SportsWrath

Kurt Warner says Eli Manning is not a Hall of Fame player

Nas

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/kurt-warner-eli-manning-a-hall-fame-player-super-bowl-rings-article-1.1019220

I think Kurt makes a pretty good argument. Eli was great this season indeed. In the euphoria of winning another SB, maybe we need to take a step back and realize the team in general was 7-7 at one point... let's not let winning blind us in our assessment of our players.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1019220

I think Kurt makes a pretty good argument. Eli was great this season indeed. In the euphoria of winning another SB, maybe we need to take a step back and realize the team in general was 7-7 at one point... let's not let winning blind us in our assessment of our players.

7-7 highly injured and playing the toughest schedule in football. When we got healthy again, and our backups gelled.....we went on to become champs.

Kurt, youre cool and all....but shut it.

7-7 highly injured and playing the toughest schedule in football. When we got healthy again, and our backups gelled.....we went on to become champs.

The tough schedule argument can be made if 2 of our losses weren't to the Rexmans.. I mean Redskins.

Guest StrahansGap

Eli has more wins than Kurt. He's also won more Super Bowls, been more healthy, and has a wife that was never once a man.

If Eli's not a Hall of Famer than Kurt isn't either.

Lol!!! By the way, Kurt Warner has said before that HE himself deserves to be in the hall. Eli has two rings and Warner has one. Warner is still bitter about getting the ole heave ho from big blue. Fuck him and his dyke wife.

Eli has more wins than Kurt. He's also won more Super Bowls, been more healthy, and has a wife that was never once a man.

If Eli's not a Hall of Famer than Kurt isn't either.

Remember that dude 'kurtwarnersthumb' or something like that on the GMB? I swear that has to be one of the resident Eli haters here. I wish I had magical powers over there so I could check.

Lol!!! By the way, Kurt Warner has said before that HE himself deserves to be in the hall. Eli has two rings and Warner has one. Warner is still bitter about getting the ole heave ho from big blue. Fuck him and his dyke wife.

I don't think he has any bad feelings... I think his opinion has some merit to it.. in the sense that Eli has played at an Elite level this season. Don't take me wrong I think Eli is a great QB.. but we're biased because we're fans.

Well, there's nothing wrong with having that opinion, but the arguments supporting it can be wrong. Nas, you gave this season as an example, citing 7-7. Eli was not the reason we lost 7 games. He was about the only reason we didn't lose 10 or more, however. You look at this season, there was no running game to support the offense for much of the year, and half the season, we couldn't stop the opposing team from running it down our throats. Victor Cruz started the year not quite sure he knew exactly what he was supposed to be doing. You have undrafted guys like Hynoski and Ballard playing crucial roles, not to mention, these guys aren't exactly veterans. The O-line was WILDLY inconsistent. Eli held this thing together with duct tape and thumb tacks. You look at the players on this team, they go other places and aren't as good. You hear Ballard and Cruz talk about how much they listened to Eli and worked with him, how he made them get better... that's not by accident.

You want to talk about Eli pre-2007 Super Bowl run as evidence that he's not a HOF'er quite yet, fine. But don't give me this year. 2 rings in 2 years, 2 SB MVP's, he may not be a stone cold lock yet, but he's close. I've seen Eli improve every season, even last year, with the picks, he still was making a ton of plays and the team went 10-6. Three straight years of 4,000 yards passing, this year, almost 5,000 yards. Kerry Collins and Phil Simms each had only 1 season where they eclipsed 4,000 yards, that's it for Giants' QB's not named Eli.QB's rarely do that. He's 9-3 in the playoffs. He has 8 years in the NFL, and he has 6 of the top 10 Giants passing TD seasons. Already, he's 15th in NFL history for his career in 4th quarter comebacks, we all know about the records he's set this year. In 3 years he'll have about 40,000 passing yards, putting him in the neighborhood of Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas. He will probably be in the top 5 when his career is over. Probably in TD passes as well. You can get in the HOF without the rings. But when you're a multiple Super Bowl winner as a QB, you're getting in the Hall, it's that simple. Out of eligible QB's with multiple rings, only Plunkett is in the Hall. The others: Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman, Elway, Griese, Staubach, Starr. Roethlisberger and Brady are the only other active QB's with multiple rings, and they are both expected to go in, although off the field stuff could give Big Ben a little trouble. He has never missed a start. That also counts for a lot, because that means he has elite toughness. He knocked off a 18-0 team in the Super Bowl, one of the most epic wins in the history of the game. He's never had a losing season as a full-time starter.

I don't know what else he has to prove, apparently this is it. And he's only half-way in to his career.

Two SB rings, two SB MVP. That will get you close to the HoF. But Eli still has time and more seasons to go. I can't believe I'll one day tell my kids that I have watched Eli Mannings whole career and he's the calmest QB I ever seen.

