SportsWrath

Kurt Warner says Eli Manning is not a Hall of Fame player

Nas

But I guess it would sound pretty silly if you were still on Fewell when his defense gave up 14 ppg when it mattered, so it's a good time to flip flop.

Because seriously, the individual play of this team was questioned numerous times, especially during glaring games like the Eagles and Saints losses....but no one heard you mention anything but Fewell. I'm simply saying it's strange that your opinion changed so fast with a SB win.

Oh god... why don't get your head out of your ass... so let me simplify my feelings on Fewel for you:

3 man rush: Fire his ass

Great Defense: Ok he got his head out of his ass, he can stay.

Oh god... why don't get your head out of your ass... so let me simplify my feelings on Fewel for you:

3 man rush: Fire his ass

Great Defense: Ok he got his head out of his ass, he can stay.

but now it's the players. i get it.

'let's not let winning blind us in our assessment of our players."

like I said, this is coming from the guy who constantly claimed that since 60%+ of the defense was highly scouted and drafted...that he refused to believe that talent is the problem. Now you think "us" ("let's") suffered from the same flawed logic that you did.

'let's not let winning blind us in our assessment of our players."

like I said, this is coming from the guy who constantly claimed that since 60%+ of the defense was highly scouted and drafted...that he refused to believe that talent is the problem. Now you think "us" ("let's") suffered from the same flawed logic that you did.

wtf is your problem storm? Did you have a dream about me cheering for the cowboys or something? What fight are you trying to pick because I sure ain't interested.

I'm simply trying to follow the thought process here.

Sure... for the first say... 10 games or so of the season Fewel's defense played like shit.. I blamed him. Then later on it started playing better... I backed off calling for his head. In both cases I was right.

I see both sides here. Was Fewell a little stubborn and a little slow to simplify the system for the benefit of less experienced players? Maybe.....but you cannot overlook the possibility that it took time for the inexpereinced players to get coached up and better prepared for the games.

Coaches and expereince DO make players better but it takes time. Look at Ross, for instance - he got better as the year went on and I don't think it was soley due to simplifying the system. Also early in the season, you had Osi out, Boley out and then replacements, like Paysinger and Herzlich went out! Same thing happened with the Dbacks, when guys like Coe, who was a sub for a sub, went out. You don't just take the "next man up" and expect him to play at the same level right away.

Sure... for the first say... 10 games or so of the season Fewel's defense played like shit.. I blamed him. Then later on it started playing better... I backed off calling for his head. In both cases I was right.

That's what I was trying to tell you like 10 games ago! The defense was playing like shit, but it wasn't simply Fewell.

That's what I was trying to tell you like 10 games ago! The defense was playing like shit, but it wasn't simply Fewell.

He's the fucking defensive coordinator... it's his job to get them to play... and when he did I got off his ass.

:o .....why you muddha fuggha............

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Dave Brown: Well I threw the pass....its his (WR, TE, RB) job to catch it....and he should have caught it....even though it was spiraling like a dead duck.....that didn't happen while I was at Duke...so its their fault....not mine.... :russian-roulette2:

Yeah that Dave Brown. :puke:

He's the fucking defensive coordinator... it's his job to get them to play... and when he did I got off his ass.

Justin Tuck played half a season healthy, other players were injured and banged up until the end of the season, we lost our best starting CB for the season before it even started, and for MANY weeks JPP was the only defensive player worth a damn. And NOW is when you figure out it's time to reassess the players and lighten up on Fewell? Good grief.

The players have millions of dollars of reasons to play, it's not his JOB to get them to play. It's his job to install a defensive system.