SportsWrath

Kurt Warner says Eli Manning is not a Hall of Fame player

Nas

Looks like Kurt is highlighting his own career stats by pointing out those in which he surpasses Eli.

Not very xtian of him.

GOD Bless you....Kurt methinks has feet of clay... :smartass: Settle back down in Bible study class there Kurt and reread the Gospel of Matthew.... :)

If you want to cite 7-7, that's fine. But then consider 6 4th quarter victories; and do the math: 3-7 over the entire season for those other games.

And remember, we were 1 tipped int in the red zone against the 49'ers from possibly being 10-6, and Eli having 7 come from behind victories. I don't need to mention that Green Bay game.

No defense for most of the season, mediocre rushing, a negative point differential--how did it get done? That kind of impact over a season is Peyton Manning level--there's really no ifs about it.

At the begining of the season, his rep was so bad (despite the reality) that he was laughed at when he said he was elite. That's not going to happen next season.

2 SB MVPs (and the corresponding wins against a definite HOF'er and his HOF coach, no less), a few more years at this level of play to add to some already respectable stats and god willing another SB, now with positive press--Farve is going in on less, if you think about it. League MVP, sure; but I wouldn't consider that impossible for Eli in the future, either. He was right up there this season.

Gut proves once again that we are twins.... :) I agree with everything he wrote.

Dallas? Wasn't that the Denver game aka... The Final Game Wellington Mara saw?

I thought Barber scored the winning TD in that Dallas game.

Youre right. The back peddling throw to Toomer was his 2nd yr against Denver. In the dallas game in his 1st yr, he called an audible at the line and handed the ball to Tiki for the winning score.

Dallas? Wasn't that the Denver game aka... The Final Game Wellington Mara saw?

I thought Barber scored the winning TD in that Dallas game.

I stand corrected. I didn't discount double check it before I posted. My point was though, that he has been at his best at the end of games from early on in his career. It's like you watch a game, and you can feel the team give up. Things look grim. You think to yourself "he we go again" with flashbacks to years when the Gmen weren't so good. "Ah, typical Gmen" you think. Then, out of nowhere, BOOM, Eli comes up with some amazing 'Joe Montana WTF' moment and all of a sudden, he pulls it out. The W's are great, but his stats suffer for it.

I stand corrected. I didn't discount double check it before I posted. My point was though, that he has been at his best at the end of games from early on in his career. It's like you watch a game, and you can feel the team give up. Things look grim. You think to yourself "he we go again" with flashbacks to years when the Gmen weren't so good. "Ah, typical Gmen" you think. Then, out of nowhere, BOOM, Eli comes up with some amazing 'Joe Montana WTF' moment and all of a sudden, he pulls it out. The W's are great, but his stats suffer for it.

So Rik, how come you dont get a barrage of insults for getting something wrong? lol

Warner is trying too hard to having an edge as a tv guy these days, but he has a point here. Eli is one season away from throwing more interceptions than anyone. However, this could be the turn in his career where all the bad Eli goes away. Hopefully.

Warner is trying too hard to having an edge as a tv guy these days, but he has a point here. Eli is one season away from throwing more interceptions than anyone. However, this could be the turn in his career where all the bad Eli goes away. Hopefully.

What are you referring to?

-Z

Hey asshole.. better check your shit before posting. :rules:

So Rik, how come you dont get a barrage of insults for getting something wrong? lol

Pay attention :angry:

1. This is quite the turnaround post for a guy who blamed Perry Fewell ALL season for the defenses woes....now here you are claiming everyone ELSE needs to reassess the play of our players! I've said that from day one and all I was met with from you was "Fewell!!!!". Luckily, the players and Fewell both pulled it together in time...

2. Kurt Warner is an idiot.

1. This is quite the turnaround post for a guy who blamed Perry Fewell ALL season for the defenses woes....now here you are claiming everyone ELSE needs to reassess the play of our players! I've said that from day one and all I was met with from you was "Fewell!!!!". Luckily, the players and Fewell both pulled it together in time...

2. Kurt Warner is an idiot.

Um... Fewel sucked balls for the majority of the season... I called for his head when he had it up his ass... Now that he got his act together, you're saying I as wrong for blaming him for laying eggs to the Rex Gorssmans? smh

Um... Fewel sucked balls for the majority of the season... I called for his head when he had it up his ass... Now that he got his act together, you're saying I as wrong for blaming him for laying eggs to the Rex Gorssmans? smh

i'm saying that you blamed him all season but now it's the talent we should have been evaluating....flip-flop.

Youre right. The back peddling throw to Toomer was his 2nd yr against Denver. In the dallas game in his 1st yr, he called an audible at the line and handed the ball to Tiki for the winning score.

