SportsWrath

Please tell me if anyone else is sick of this.

Firstnten

The Giants gave up 577 yards to the saints. From what I have read this is the second worst defensive performance in Giants history. Now Fewell comes out in the media and is running his mouth!?!?

I am so sick of these guys talking about how things are going to change after getting embarrassed publicly. After Mara came out and said things would change and nothing has. What else can anyone in the organization say to make the fans optimistic? It's a total fucking joke. And I can't fucking take it anymore. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beat the packer then come out and say you motivated them, you got them fired up. This pregame horse shit is just that not to mention this gives the pack BB material. And I'm sick of it.

The Giants gave up 577 yards to the saints. From what I have read this is the second worst defensive performance in Giants history. Now Fewell comes out in the media and is running his mouth!?!?

I am so sick of these guys talking about how things are going to change after getting embarrassed publicly. After Mara came out and said things would change and nothing has. What else can anyone in the organization say to make the fans optimistic? It's a total fucking joke. And I can't fucking take it anymore. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beat the packer then come out and say you motivated them, you got them fired up. This pregame horse shit is just that not to mention this gives the pack BB material. And I'm sick of it.

I'm pretty mixed about this.

I totally hear what you are saying.....but maybe it's time for someone other than Rolle to show a heartbeat. Maybe Fewell thinks that by calling out the unit, he might get some fires lit.

Still, I agree.....I'd rather hear the fiery stuff in a post-victory celebration.

I totally hear what you are saying.....but maybe it's time for someone other than Rolle to show a heartbeat. Maybe Fewell thinks that by calling out the unit, he might get some fires lit.

Still, I agree.....I'd rather hear the fiery stuff in a post-victory celebration.

Fewel is about 3 Losses too late.

This red herring in all of this is this. How many teams in the NFL have gone undefeated during the regular 16 game season? The odds are that the pack will lose at least one game before the end of the season. The pack clinches the division with either a win this week or a lions loss. And IMO it's almost a lock that the Saints beat the lions this week. The point is I see this game as a winnable game for the Giants. But in the same breath I don't feel it would be beating a focused firing on all cylinders pack team. A team that lets someone put up 577 yards on them, I want to see coaching changes. Could a win here give the media and fans a false sense of hope?

You can't blame Fewell for the Philly loss.

Don't even try to argue with him, Tree. Nas blames the Fewell, whose scheme and defensive play call worked the entire game and there was no need or indication it needed to be altered for the last drive, instead of the players who rolled over and forgot how to play football that entire last drive.

They were in position to make stops that final drive. Which is Fewell's job. They didn't, which is on the players.

Don't even try to argue with him, Tree. Nas blames the Fewell, whose scheme and defensive play call worked the entire game and there was no need or indication it needed to be altered for the last drive, instead of the players who rolled over and forgot how to play football that entire last drive.

They were in position to make stops that final drive. Which is Fewell's job. They didn't, which is on the players.

I'm entitled to my opinion, right? And I happened to think Fewel is just a step or two above Sheridan/Lewis.

Yeah, I had high hopes for him but I think his value was over-inflated. His defenses, in retrospect, were consistently middle of the pack. He was DC in Buffalo from 2006 on.

Check out the defensive ranks:

Pro Football Reference

I mean, one year his defense was ranked 31st in yards, 18th in points allowed (2007). Sounds like the result of a bend-don't break defense. :puke:

I long for the days of exotic blitz packages and a mindset of, "hit the QB at all costs."

Which by the way, is the only way we're going to win on Sunday.

Yeah, I had high hopes for him but I think his value was over-inflated. His defenses, in retrospect, were consistently middle of the pack. He was DC in Buffalo from 2006 on.

Check out the defensive ranks:

Pro Football Reference

I mean, one year his defense was ranked 31st in yards, 18th in points allowed (2007). Sounds like the result of a bend-don't break defense. :puke:

I long for the days of exotic blitz packages and a mindset of, "hit the QB at all costs."

Which by the way, is the only way we're going to win on Sunday.

I concur because coverage is not working. If you can't cover then you better pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqC_m3yUDU

What happened for the other 51 minutes? The O only managed to put up 10 points all game. That game was very, very winnable and the O shit the bed.

