SportsWrath

Emmitt doubts Cowboys' ‘mental toughness’ against Giants

Firstnten

Emmitt doubts Cowboys' ‘mental toughness’ against Giants

Tweet

| More icon_print.gif Print

1:59 PM, December 29, 2011 ι POST STAFF REPORT

Emmitt Smith caused a lot of heartache for Giants fans through his career, but he gave them an optimistic preview for this Sunday night’s game against his former team.

The Hall of Fame running back is not sure the Cowboys have the “mental toughness” to beat the Giants on Sunday in game that will determine the NFC East champion.

"Talent-wise, I think they have it," Smith told ESPN.com. "Leadership-wise, they have some good leaders on the ballclub. Do they have enough? Probably not. Can they go up to New York and be mentally tough in this situation? I think Jason (Garrett) has done a very good job of preparing the guys to be physically and hopefully mentally tough, but I think mental toughness is the thing needed in games like this.

"Mental toughness for four quarters or five quarters, if you have to go that far. But that's something our Cowboys have not been able to do in close games. And that's where mental toughness comes into play.”

Smith knows a little about that toughness and what it takes to win division-deciding games in New Jersey. Smith, playing through a separated shoulder, carried the Cowboys to a 16-13 overtime win in the season finale at Giants Stadium on Jan. 2, 1994 to give Dallas the division over the Giants. That game, in which Smith ran 32 times for 168 yards, was not do-or-die because the Giants still earned a wild-card berth, then lost in the divisional round to the 49ers. The Cowboys would beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.

Smith pointed the Cowboys’ fourth-quarter struggles this season, which included blowing a 12-point lead to the Giants in the rivals’ meeting three weeks ago.

"Unfortunately for us we've lost four games this year in the fourth quarter -- four points or less,” Smith told the website. “And so that in itself is something we definitely need to get corrected in the short period of time to make that happen up in New York."

Fuck his mental toughness....come clean you bastard. The one and ONLY reason why you were able to "play through" a separated shoulder was that either A. it was not truly separated....or B. you were so fucking hyped up on pain/inflammation reducing medications that you might have been able to walk through a blast furnace and just think it was a summer day. :F-U:big%20F-U.gif:030:

Fuck his mental toughness....come clean you bastard. The one and ONLY reason why you were able to "play through" a separated shoulder was that either A. it was not truly separated....or B. you were so fucking hyped up on pain/inflammation reducing medications that you might have been able to walk through a blast furnace and just think it was a summer day. :F-U:big%20F-U.gif:030:

OR C: A or B, plus being able to run behind probably the best offensive line of all time, five 350 lbers.

I like Emmitt........leave his ass alone

He's telling you their are big cracks in Dallas routine

Why does this piss you off??

He's trying to light a fire under their asses... his ugly ass needs to shut the fuck up.

Hey guys if hear any choking sounds, don't worry its Romo warming up for tonight

"He's going to be playing at full strength," Jones said on KRLD-FM Friday morning. "It's just a very big-time feel-good to know that we're going to be going in with this kind of quarterbacking. He's had an outstanding year. He's a top, top quarterback and he's got a good team around him. In my belief, a very good team around him, so the stage is set for us to play well in a big game."

Jesus... "toughnacity" :ermm: . My maternal grandmother would have slapped that word out of my mouth..."you will speak proper English in this household young man...leave the slang and other street language outside of my house...do you understand? :05-mafia:

I think slang and street language is generous in this case. If he said that he's a moron.

Jesus... "toughnacity" :ermm: . My maternal grandmother would have slapped that word out of my mouth..."you will speak proper English in this household young man...leave the slang and other street language outside of my house...do you understand? :05-mafia:

Emmit told me to tell you and I quote "watch ur mouf" :D