SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs Ready To Leave NY?

Gman329

He's a bigger threat out of the backfield than Bradshaw. I would rate them evenly.

I have to agree. If Jacobs were actually given 15 touches a game, not only would the world explode, but we'd probably gain more than 50 yards rushing.

After today's game, I don't think a lot of teams are going to be laying out millions to sign him. He needs to keep his mouth shut and play football. The Giants took a chance on him because he was from a small school and they turned him into a millionaire with a superbowl ring. Now he's pouting because he doesn't want to share the workload with another back or something? Hell....if he wasn't hurt half of every season, it would certainly help. As it is....he should be whistling Dixie out his asshole every night when he goes home in his 250,000 ride to his 2 million dollar crib with less bruises because Bradshaw is taken the hits for him.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who gets to play a game for a living, pocket millions, has the life everyone else wishes they had.....but sits around bitching because he wants more attention. I say if he wants to walk....let him friggin walk.

After today's game, I don't think a lot of teams are going to be laying out millions to sign him. He needs to keep his mouth shut and play football. The Giants took a chance on him because he was from a small school and they turned him into a millionaire with a superbowl ring. Now he's pouting because he doesn't want to share the workload with another back or something? Hell....if he wasn't hurt half of every season, it would certainly help. As it is....he should be whistling Dixie out his asshole every night when he goes home in his 250,000 ride to his 2 million dollar crib with less bruises because Bradshaw is taken the hits for him.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone who gets to play a game for a living, pocket millions, has the life everyone else wishes they had.....but sits around bitching because he wants more attention. I say if he wants to walk....let him friggin walk.

He isn't any good anymore. That's the major point. I don't give a shit what he thinks or how he feels. He isn't bringing any benefit to the Giants running game. Deactivate the fucker. He contributes absolutely nothing. Activate Da'Rel Scott. The Jacobs solution is SO simple. He looked decent early in the season, but it's clear his head is not in it and it's clear that he doesn't have the physical capabilities any longer.

We definitely need to find a way to draft a running back high round.

I have to agree. If Jacobs were actually given 15 touches a game, not only would the world explode, but we'd probably gain more than 50 yards rushing.

I am incorrect in this statement. I retract it. He's been awful and turned into a head case. I thought maybe he'd be motivated to show us all something. But he comes in, fumbles and luckily recovers it, then drops a pass that is easily a positive gain.

Then, every touch he got he fell down at the line of scrimmage. He cannot even change direction in the slightest. Yet he either tries to and gets stopped running parallel to the LOS, or he goes straight into a pile up.

I am incorrect in this statement. I retract it. He's been awful and turned into a head case. I thought maybe he'd be motivated to show us all something. But he comes in, fumbles and luckily recovers it, then drops a pass that is easily a positive gain.

Then, every touch he got he fell down at the line of scrimmage. He cannot even change direction in the slightest. Yet he either tries to and gets stopped running parallel to the LOS, or he goes straight into a pile up.

Storm, I was gonna fight you on that post last night, but decided not to. Guess it was a good move lol.

There's a lot of blown potential in Jacobs. A lot.

-Z

Storm, I was gonna fight you on that post last night, but decided not to. Guess it was a good move lol.

There's a lot of blown potential in Jacobs. A lot.

-Z

Ya, I don't know what I was thinking. Brandon Jacobs just gave the most pathetic performance I have EVER seen from a Giants running back. Just a complete lack of any desire and motivation.

So 4 carries and he's back to being the worst RB on the team?

This was simply another game unfortunately showing our inability to run the ball effectively, no matter who is carrying it.

21 first downs, 2 via the ground game.

This was simply another game unfortunately showing our inability to run the ball effectively, no matter who is carrying it.

agreed, plus hes just coming back from injury.

It's not just these four carries, and it's not just this game, and it's not just coming back from injury.

He's hesitant and not explosive in any way with the ball. Bottom line is he doesn't make plays anymore.

If he'd pick his lane, hit it hard instead of pansying around, push the pile, and avoid falling flat on his face at the LOS every other play, it'd be a different story.

I like Jacobs, I always thought he was capable of doing amazing things. But he hasn't performed all season.

And it's not just our terrible run blocking. Bradshaw does more with what he's given by the blocking than Jacobs.

-Z

Bradshaw gained some yards.

I'm so glad this is going to be Jacob's last year here. I honestly don't see another team giving him a starting job.

Did you guys see what he told reporters after the game?

“I’ve got nothing positive to say,” Jacobs said. “The most positive thing: I got family at home and I got a fast-ass car being delivered on Tuesday. That’s it.”

You would think we lost the game. But here you have a whole team happy that they pulled out another W, and this clown says this? I think the above attitude is where his problems start and end. He has lost the fire in him. I don't think he wants to take hits for this franchise. And that's a problem. What I'm saying? I think he's dogging it. Put his ass on the end of the bench. I've defended him in the past, but his head is buried so far up his own ass right now, I don't see how anyone can defend him. To me, where his mind is at right now... he's a 4th string player.

agreed, plus hes just coming back from injury.

It's not like he was setting the world on fire before the injury.. Jacobs has bee more about potential.. and we're still waiting for that potential... year after year after year... And you can tell yesterday his head was somewhere else. He needs to go back to his corner take a deep breath.. clears his head and gets back to playing football... a team sport.. last thing we need is a diva on this team.

I think the Giants runningback corp is ripe for an upgrade. Ware isn't the guy, Bradshaw is better as a backup, Jacobs can't be counted on to have his head in the game week after week.... maybe Scott is the guy, all I know is that all of the guys getting the touches can be easily upgraded upon.

I think the Giants runningback corp is ripe for an upgrade. Ware isn't the guy, Bradshaw is better as a backup, Jacobs can't be counted on to have his head in the game week after week.... maybe Scott is the guy, all I know is that all of the guys getting the touches can be easily upgraded upon.

Either that is this.. running by committee doesn't really work. But I think the OL has a lot to do with it...

Wow, Bradshaw is playing fantastic. He's running very hard, is catching passes, and picks up blitzers as well as any running back in the NFL. The problem is, he can't do it all by himself. The run blocking has been inconsistent at best, and nobody has been effective behind Bradshaw. Someone has to step forward (hoping it's Scott) to relieve some of the burden.

Wow, Bradshaw is playing fantastic. He's running very hard, is catching passes, and picks up blitzers as well as any running back in the NFL. The problem is, he can't do it all by himself. The run blocking has been inconsistent at best, and nobody has been effective behind Bradshaw. Someone has to step forward (hoping it's Scott) to relieve some of the burden.

Exactly!

I don't disagree at all, but I'm going to highlight one thing above: he's running very hard. If he keeps running this hard, I doubt he'll be available for the playoffs. And then what? We just hope Scott goes all Timmy Smith out there?

Didn't really mean my comment as a slam on Bradshaw because he's playing pretty well... I just think its time to get another person in the mix, because Bradshaw's style of play makes it hard for him to be a 3 down running back.

I don't disagree at all, but I'm going to highlight one thing above: he's running very hard. If he keeps running this hard, I doubt he'll be available for the playoffs. And then what? We just hope Scott goes all Timmy Smith out there?

Didn't really mean my comment as a slam on Bradshaw because he's playing pretty well... I just think its time to get another person in the mix, because Bradshaw's style of play makes it hard for him to be a 3 down running back.

With that I'm in complete agreement. I just took a little exception with you saying Bradshaw is better as a backup, because I don't think his play warrants a demotion. But I definitely think they need a complimentary guy who is productive, because Jacobs isn't getting it done. I hope Scott is that guy but nobody will know unless they give the kid a chance.