SportsWrath

Mario Manningham Done for Season???

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I hope it's not true.

From Rotoworld.com via Ralph Vacchiano (NY Daily News):

Mario Manningham conceded Thursday that his season could be in jeopardy due to a swollen knee that feels "weak and not stable."

Manningham revealed that there are "things floating" in his knee, and he could eventually need surgery. Asked if the injury would be season-ending in nature, Manningham replied, "I don't know. We'll have to see." Don't expect him to play against the Packers this week. Those in shallow leagues can cut bait now that Victor Cruz has emerged as a big-time playmaker.

This doesn't sound good. If things are still floating around and still swelling after this much rest, I think surgery is probably going to happen. If it does happen, there's little doubt in my mind he'll be shut down.

I really hope that Ramses seizes this opportunity in front of him and we see if he can really become something great. Also, don't forget about Devin Thomas, who has climbed the depth chart with Hixon, Clayton, and now Manningham not playing. I thought Thomas looked very quick on his catch against the Saints and I'm a fan. I hope I don't sound like Jack rooting for these guys down the bench but I do think there is some hidden talent there that just needs opportunity.

So far, when the ball has been thrown his way, he's caught it and got his hips turned up field and making plays. I don't know why they haven't tried getting him more involved. Clearly, this team has no running game whatsoever without Bradshaw and I just think going 3-wide for a majority of snaps is better than trying to force a run game that isn't working.

At times you just see the defense focusing on Cruz and Nicks and Eli is all of a sudden trying to make something happen with Ballard in the seam or dump offs to Ware and Jacobs. I think if you get Ramses on the field he's somebody, just because of his size, that has to be respected and hopefully can open the field up more for Nicks to make more big plays.

Guest StrahansGap

I am NOT opposed to the Giants throwing the ball 70 times a game right now. I don't care if Eli is picked off 4 times...he's the only way we are gonna win games.

Hurry up passing offense all game anyone....anyone??? Why not? I'm all fucking for it.

Quite the revolving door we've had this season with veterans being replaced by rookies. Yeah it sounds like Barden is going to get his number called and he better be ready.

I will concede I don't know how other teams operate.. but I will say this..

We have players... every team has 53.. yet some never see the fucking filed... take Barden for example... he has shown flashes... yet we wait till someone goes down for him to see action... as opposed to getting these guys on the field when everyone is healthy... god forbid we get the benefit of steady game time experience AND keeping everyone fresh.

Hurry up passing offense all game anyone....anyone??? Why not? I'm all fucking for it.

That too... but it seems egos get in the way.. god forbid you let your best player who hasn't missed a fucking game since he was drafted control the game.. and live up to his strength of up-tempo style attacks.

That too... but it seems egos get in the way.. god forbid you let your best player who hasn't missed a fucking game since he was drafted control the game.. and live up to his strength of up-tempo style attacks.

this just doesn't work in the NFL...the dog thinks people get caught up with the fact that a team looks efficient running the hurry up offense in the final minutes of a half or game, or as a change of pace. the circumstances are completly different. good teams will adjust to this style of play all game. without the threat of a run game, being one dimensional leads to losses. as weak as the giants run game has been, they still need the threat of it, which they do have. running a hurry up offense, while it may lead to quick points at times, also leads to quick three and outs, and the last thing the giants want to do given that they are playing the packers and have two games with the cowboys (who can also score points quickly) is put the defense on the field for extended times...

this just doesn't work in the NFL...the dog thinks people get caught up with the fact that a team looks efficient running the hurry up offense in the final minutes of a half or game, or as a change of pace. the circumstances are completly different. good teams will adjust to this style of play all game. without the threat of a run game, being one dimensional leads to losses. as weak as the giants run game has been, they still need the threat of it, which they do have. running a hurry up offense, while it may lead to quick points at times, also leads to quick three and outs, and the last thing the giants want to do given that they are playing the packers and have two games with the cowboys (who can also score points quickly) is put the defense on the field for extended times...

I called for those methods as a change of pace.. to break out of a funk in any given game...

I called for those methods as a change of pace.. to break out of a funk in any given game...

the dog agrees on that then...the dog misread, as it was suggested to run the hurry up and throw every down earlier in the thread...

has there been many examples of where the Giants have gone hurry up or gone to a 2 minute offense , where the change of pace offense like that has actually turned a game around for us and we went on to win it.Overall, I think it's a bad idea and I hate seeing it. It tires out our offense, especially the o-line. Keep it for when we need it, when we have the ball and need to score with around 2 minuts to go.

Guest StrahansGap

I wasnt bring 100% serious when I said they should do a hurry up passing offense. But the giants should change their gameplan dramatically for the packers on both sides of the ball. Bring the blitz packages all day, throw some no huddles and hurry up's in there too. Keep green bay on their heels all day long. Forget that prevent bullshit. Get in Rodgers' face all day long.

I wasnt bring 100% serious when I said they should do a hurry up passing offense. But the giants should change their gameplan dramatically for the packers on both sides of the ball. Bring the blitz packages all day, throw some no huddles and hurry up's in there too. Keep green bay on their heels all day long. Forget that prevent bullshit. Get in Rodgers' face all day long.

The difference SG is that Rodgers will get rid of that ball fast, have you seen the kid?. He zips that pass real fast and he's dead on. Coverage downfield is going to have to be real tight and I'd actually give Fewell a pass if he played more 4-2-5 this weekend.

the dog agrees on that then...the dog misread, as it was suggested to run the hurry up and throw every down earlier in the thread...

I like your analysis, Dog. And I like it even if I think it's a bit too critical sometimes but it's a good counter to us fans I guess.

has there been many examples of where the Giants have gone hurry up or gone to a 2 minute offense , where the change of pace offense like that has actually turned a game around for us and we went on to win it.Overall, I think it's a bad idea and I hate seeing it. It tires out our offense, especially the o-line. Keep it for when we need it, when we have the ball and need to score with around 2 minuts to go.

No because it's never been tried... again I'm suggesting certain things to change the tempo/flow of a given game... like against the Eagles... wow that was atrocious.

Guest StrahansGap

The difference SG is that Rodgers will get rid of that ball fast, have you seen the kid?. He zips that pass real fast and he's dead on. Coverage downfield is going to have to be real tight and I'd actually give Fewell a pass if he played more 4-2-5 this weekend.

I know. Not only is he quick, but he might be the most accurate passer I've ever seen in my life. And not just accurate on a 3 step drop. He's accurate on a 1 step, 3 step and 5 step drop... AND he's accurate on the run!! But our defensive line is pretty damn good when they want to be. With Osi out, it's JPP and Tuck's time to shine...