The O shit the bed.. that game... the D bent over like pussies and couldn't stop the Eagles.. shit take some chances and try to fuck up V Young.. and if he scores.. at least we got time to score (giving our D some rest) then take another crack at it.. yet it seems every fucking 3rd down the asshole rushed 3 :facepalm:

The O shit the bed.. that game... the D bent over like pussies and couldn't stop the Eagles.. shit take some chances and try to fuck up V Young.. and if he scores.. at least we got time to score (giving our D some rest) then take another crack at it.. yet it seems every fucking 3rd down the asshole rushed 3 :facepalm:

9 punts. 9. And you think "time to score" was the issue?

Ya, and several of those third downs, he did blitz, and the ball was dropped off for a 15 yard gain to Mccoy or Jackson, in the flat. Several of those third downs, our players had guys stopped and missed tackles. Several of those third down conversions were a direct result of blown coverages. The players (mainly that asshat Rolle) have come out and made statements to this effect, right to the media. Go look for it.

You can't go 3 and out 7 times in a game and expect to win. Even with 3 turnovers and holding a team to 17 points.

It's moronic to blame that game on Fewell. Even the last drive.

Fewell deserves criticism, but not for that singular drive that was completely on the players.

Ask Jim and he will tell you the time of possession disparity was on the defense and not the fact that the offense couldn't extend a drive. lol.

Their D outplayed our D. I'm not saying the O shouldn't be blamed at all.. but at least our O has come thru most of the time.. our D has stunk up the joint far more.

From the horse's ass, itself:

"“When we played the Patriots, for me, it wasn’t about beating the Patriots and destroying the records they had going on surrounding that game,” he continued. “It was about how our team came out. We came out fighting! We came out relentless. It was about our attitude, about our swagger.”

Rolle says he hasn’t seen that in every game this year and he plans to take a more proactive role. He also said that it is more on the players than it is on the coaches, pointing out that Tom Coughlin and his staff do not take a single snap.

“We went in there preparing for a dogfight and we fought from the beginning to the very end,” he said of the win in New England. “I can’t say that we have done that in each and every game we have been a part of. And I blame a big part of that on myself. I really do. I take a lot on my chest.”

“We are a great football team,” he added. “That is why I am upset because I feel like we haven’t gone out there and displayed that we are a great team week in and week out. Why does every game come down to the last two minutes of the game? We are better than that. And as soon as we all get on the same page and understand we are better and believe we are better, you will see a better football team.” "

Their D outplayed our D. I'm not saying the O shouldn't be blamed at all.. but at least our O has come thru most of the time.. our D has stunk up the joint far more.

Again, blame the defense for a game in which the defense sucked. Like New Orleans. The Eagles game was lost almost exclusively on the offense.

From the horse's ass, itself:

"“When we played the Patriots, for me, it wasn’t about beating the Patriots and destroying the records they had going on surrounding that game,” he continued. “It was about how our team came out. We came out fighting! We came out relentless. It was about our attitude, about our swagger.”

Rolle says he hasn’t seen that in every game this year and he plans to take a more proactive role. He also said that it is more on the players than it is on the coaches, pointing out that Tom Coughlin and his staff do not take a single snap.

“We went in there preparing for a dogfight and we fought from the beginning to the very end,” he said of the win in New England. “I can’t say that we have done that in each and every game we have been a part of. And I blame a big part of that on myself. I really do. I take a lot on my chest.”

“We are a great football team,” he added. “That is why I am upset because I feel like we haven’t gone out there and displayed that we are a great team week in and week out. Why does every game come down to the last two minutes of the game? We are better than that. And as soon as we all get on the same page and understand we are better and believe we are better, you will see a better football team.” "

Wow, this should be in the P&R section because it's horseshit... you are what your record say you are. You don't lose to the fucking Skins, Seahawks, and Eagles and still consider yourself "great". No Rolle this team is missing a few pieces.. and the coaches lack creativity...

Wow, this should be in the P&R section because it's horseshit... you are what your record say you are. You don't lose to the fucking Skins, Seahawks, and Eagles and still consider yourself "great". No Rolle this team is missing a few pieces.. and the coaches lack creativity...

There ya go, that's what I'm talking about! Lol.

It's on the coaches, players, GM, everyone. But the team is not nearly as talented as 1. they seem to think it is and 2. a lot of us seem to think it is.

But this is why I think Rolle is not a leader. He's got far more bark than bite.