SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs Ready To Leave NY?

Gman329

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that he feels this way but doesn't this guy understand when to hold his fire? Here's the link but "highlights" are below. http://www.mensfitness.com/sports/athletes/brandon-jacobs-people-can-say-what-the-hell-they-want-to-say

In addition to ripping the coaching staff, he gives the Redskins some bulletin board material. Just plain stupid...and it's not the first time.

It's been suggested that you’re not quite as eager to seek out contact the past couple of seasons. Any truth to that?

There’s a lot of people that really don’t know what they’re talking about. First off, I don’t really get a lot of chances to prove [myself]. As a back, you need to get out and get going, get a couple carries. You know, get the pace of the game down… I don’t get enough carries to say I was part of anything, so people can say what the hell they want to say… it doesn’t really bother me.

Sports Illustrated picked the Eagles to run away with the NFC East, followed by the Cowboys, then the Giants. Do you get a kick out of hearing all the hype and then watching those guys fall flat?

No question. They have a lot of talent and they’re very well coached, but it’s so thrilling for me to see the Eagles and Cowboys lose like they’ve been doing. It’s so refreshing. Washington, fortunately they started losing; I knew their luck would run out sooner or later.

Speaking of which, seeing as how friend and teammate Ahmad Bradshaw's success means you’re not used as much, how are you taking it? [Ed. Note: Jacobs restructured his contract this past offseason, agreeing to a cut in his base salary. He is due a $500,000 roster bonus in March 2012, at which point the Giants may elect to waive him.]

Well, he’s not being used as much as he can be, either. It’s a very confusing thing. I’m just here, doing the best that I can do to help my team. I come out to win; it’s up to them whether or not they want to use me. I just can’t wait to get a true opportunity to get out there and show myself again, you know? Next year, hopefully. This is a business and you have to look at it that way. I just want to get out there and show myself. It’s going to have to be for another team, but it is what it is. It comes with the territory.

So you don’t see yourself with the Giants beyond this contract.

No, I don’t.

I don't really have a problem with what he said, hes rb who wants the ball more, ask any rb if they want the ball more and they will say the same.

and it's not like hes saying he wants a trade in the offseason, just that he doesn't see himself here after the contract.

I'm not mad. In fact I'm still happy with him restructuring to allow us to re-sign Bradshaw.

I don't really have a problem with what he said, hes rb who wants the ball more, ask any rb if they want the ball more and they will say the same.

and it's not like hes saying he wants a trade in the offseason, just that he doesn't see himself here after the contract.

I'm not mad. In fact I'm still happy with him restructuring to allow us to re-sign Bradshaw.

i agree- he realizes football is a nasty business and he's going to get one more contract.

Would be more troubling if he could stay healthy for an entire season, and if the running game could break 4 ypc consistently this year. Right now, it just makes me think "yeah, huh." -_-

Personally I can't wait to see Scott on the field.. and I don't mean ST.

I missed the part where he ripped the team. I went to the article and read it, excerpts can tell any story you want it to.

OH and him being happy watching the other NFC East teams fall after being considered better than the Giants...

:rock:

What I find amazing about our team is how deep we are... (fingers crossed)... to have so many injuries.. and almost not miss a beat.. is amazing. BJ I feel is the 4th best RB on the team.. yes.. Ware, if he gets regular reps, can outperform BJ.. and so does Scott. I won't be surprised to see Scott as our starter in the near future.

He runs a lot smaller now. Its a shame because he used to be one of the most fun players to watch in the entire league. I cant be upset at the guy for wanting the ball more. Hes supposed to feel that way. Hopefully he can rediscover some of the fire that made him successful. The Giants need their ground game working to keep the high powered offenses coming up on the bench as often as possible.

Scott is very intriguing.....bigger and faster than Bradshaw, with the ability to catch the ball.

Like Jacobs, he has had his share of injuries, though.

Still, Scott needs to start seeing the field.

But I've noticed two arguments:

When Bradshaw struggles.....the line sucks.

When Jacobs struggles.....Jacobs sucks.

My opinion: Jacobs is a very good back that isn't getting enough work. I don't blame him for being frustrated, at all.

Ever since Jacobs lost his starting job, the Giants have gone nowhere. Maybe that's just a coincidence.

LOL, oh man you did it now. I predict a few members will disagree with your view.

Btw, I agree with you. :ph34r:

Scott is very intriguing.....bigger and faster than Bradshaw, with the ability to catch the ball.

My opinion: Jacobs is a very good back that isn't getting enough work. I don't blame him for being frustrated, at all.

Ever since Jacobs lost his starting job, the Giants have gone nowhere. Maybe that's just a coincidence.

agreed.

The problem with that argument is that Bradshaw needs a good line to be successful. He's a finesse back. Jacobs should be able to plow forward for at LEAST 3-4 yards every carry. He's a "power" back (or is supposed to be). And it's not like he's getting hit in the backfield.

Bradshaw is simply the better back, no question. He's got more elusiveness AND gets more yards after first contact. The league has learned to go low on Jacobs because he gets tripped up WAY too easily. For Jacobs to be effective, he has to batter a defense with lots of carries and wear them down. Problem is, by the time they are worn down, your punter is icing his leg from overuse! You can only take so many 2nd & 9's and 3rd & 7's. AND, he gets hurt a lot.

I think he's right - he won't be back next year.