Warner dose have some point and he's not one of those guys that would give stupid Bias remarks. Again Eli has more to give. And I can't wait to draft him next season in fantasy in the mid-late rounds.

Isn't it a bit too soon to be talking HOF? I mean seriously, the kid's got a lot more years ahead of him. Eli's problem has been consistency, except in 1 category: Clutch. I remember that Dallas game in his first season, with him back peddling and throwing the game winner. He's always been better at the end of a game. Unfortunately, that doesn't rack up stats, but it does rack up wins and I'll take that over #'s any day.

Isn't it a bit too soon to be talking HOF? I mean seriously, the kid's got a lot more years ahead of him. Eli's problem has been consistency, except in 1 category: Clutch. I remember that Dallas game in his first season, with him back peddling and throwing the game winner. He's always been better at the end of a game. Unfortunately, that doesn't rack up stats, but it does rack up wins and I'll take that over #'s any day.

Dallas? Wasn't that the Denver game aka... The Final Game Wellington Mara saw?

I thought Barber scored the winning TD in that Dallas game.

If you want to cite 7-7, that's fine. But then consider 6 4th quarter victories; and do the math: 3-7 over the entire season for those other games.

And remember, we were 1 tipped int in the red zone against the 49'ers from possibly being 10-6, and Eli having 7 come from behind victories. I don't need to mention that Green Bay game.

No defense for most of the season, mediocre rushing, a negative point differential--how did it get done? That kind of impact over a season is Peyton Manning level--there's really no ifs about it.

At the begining of the season, his rep was so bad (despite the reality) that he was laughed at when he said he was elite. That's not going to happen next season.

2 SB MVPs (and the corresponding wins against a definite HOF'er and his HOF coach, no less), a few more years at this level of play to add to some already respectable stats and god willing another SB, now with positive press--Farve is going in on less, if you think about it. League MVP, sure; but I wouldn't consider that impossible for Eli in the future, either. He was right up there this season.

Dallas? Wasn't that the Denver game aka... The Final Game Wellington Mara saw?

I thought Barber scored the winning TD in that Dallas game.

As I recall he back-peddaled and threw a laser to Amani Toomer in the back of the end zone.

Jim: I'm not disagreeing but like Rik said this is all pre-mature. Eli's years are ahead of him. And I respect Warner enough to at least consider what he's saying.. he's no hater.

Eli really does get no respect. He's like the Dangerfield of the NFL. When Brees throws 2 more TDs and 3 less INTs, in a dome no less, he's a top 5 QB but Eli doesn't make the top 100 player list. Eli has to play in arguably the toughest division in football, IMHO, in an open-air stadium in freezing cold temperatures and swirling winds. Last year had street walk on WRs and rookies and still managed 10-6. Seriously this was the all star WR list:

• Duke Calhoun
  • Michael Clayton
  • Derek Hagan
  • Mario Manningham
  • Hakeem Nicks
  • Darius Reynaud
  • Devin Thomas

This year the Giants had one of the toughest schedules in football, and will unfortunately have another in 2012, and beat the best teams to win the SB. STILL pundits go on and on about how Eli isn't quite good enough. Yet the Patriots have a cakewalk and beat one team with a winning record all year and Brady is better because of his record. Please bitch.

Eli really does get no respect. He's like the Dangerfield of the NFL. When Brees throws 2 more TDs and 3 less INTs, in a dome no less, he's a top 5 QB but Eli doesn't make the top 100 player list. Eli has to play in arguably the toughest division in football, IMHO, in an open-air stadium in freezing cold temperatures and swirling winds. Last year had street walk on WRs and rookies and still managed 10-6. Seriously this was the all star WR list:

• Duke Calhoun
  • Michael Clayton
  • Derek Hagan
  • Mario Manningham
  • Hakeem Nicks
  • Darius Reynaud
  • Devin Thomas

This year the Giants had one of the toughest schedules in football, and will unfortunately have another in 2012, and beat the best teams to win the SB. STILL pundits go on and on about how Eli isn't quite good enough. Yet the Patriots have a cakewalk and beat one team with a winning record all year and Brady is better because of his record. Please bitch.

No doubt Eli gets no respect and EVERYTHING you said here is spot on.

I think that Eli's a lock if he maintains 3500+ yards and 25+ TD seasons while limiting interceptions around 15 for the next 8-10 years.

If Eli were to stop playing today, it's borderline given the 2 championships.

yes at 31, his best 4 or 5 years are still in front of him and he will still have a few left after that.

If he stays healthy he will have the longevity numbers to go with the rings and personal achievements.

Kurt, youre cool and all....but shut it.

GOD Bless you.....yeah Kurt settle back down and keep quiet.