SportsWrath

Hynoski

NightFire

Is it just me or his play rather mediocre. When Ware got blown up he ran right by the defender and whiffs many times on blocks. I think the coaching staff noticed also because Pascoe was inserted later in the game. Also cut Beckum already.

Yeah but his nickname is cool so he's off limits to criticism.

-Z

Maybe it's me but I swear he usually misses his blocks or whiffs. It's almost like he has the ball and just runs without blocking. On the safety he completely ignored the untouched man. When Pascoe came on the last drive I got the feeling I wasn't the only one who noticed. I think Pascoe is going to be back there more.

No, LW, I said this after the AZ game as well. It's habitual with him... he's not ready. Pascoe needs to start at FB. Hynoski is part of the reason the running game has not been where it should be thus far.

Good, so it's not just me. I don't how well he played previously but his blocking needs a lot of work. He needs to square up his blocks.

definitely not just you.

The bad news is, despite his physical attributes, his technique is poor. The good news is technique can be taught. In other words the kid is raw.

Bear is definitely NOT a long term solution but he may be our best option at the moment.

Yeah but his nickname is cool so he's off limits to criticism.

-Z

The key to Gilbride's success is that we always have a beefy fullback with a cool name. That's really the only stat that counts with a fullback.

definitely not just you.

The bad news is, despite his physical attributes, his technique is poor. The good news is technique can be taught. In other words the kid is raw.

Bear is definitely NOT a long term solution but he may be our best option at the moment.

I think if they just tell him to not close his eyes when he goes to hit somebody...he can turn this thing around.

C. Wagon

Hynoski has been sub par.

He does have outstanding ability to be a good FB though. He better pick it up quick an become a consisitent player quickly or he will be out of a job.

He's got great size, strength, decent speed and decent hands. We will see.

I think if they just tell him to not close his eyes when he goes to hit somebody...he can turn this thing around.

C. Wagon

I was going to post this in a previous post but I swear he runs through the lane like he has the ball. He just runs right by defenders leaving them unblocked. Which is the more concerning aspect to me. He obviously knows where he needs to go he just doesn't block properly. If Pascoe takes his spot maybe it'll get him to practice and study better. I hope he does turn it around.

I know this is second guessing, but I question why we went with the halfback set at all in that situation.....DJ Ware was lined up halfway in the endzone.

So it doesn't turn into a safety when your OLine isn't making good running lanes. :smartass::facepalm: