SportsWrath

What The Fuck Is With Tuck??

Guest StrahansGap

Didn't Pierce miss several weeks and an extremely important playoff game against the Panthers and force us to sign and start Kevin Lewis? I'm pretty sure he sat out with a sprained ankle....to put it in perspective here, Osi taped his ankle up and came back out last night with a sprained ankle. Like Herc said, a neck injury changes the way you move....you start to favor other muscles and explains all the dings he's been suffering.

But who the fuck is Antonio Pierce to question an infinitely better player's toughness, anyway?

Are you talking about 2005? That was a high ankle sprain, which is much more serious than a sprained ankle. Pierce is an idiot for talking about Tuck like that, but let's be fair about it. Why not mention Strahan being out for half of 2006 as well?

Tuck simply shouldn't be playing right now. Not only is he playing hurt and risking further injury, but he's simply ineffective. I understand the well is pretty dry, but we'd be better off rotating with Kiwi and playing yet another rookie LB, taking our lumps this year, and come in full strength next year. Right now all we're doing is playing games with Tuck's career.

The way this team is made up right now, we're simply not playoff caliber; and even if we do make it in, we're not going anywhere.

I literally laughed out loud when Tynes went out there for that 61 yarder. I was thinking, "is this a joke?" One of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. I mean, even if he made it, which he had literally ZERO chance of fucking hitting that FG, even from off the carpet in a dome, the score is 21-6 going into halftime. Whoopty fucking doo. With the ball on the 43, throw it in the endzone and hope for lucky deflection. You have a 6'6" WR for crying out loud. For that call alone I'm questioning Coughlin's grip on reality.

I literally laughed out loud when Tynes went out there for that 61 yarder. I was thinking, "is this a joke?" One of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. I mean, even if he made it, which he had literally ZERO chance of fucking hitting that FG, even from off the carpet in a dome, the score is 21-6 going into halftime. Whoopty fucking doo. With the ball on the 43, throw it in the endzone and hope for lucky deflection. You have a 6'6" WR for crying out loud. For that call alone I'm questioning Coughlin's grip on reality.

Yes I was simply dumbfounded....that decision says give up all over it....just take a kneel down if that is what you are going to do.

Are you talking about 2005? That was a high ankle sprain, which is much more serious than a sprained ankle. Pierce is an idiot for talking about Tuck like that, but let's be fair about it. Why not mention Strahan being out for half of 2006 as well?

Tuck simply shouldn't be playing right now. Not only is he playing hurt and risking further injury, but he's simply ineffective. I understand the well is pretty dry, but we'd be better off rotating with Kiwi and playing yet another rookie LB, taking our lumps this year, and come in full strength next year. Right now all we're doing is playing games with Tuck's career.

The way this team is made up right now, we're simply not playoff caliber; and even if we do make it in, we're not going anywhere.

Dude, he missed 5 games with it. And Osi is out this week anyway, but he was back on the field Monday night. He's still in no position to question anyone's toughness. I definitely expect your team leader to come in and play with a sprained ankle after 5weeks of rest. Adrian Peterson has had 1 week and is looking like he's going this week.

Dude, he missed 5 games with it. And Osi is out this week anyway, but he was back on the field Monday night. He's still in no position to question anyone's toughness. I definitely expect your team leader to come in and play with a sprained ankle after 5weeks of rest. Adrian Peterson has had 1 week and is looking like he's going this week.

from About.com:

What is the treatment for a high ankle sprain?

Syndesmotic injuries tend not to heal as well as more common ankle sprain, that is why trainers and coaches of athletes are often concerned about "high ankle sprains." Your orthopedic doctor will first determine if the injury is stable or unstable. If the injury is stable, then the high ankle sprain can be treated in a cast, usually for a period of 6 weeks.

If the injury is unstable, then a "syndesmotic screw" can be placed between the tibia and fibula to hold the bones in proper position while the syndesmotic ligament heals. The are several methods of fixation of syndesmotic injuries, all with potential risks and benefits. It is a relatively safe and well-tolerated surgical procedure.

Patients will have the screw in place for about 3 months while the syndesmotic ligament heals. Patients should understand that if they walk on the leg while the syndesmotic screw is in their leg (even after the ligament has healed) the screw can break. The reason for this is that there is normally some motion between these bones when people walk. Therefore, some doctors prefer a second operation to remove the sydensmotic screw before allowing the patient to walk. Other doctors will leave the screw in and allow it to possibly break. The reason being that there are few reported problems with the broken screw. Either way, you can talk with your doctor about this if you need to have surgery for a high ankle sprain.

A cast for 6 weeks for a stable sprain. Surgery for an unstable one. I'm not agreeing with Pierce, but he didn't have some pansy ankle sprain, either.

People were questioning his toughness unfairly. I'd rather have him at 60% than not at all. If he doesn't start who does? JPP who does better as a sub than a starter or Tollefson? There is not an easy answer or one that will make this defense remarkably better.

If you really want to look at the problems on defense take a look at our linebackers, mostly rookies.

The defense is hurting and the offense needs to continue to pickup the slack.

He should be on IR, or just not starting, period.

All-Pro x 60% = unproductive.

from About.com:

A cast for 6 weeks for a stable sprain. Surgery for an unstable one. I'm not agreeing with Pierce, but he didn't have some pansy ankle sprain, either.

And like I was saying, Adrian Peterson has a high ankle sprain. It is looking more and more like he is playing this week. In 2010, Andre Johnson missed 3 games with a high ankle sprain. Nick Mangold missed 2 games with a high ankle sprain this year. It's all relative, Pierce might have been slightly older at the time, and sure, some guys heal faster than others, some have a more severe grade of a sprain....but these are regular season games these guys missed not an important playoff game in which a re-signed street free agent had to start. And all were back with less time out than Pierce. I'm just saying, if you want to question someone's toughness publicly, think about your own career and how other players have come back from the same exact injury. And think about the position you put your team in at the time.

At least Tuck is out there doing his best to help his team and fighting through injury.

All ankle sprains are the same. Also, people with no knowledge of a player's injury or injuries, either disclosed or undisclosed, are perfectly qualified to discuss when they should play. Team doctors should also consult sportswrath before they hold a player out another week. This is all perfectly logical.

All ankle sprains are the same. Also, people with no knowledge of a player's injury or injuries, either disclosed or undisclosed, are perfectly qualified to discuss when they should play. Team doctors should also consult sportswrath before they hold a player out another week. This is all perfectly logical.

Exactly. I bet Tuck's ankle is the least of his worries considering his neck and shoulder. I'm going by Tuck's admission that he's nearly at half-strength.

Tell Pierce that, bro.

he's an idiot