously last year, going man coverage and then playing safety as well. His price tag is steep though. Canty is steep too, and I take more of an issue here because you just don't see the value. With Rolle, while his tag is high, it's just that you have an easier time justifying it. I'd love to see one or both of them restructure so as to create room for rookies, Goff, and T2

Rolle's flexibility helped tremendously last year, going man coverage and then playing safety as well. His price tag is steep though. Canty is steep too, and I take more of an issue here because you just don't see the value. With Rolle, while his tag is high, it's just that you have an easier time justifying it. I'd love to see one or both of them restructure so as to create room for rookies, Goff, and T2

I think Rolle's roll is a bit over-hyped or over-stated. I don't think he's a top 5 safety in the league and his salary is out of this world and is handicapping the team from signing quality guys like Tolly and Blackburn in back up roles. We don't need a team full of super stars imo... I want blue collar team players.