I was at both of those games. Awesome memories. The Dallas game was his first professional win I believe. It's really remarkable how far he has come even from the regular season of '07. Like "I almost can't believe it even though I'm watching it happen" kind of development. If you looked at the performance of Eli, Rivers, and Ben up to the '07 playoffs, you could legitimately argue that perhaps the Giants had the short end of the stick at the time. Look at it now. Despite the two rings and three Super Bowl appearances overall, Roethlisberger has proven himself to be quite the derelict off the field and Rivers is following a career path of his predecessor Fouts. Putting up plenty of excellent statistics and showing good ability, but unable to put everything together with his team and finish the job. I used to discuss with my friends how ho-hum Eli would be after some seriously bad losses and wonder what his deal was. It turned out to be his greatest attribute. New York would have eaten a lot of other quartertbacks in his position alive. He's humble, tough as shit, works his ass off and handles being the face of the franchise with class and dignity. I'm really happy for him he deserves it. He definitely made many people(including myself early at times) shovel the shit and love it. As for the Hall of Fame? I think all Eli has to do is finish out his career. 4-5 good years of 3500-4000 yds and 25-30 tds and perhaps a year or two after that of effective play for good measure.

I was at both of those games. Awesome memories. The Dallas game was his first professional win I believe. It's really remarkable how far he has come even from the regular season of '07. Like "I almost can't believe it even though I'm watching it happen" kind of development. If you looked at the performance of Eli, Rivers, and Ben up to the '07 playoffs, you could legitimately argue that perhaps the Giants had the short end of the stick at the time. Look at it now. Despite the two rings and three Super Bowl appearances overall, Roethlisberger has proven himself to be quite the derelict off the field and Rivers is following a career path of his predecessor Fouts. Putting up plenty of excellent statistics and showing good ability, but unable to put everything together with his team and finish the job. I used to discuss with my friends how ho-hum Eli would be after some seriously bad losses and wonder what his deal was. It turned out to be his greatest attribute. New York would have eaten a lot of other quartertbacks in his position alive. He's humble, tough as shit, works his ass off and handles being the face of the franchise with class and dignity. I'm really happy for him he deserves it. He definitely made many people(including myself early at times) shovel the shit and love it. As for the Hall of Fame? I think all Eli has to do is finish out his career. 4-5 good years of 3500-4000 yds and 25-30 tds and perhaps a year or two after that of effective play for good measure.

Youre right, that final season game vs dallas was his 1st professional win. And I couldnt agree more.....the attribute many use to make fun of Eli, is what actually helped him overcome all of his mishaps and continue growing as a QB, his never panic attitude. you need that playing in the Big Apple. Im VERY glad Eli refused to play in S.D........:)

And yes, as long as his final years arent spent just tanking it completely, he's gonna be a lock for the hall. I think even if he amasses only 3,000 yds and 20-25 TDs for the next 5-6 yrs, hes still going in.

I agree with most of this except Rivers isn't anything close to the player Fouts was. Fouts was having 4,000 yard seasons when good QBs were getting 3,000. His problem was a complete lack of defense.

The Charger teams Rivers has had were much better all-around teams than anything Fouts had to deal with. Having Tomlinson at his peak was advantage enough. There's no comparison at all with the defenses.

Both Eli and Roethlisberger would have had trophies with that team.

i'm saying that you blamed him all season but now it's the talent we should have been evaluating....flip-flop.

No.. and don't do your best to miss the point. Fewel made changes... and it showed... Players play but his coaching/game planning was atrocious. It maybe true that I became the voice to call for his head early on because I started identifying his fuck ups early on. And I was right all along... now that the guy has gotten his head out of his ass you're calling me out for not continuing to call for his head? smh

Perfectly said :WS::clap:

I agree with most of this except Rivers isn't anything close to the player Fouts was. Fouts was having 4,000 yard seasons when good QBs were getting 3,000. His problem was a complete lack of defense.

The Charger teams Rivers has had were much better all-around teams than anything Fouts had to deal with. Having Tomlinson at his peak was advantage enough. There's no comparison at all with the defenses.

Both Eli and Roethlisberger would have had trophies with that team.

That's fair. It's before my time so I was just trying to compare the paths because they both played for the Chargers.

No.. and don't do your best to miss the point. Fewel made changes... and it showed... Players play but his coaching/game planning was atrocious. It maybe true that I became the voice to call for his head early on because I started identifying his fuck ups early on. And I was right all along... now that the guy has gotten his head out of his ass you're calling me out for not continuing to call for his head? smh

but now you're talking about reevaluating what we have on this team, player-wise. After it was never the players for you, ALL season.. And I'm missing the point.

But I guess it would sound pretty silly if you were still on Fewell when his defense gave up 14 ppg when it mattered, so it's a good time to flip flop.

Because seriously, the individual play of this team was questioned numerous times, especially during glaring games like the Eagles and Saints losses....but no one heard you mention anything but Fewell. I'm simply saying it's strange that your opinion changed so fast with a SB win.