SportsWrath

DeSean Jackson

RandolphScott

He's a free agent after the season.

I hope we sign him for the sole reason only for him not TO FUCKING MAKE A BIG PLAY AGAINST US, HOLY SHIT. I felt like I was having flashbacks when he returned that kick, thank God the idiot stepped out of bounds.

But seriously, he would give our special teams such a needed boost, he can miss tackles (as we ALL fucking know) which means he doesn't really need good blocking. I hope we make a play for the guy and I am being 100 percent serious. He's an asshole, a showboat and any other 4 letter word you can think of...dude's a player.

I know free ageny allows players to go to division rivals but he will always be an Eagle to me. There isn't a player in the league I despise more. The mere idea of him in a Giants uniform disgusts me, whether he would help our team or not.

Nope, don't care. We haven't had a guy on special teams to strike fear into the hearts of teams since like, well..David Meggett.

Plus, DeSean can open up routs underneath for guys like Cruz, Nicks, Ballard and Barden.

Guest StrahansGap

Nope, don't care. We haven't had a guy on special teams to strike fear into the hearts of teams since like, well..David Meggett.

Plus, DeSean can open up routs underneath for guys like Cruz, Nicks, Ballard and Barden.

Yeah, then after he runs for 70, he'll flip the ball to the opposing coach and do a dance, get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and lose all 70 yards. No thanks.

I'll take 40 yards from Cruz and keep the ball instead. I can see Oakland signing him so he can disappear into NFL anonymity....like Kevin Boss.

Yeah, then after he runs for 70, he'll flip the ball to the opposing coach and do a dance, get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and lose all 70 yards. No thanks.

I'll take 40 yards from Cruz and keep the ball instead. I can see Oakland signing him so he can disappear into NFL anonymity....like Kevin Boss.

Totally.

I'm not exactly clamoring for the days when we had the Jeremy Shockeys and Plaxico Burresses of the world making one big play just to fuck up our victory two plays later with fifth-grade antics. I want to actually be able to root for our players without feeling dirty about it.

I know free ageny allows players to go to division rivals but he will always be an Eagle to me. There isn't a player in the league I despise more. The mere idea of him in a Giants uniform disgusts me, whether he would help our team or not.

Part of me sees your point.. but the other part says when he's in blue we'd probably look at him differently... I want to stick to the Eagles by signing McCoy not Jackson... and I don't think either will happen anyway.

The Giants didn't show up last night.. holy shit the team was sleep walking thru the game... their D line harassed Manning all game long.. and our D line was a no show.

There's a lot of stuff he doesn't do also Golfing. And as was said earlier, he negated a huge play with his stupidity. I don't touch him.

What pissed me off was that Reid should have pulled him out of the game for that flip to Fewell. Total lack of respect

If you are only comparing WR to WR, I'd gladly take Jackson this offseason. I'd get rid of Barden. Jackson would start in place of Manningham. I'd keep Cruz as the 3rd WR and drop Manningham to 4th.

I would also take McCoy in a heartbeat over anyone we have on our roster.

That said, because both come across as shitheads, I don't see them fitting in well with Eli. There's a personality that a team adopts or ends up with and when a player doesn't fit in to that, the team doesn't necessarily gel. So as explosive as the two guys are, I don't see them being brought in.

Totally.

I'm not exactly clamoring for the days when we had the Jeremy Shockeys and Plaxico Burresses of the world making one big play just to fuck up our victory two plays later with fifth-grade antics. I want to actually be able to root for our players without feeling dirty about it.

Not only that, but he's not a real #1 receiver...but you can be damn sure he's gonna want #1 money, probably why the eagles haven't signed him. Add to that all his douchebag antics and I don't want him anywhere near this team.

If you are only comparing WR to WR, I'd gladly take Jackson this offseason. I'd get rid of Barden. Jackson would start in place of Manningham. I'd keep Cruz as the 3rd WR and drop Manningham to 4th.

I would also take McCoy in a heartbeat over anyone we have on our roster.

That said, because both come across as shitheads, I don't see them fitting in well with Eli. There's a personality that a team adopts or ends up with and when a player doesn't fit in to that, the team doesn't necessarily gel. So as explosive as the two guys are, I don't see them being brought in.

What's wrong with Barden? He's not breaking the bank and he's showing flashes... he needs more playing time... for the price Barden is a great fit. Yea I'd love to have Jackson on the team and I suspect we can temper down his antics because I feel the Giants as an organization values that and can modify player's behavior accordingly.

What's wrong with Barden? He's not breaking the bank and he's showing flashes... he needs more playing time... for the price Barden is a great fit. Yea I'd love to have Jackson on the team and I suspect we can temper down his antics because I feel the Giants as an organization values that and can modify player's behavior accordingly.

Barden, thus far in his career, can't seem to stay healthy for an entire season and primarily because of that, has been reasonably inconsistent. Yes, he shows flashes (had a nice grab last night), but if given the chance to bring in Jackson (which again, I don't see happening), I would make Barden the odd man out of the top 4.

Boss had a big day yesterday. He was pretty obscure with the Giants too.

Barden sucks.

I would go to the airport with Golfy to pick up Desean.

Seriously I'd rather see Barden get more than 2 snaps per game to evaluate his play. All I know is he was 1 for 1 when Eli threw his way, which was more than I could say for our other receivers.

Agreed man, as a hardcore giants fan I must say you almost always have the correct view on things. Just gotta say that with a bunch of others here losing grip of reality.