SportsWrath

Rediscover the Running game

Masterjeffz

I love having deep threats in our receiving core it beats the days of Ingram and Stephen baker " the touch down maker". But I really wanna get back to running the ball with Jacobs and Bradshaw. If we run the ball well enough it will set up alot more. I don't mind taking a risk or two but too many int's results from lack of running game and poor decsion making. Make Eli's job easier by establishing the run. Like the Beatles say " get back , get back to where you once belonged "

Honestly, I think the only way the Giants come out of Philly with a win is having exactly ZERO turnovers and a herculean effort by Jacobs and Bradshaw. Like a combined 200-250 yard effort. Its asking alot but I think thats the only matchup the Giants can really exploit. Our secondary cant run with their receivers so controlling the time of posession and keeping Vick and company off the field is a must. And Eli, PLEASE no more picks. Even one could end up being a killer. Earn that hefty salary this Sunday.

I love having deep threats in our receiving core it beats the days of Ingram and Stephen baker " the touch down maker". But I really wanna get back to running the ball with Jacobs and Bradshaw. If we run the ball well enough it will set up alot more. I don't mind taking a risk or two but too many int's results from lack of running game and poor decsion making. Make Eli's job easier by establishing the run. Like the Beatles say " get back , get back to where you once belonged "

Thats going to be the key this week. I just hope they don't take the running game for granted against the Eagles... they're lining up wide, but the Eagles defensive ends are attacking the offensive tackles, not the QB's pocket. Unlike an Osi-style end run around the offensive tackle, which gets you 10 sacks/year but invites the run, the Eagles wide-9 is designed to interrupt the offense's blocking scheme on either running or passing plays... very tricky, and a perfect fit for a guy like Trent Cole. William Beatty better bring his A game...

I agree

20 carries for Bradshaw

15 for Jacobs

7 for Ware

4 for Scott

Just impose our will on them.

But most likely it'll be like

14 carries for Bradshaw

10 for Jacobs

3 for Ware

Against the Rams Bradshaw had 15 carries and Jacobs had 16 so I think they will run again. I hope Scott gets some playing time though.

I definitely want them to run the ball and agree it's that running the ball effectively is going to be a key in beating the Eagles. Whether Vick plays or Mike Kafka, the Eagles still have a lot of speed on offense and a lot of guys that can beat you. They have to keep that offense off the field. Ball security also becomes paramount in this type of game.

I just don't see it happening, though. I think we are going to be in a battle this week where we will have to score a lot of points to win. We're going to have to get pressure on the QB, and we're going to have to lay a hurt on their skill position players. We have to be the more physical team.

I also think working the middle of the field will be important. Ballard needs to get more than the customary 2 balls Eli throws to his TE's, and hopefully Stokley is studying that playbook hard, we'll need him and Cruz to play well.

This is going to be an epic battle between Nicks and Nnamdi this week. I do think the Eagles have the upper hand on the outside though, so we have to get those little swing passes and check downs to Bradshaw and Jacobs, and I think this week maybe we see the unstoppable Hynoski swing pass. I'd like to see that a couple of times, not kidding.

All in all, this offense has to be a lot more effective than they have been thus far this season for us to win this game.

Great post.

The running backs need to be involved in the passing game, as well.....Eli finally started moving the ball when he was able to complete short stuff to Bradshaw and Jacobs.

Would really, really, really, like to see Da'rel Scott on the field next week.

I definitely want them to run the ball and agree it's that running the ball effectively is going to be a key in beating the Eagles. Whether Vick plays or Mike Kafka, the Eagles still have a lot of speed on offense and a lot of guys that can beat you. They have to keep that offense off the field. Ball security also becomes paramount in this type of game.

I just don't see it happening, though. I think we are going to be in a battle this week where we will have to score a lot of points to win. We're going to have to get pressure on the QB, and we're going to have to lay a hurt on their skill position players. We have to be the more physical team.

I also think working the middle of the field will be important. Ballard needs to get more than the customary 2 balls Eli throws to his TE's, and hopefully Stokley is studying that playbook hard, we'll need him and Cruz to play well.

This is going to be an epic battle between Nicks and Nnamdi this week. I do think the Eagles have the upper hand on the outside though, so we have to get those little swing passes and check downs to Bradshaw and Jacobs, and I think this week maybe we see the unstoppable Hynoski swing pass. I'd like to see that a couple of times, not kidding.

All in all, this offense has to be a lot more effective than they have been thus far this season for us to win this game.

I think our team will run the ball.. ALOT. I wouldn't mind seeming more of Ware... the kid got speed. The Giants shouldn't abandon the run... make Philly's defense tired and keep their O warming the bench... we do that and we win... with pure dominance.. our D will be fresh too.

Great post.

The running backs need to be involved in the passing game, as well.....Eli finally started moving the ball when he was able to complete short stuff to Bradshaw and Jacobs.

Would really, really, really, like to see Da'rel Scott on the field next week.

True that.. forgot about the kid.. who knows.. maybe if one of the 3 RB struggles, we might just see him... doubtful though.

Imagine going in with a two back set Bradshaw on one side and Jacobs on the other. Wanna bet the eagles call a time out?

I'd like to run the ball, too....but if the Eagles put 7, 8, even 9 in the box like we've been seeing, Eli is going to have to hit some plays down field to open up the run game. I know you normally run to set up the pass but the way teams are playing us, we're might have to take the opposite approach.

I'd like to run the ball, too....but if the Eagles put 7, 8, even 9 in the box like we've been seeing, Eli is going to have to hit some plays down field to open up the run game. I know you normally run to set up the pass but the way teams are playing us, we're might have to take the opposite approach.

I want to see them stop our run first... I just don't wanna see anymore pass happy play out of Gilbride... we need to control the clock and keep their Defense on the field.

I want to see them stop our run first... I just don't wanna see anymore pass happy play out of Gilbride... we need to control the clock and keep their Defense on the field.

Seems like Gilbride and Manning like to start the game off with a Pick-6, to set the tone.

Thats exactly what they've been doing... their defensive line is aligned wide, seems like there's nice big gaps there to exploit... but then they've got their safeties in close and are leaving the corners on an island.

Reminds me a little of a 46 defense... but the thing about that is, if you win up front you can run the ball for big yardage. Might have to suffer through a bunch of small gain runs before they break a big one.