SportsWrath

What The Fuck Is With Tuck??

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

So I turn the game off right after Eli's td pass to Cruz with 5 minutes left because I wanted to go to sleep on a good note (Eli showed some heart on that drive by the way).

But when I woke up, there was only one image stuck in my head. The image was of Justin Tuck sitting on the bench with a dejected look in his face. ESPN kept showing his face over and over again....and the image still haunts me. The same expression he had at the end of the game was the same expression he had when the Giants were still within reach. What's his excuse? 2 sacks this year?? What's his excuse? I lost a ton of respect for Tuck last night. He gave up on his team.

JPP was the ONLY giant defender who hustled last night. Tuck should be learning from JPP now.....not the other way around. Despicable!!

So I turn the game off right after Eli's td pass to Cruz with 5 minutes left because I wanted to go to sleep on a good note (Eli showed some heart on that drive by the way).

But when I woke up, there was only one image stuck in my head. The image was of Justin Tuck sitting on the bench with a dejected look in his face. ESPN kept showing his face over and over again....and the image still haunts me. The same expression he had at the end of the game was the same expression he had when the Giants were still within reach. What's his excuse? 2 sacks this year?? What's his excuse? I lost a ton of respect for Tuck last night. He gave up on his team.

JPP was the ONLY giant defender who hustled last night. Tuck should be learning from JPP now.....not the other way around. Despicable!!

There's two things, as I see it:

1. Tuck is pretty clearly still hurt.

2. He's not much of a rah-rah guy or vocal leader to begin with, and never really has been.

One of the problems on D is that ever since Pierce left, we've had no real leader on that side of the ball. Tuck is a hell of a player when healthy but he's never going to inspire or rally the troops.

Guest StrahansGap

2. He's not much of a rah-rah guy or vocal leader to begin with, and never really has been.

One of the problems on D is that ever since Pierce left, we've had no real leader on that side of the ball. Tuck is a hell of a player when healthy but he's never going to inspire or rally the troops.

Man, do I miss Stray.

Pierce and Strahan were the emotional leaders...plus Strahan's play was all pro....but remember even he had a middling middle stage of his career that Tuck is experiencing right now. I hate the Giants philosophy that half of a good to exceptional player is always better than the second string or rookie. Tuck should have been sat for at least 6 straight games. The neck...probably his back...the ankles....remember he is fighting off one or two linemen each play plus getting chipped by a back or TE every now and then.....at 100% he can deal with it...at 70% he can't. That with having a one dimensional Osi opposite him; JPP still learning....and no real consistent run stopper up the middle...its a recipe for a sub par season for Tuck.

Pierce and Strahan were the emotional leaders...plus Strahan's play was all pro....but remember even he had a middling middle stage of his career that Tuck is experiencing right now. I hate the Giants philosophy that half of a good to exceptional player is always better than the second string or rookie. Tuck should have been sat for at least 6 straight games. The neck...probably his back...the ankles....remember he is fighting off one or two linemen each play plus getting chipped by a back or TE every now and then.....at 100% he can deal with it...at 70% he can't. That with having a one dimensional Osi opposite him; JPP still learning....and no real consistent run stopper up the middle...its a recipe for a sub par season for Tuck.

I agree.....a banged up Tuck is one thing; but the dude clearly isn't himself.

We'll find out in the offseason that the extent of his injury was a lot worse than anyone let on, and then I'll really be pissed off.

It's hard to be a leader when you aren't performing to your capabilities and helping the team. I'm sure Tuck knows this and has similar sentiments. I thought the Strahan and Pierce stuff was uncalled for. He's obviously hurt. I know he wants to be out there but he and the team need to look long term as well. If his condition isn't going to improve this season perhaps they need to cut his workload and use Tollefson more.

Tuck is a fucking fraud!!! That play where he just missed a sack he pulled a Haynseworth and just lied down and watched Brees convert the 1st down 6 seconds later, plenty of time to come and aid linval Joseph who wa trying to make the play at the LoS before Brees converted and We lost a challenge, a punt, a timeout and try scored 7

I would seriously IR or bench Tuck and start Osi and JPP. I'd get Kiwi more reps at DE also to get the young LBers more reps. Tuck is an absolute joke this year.

Strahan and Pierce seemed to indicate that Tuck is a pussy.

Apparently they are correct.

Playing DL in the NFL requires toughness to battle through little injuries. And seems

Like tuck has a bunch of little injuries and is being a pussy. Tell that too Kris Kenkins or Michael Strahan

And they will laugh in your face.

