SportsWrath

I have a question

jerseygiantfan

Why are we so cap maxed every year? Whose contracts are so expensive that we have no money year after year that we make no moves after the draft in free agency? I always hear of other teams making great moves and obviously have cap room to do so and we never do anything. Just wondering.

Why are we so cap maxed every year? Whose contracts are so expensive that we have no money year after year that we make no moves after the draft in free agency? I always hear of other teams making great moves and obviously have cap room to do so and we never do anything. Just wondering.

Complicated answer. We aren't cap maxed EVERY year, however, and the Giants did re-work some deals to create a little wiggle room when they needed.

But you have to know that the Giants do a pretty good job with the cap and although they will bring in free agents as everyone does, they aren't an organization that builds the roster through free agency, but rather to fill holes. From time to time you'll see a splashy free agent signing like Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty, but I doubt you'll see the Giants go on a spree like the Eagles did last year or how the Redskins have in years past.

There will be money coming off the cap next year. I doubt McKenzie will be back, and I also think it's a good bet that Umenyiora and Jacobs could both be cut. But the Giants build their team through the draft and I think it's been a good strategy. They will have room when they need it.

Complicated answer. We aren't cap maxed EVERY year, however, and the Giants did re-work some deals to create a little wiggle room when they needed.

But you have to know that the Giants do a pretty good job with the cap and although they will bring in free agents as everyone does, they aren't an organization that builds the roster through free agency, but rather to fill holes. From time to time you'll see a splashy free agent signing like Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty, but I doubt you'll see the Giants go on a spree like the Eagles did last year or how the Redskins have in years past.

There will be money coming off the cap next year. I doubt McKenzie will be back, and I also think it's a good bet that Umenyiora and Jacobs could both be cut. But the Giants build their team through the draft and I think it's been a good strategy. They will have room when they need it.

OSI would be traded Jacobs Maybe cut but Osi would be traded before we cut him. Jacobs moneywise has 4.4 Mill due in 2012 . Osi has 3.9 Mill due Both would be FA in 2013 Both are getting old Jacobs 29 Osi 30

Trade Osi for Forte? sounds like a great idea to me but Forte like Osi Wants to be paid sooooo with the idea of the bears franchising Forte I don't think a trade would happen.

Eli Manning is worth it but I believe Chris Canty is taking a sizable chunk.

Having said that.. It would be great if Eli could take a pay cut so that his team can bring in one or 2 impact players.

2012: $10.75 million, 2013: $13 million, 2014: $15.15 million, 2015: $17 million,

Having said that.. It would be great if Eli could take a pay cut so that his team can bring in one or 2 impact players.

The D line is eating up a chuck of money for sure. Baas as well.

Wrs are getting next to nothing

What? You don't think Canty and his whopping four sacks a year are worth it? Or his amazing run-stuffing ability?

What? You don't think Canty and his whopping four sacks a year are worth it? Or his amazing run-stuffing ability?

I'm not sold on Canty.. he played one great game against us when he was with Dallas and we signed him... I would have much rather seen him cut and kept Cofield

2012: $10.75 million, 2013: $13 million, 2014: $15.15 million, 2015: $17 million,

So we'll be drafting a QB in the 2013 draft then.

So we'll be drafting a QB in the 2013 draft then.

No.. I said Eli doesn't need all that money.. he can restructure to give us more room to sign impact players... he will be a millionaire no matter what.. it's just better to be that with a few more rings ;)