I agree.....a banged up Tuck is one thing; but the dude clearly isn't himself.

We'll find out in the offseason that the extent of his injury was a lot worse than anyone let on, and then I'll really be pissed off.

Exactly...and its one thing for Strahan to call him a pussy ...which I think is going way too far....its another thing for Pierce to say the same thing. Why? When you play the d line...you are constantly being grabbed, twisted, poked. held and all around fucked over. Usually as a MLB you are seeing a lineman coming at you more or less from the clear and not in that scrum of the scrimmage line. Therefore the dirty play of the O-Line is a lot more visible. Tuck said clearly that after news of his neck injury got out the illegal use of the hands and outright face masking went up exponentially.

he estimated himself at about 70% in a radio interview i heard last week and he isn't going to get any better before the season is over.

neck injuries are tricky and totally change the way you move. im surprised he's even out there

he estimated himself at about 70% in a radio interview i heard last week and he isn't going to get any better before the season is over.

neck injuries are tricky and totally change the way you move. im surprised he's even out there

Exactly....especially with junior Conrad Doblers out there ....doing everything to make it worse.... :facepalm:

im way more concerned about our offensive playcalling. we rack up tons of yards and kill drives by giving up as soon as we lose yardage via penalties/sacks. at this point the entire NFL is on notice to look for a screen or draw play on all 2nd/3rd down situations of 9 yards or more

im way more concerned about our offensive playcalling. we rack up tons of yards and kill drives by giving up as soon as we lose yardage via penalties/sacks. at this point the entire NFL is on notice to look for a screen or draw play on all 2nd/3rd down situations of 9 yards or more

Yea I was looking at the stats

We had more passing yards and time of possession and yet lose huge

Yea I was looking at the stats

We had more passing yards and time of possession and yet lose huge

Couldn't stop the run. Brees can beat you without a ground game to support him but if you give him one forget about it. The opening drive INT was a killer too. The defense wasn't going to stop anything last night but after stopping the fake field goal if the Giants had put up 7 it would have at least given them a hint of momentum at least for a few minutes.

Couldn't stop the run. Brees can beat you without a ground game to support him but if you give him one forget about it. The opening drive INT was a killer too. The defense wasn't going to stop anything last night but after stopping the fake field goal if the Giants had put up 7 it would have at least given them a hint of momentum at least for a few minutes.

Yes....that INT in the end zone was a killer. I figured the only way to win would be a shootout, and hope for maybe a turnover here or there.

Having Tynes line up for a 63 yarder was a joke....the dude can barely hit from 50.

Exactly...and its one thing for Strahan to call him a pussy ...which I think is going way too far....its another thing for Pierce to say the same thing. Why? When you play the d line...you are constantly being grabbed, twisted, poked. held and all around fucked over. Usually as a MLB you are seeing a lineman coming at you more or less from the clear and not in that scrum of the scrimmage line. Therefore the dirty play of the O-Line is a lot more visible. Tuck said clearly that after news of his neck injury got out the illegal use of the hands and outright face masking went up exponentially.

Didn't Pierce miss several weeks and an extremely important playoff game against the Panthers and force us to sign and start Kevin Lewis? I'm pretty sure he sat out with a sprained ankle....to put it in perspective here, Osi taped his ankle up and came back out last night with a sprained ankle. Like Herc said, a neck injury changes the way you move....you start to favor other muscles and explains all the dings he's been suffering.

But who the fuck is Antonio Pierce to question an infinitely better player's toughness, anyway?

Yes....that INT in the end zone was a killer. I figured the only way to win would be a shootout, and hope for maybe a turnover here or there.

Having Tynes line up for a 63 yarder was a joke....the dude can barely hit from 50. 40

Fixed.

Didn't Pierce miss several weeks and an extremely important playoff game against the Panthers and force us to sign and start Kevin Lewis? I'm pretty sure he sat out with a sprained ankle....to put it in perspective here, Osi taped his ankle up and came back out last night with a sprained ankle. Like Herc said, a neck injury changes the way you move....you start to favor other muscles and explains all the dings he's been suffering.

But who the fuck is Antonio Pierce to question an infinitely better player's toughness, anyway?

Exactly....this is one time when I agree with Jack....Air Horn should mind his own fucking business in this regard. Tuck has a quiet burning intensity....I kind of prefer that to the big talkers anyway. I bet Pierce had no problem with Jacobs acting like a complete asshole cause he ran over a cornerback...fuck dude it wasn't a safety or linebacker how you used to do it. :jerkoff: