SportsWrath

Jerry Palmieri

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Should the Giants fire this guys ass or what? I wouldn't even put him in charge of strength & conditioning of a cheerleading squad. Too many fucking injuries in the last few years. This years injuries alone have been so devastating, that someone has to start receiving some blame. Obviously, something is seriously wrong. I say we fire his ass!!!!!!!!!! Someone has to be held accountable. :furious:

Pulled hammies and stuff of those sorts, yeah, its conditiong. But how in the world does one plan against injuries like Sintims and TTs???

By not blitzing TT with 20 seconds on the clock before hafltime in a meaningless preseason game...

You think TC is mediocre?? I think he's a great coach. Fewell isnt great by any means, but Id slate him SLIGHTLY above average.....SLIGHTLY.

I greatly dislike Tom Coughlin and think we could have done a lot more than we did with the teams we've had since 2007. I'm one of the few that doesn't blame Plaxico Burress for that meltdown of an 08 campaign.

He's poor at game management, stubborn and reluctant to make changes to his coaching staff (there is absolutely no reason our special teams coach should have a job in the NFL)----which is my biggest gripe, and he's unwilling to change with the modern game of football...even if just SLIGHTLY.

I would consider both Fewell and Coughlin VERY slightly above average.

I greatly dislike Tom Coughlin and think we could have done a lot more than we did with the teams we've had since 2007. I'm one of the few that doesn't blame Plaxico Burress for that meltdown of an 08 campaign.

He's poor at game management, stubborn and reluctant to make changes to his coaching staff (there is absolutely no reason our special teams coach should have a job in the NFL)----which is my biggest gripe, and he's unwilling to change with the modern game of football...even if just SLIGHTLY.

Coughlin is an excellent example of competent mediocrity

but he is a stabilizing influence.......the problem is the game planning and in game non-adjustments

now that Eli is calling a lot of ahudibles......he has to take some of the blame

Coughlin is an excellent example of competent mediocrity

but he is a stabilizing influence.......the problem is the game planning and in game non-adjustments

now that Eli is calling a lot of ahudibles......he has to take some of the blame

Yeah, exactly. The game planning and failure to make adjustments is the reason we lose to teams with the better coaches like Green Bay, Philly, etc. Talent-wise, we match up well against them but they seem to continuously have our number.

I dont blame Plax for the meltdown. To me it was not a meltdown, but a key component we were used to having suddenly dissapeared. And I think the egirls knew how to expose that. And I do think it was that one game, because we still beat a very good Carolina team w/o Plax.

But you do have a point, not having Plax, a coach should have been able to adjust. Or was it to soon to make the necessary adjustments? Thats what I cant figure out.

To me, TC is a type of coach that if you buy into his strict ways, you'll be great. Problem is we have too many diva players nowadays.

I dont blame Plax for the meltdown. To me it was not a meltdown, but a key component we were used to having suddenly dissapeared. And I think the egirls knew how to expose that. And I do think it was that one game, because we still beat a very good Carolina team w/o Plax.

But you do have a point, not having Plax, a coach should have been able to adjust. Or was it to soon to make the necessary adjustments? Thats what I cant figure out.

To me, TC is a type of coach that if you buy into his strict ways, you'll be great. Problem is we have too many diva players nowadays.

I think that's partly where my gripe lies with Coughlin. He's from the old school. There's nothing wrong with that at all. But you have to have some ability to adapt and change. And while ya, it seems like he's lightened up a bit with his rules and his treatment of the players, his coaching style doesn't mesh with the modern NFL player, like you said. You still hear from former Giants saying how he was virtually unapproachable and impossible to hold a conversation with.

Guest StrahansGap

I honestly think that we would've won that super bowl if Barney Fife was the coach. Nobody was going to beat us that year. Not the 85 Bears, not the cowboys of the 90's. NOBODY!!!!

That said, plax ruined everything in 08'. Stupid motherfucka shot himself.

The reason for this thread? I wish palmieri would shoot himself!!!

I think that's partly where my gripe lies with Coughlin. He's from the old school. There's nothing wrong with that at all. But you have to have some ability to adapt and change. And while ya, it seems like he's lightened up a bit with his rules and his treatment of the players, his coaching style doesn't mesh with the modern NFL player, like you said. You still hear from former Giants saying how he was virtually unapproachable and impossible to hold a conversation with.

True, times change, so I guess people need to as well. It makes it even more confusing that he has been this way, but the players believed enough to win a SB. I dont know, maybe its just me. Win a SB and Im behind you. :blush:

True, times change, so I guess people need to as well. It makes it even more confusing that he has been this way, but the players believed enough to win a SB. I dont know, maybe its just me. Win a SB and Im behind you. :blush:

Well, a lot of people look at the 07 season and since Coughlin "won" the Super Bowl (I'd argue that without Spagnuolo, we weren't winning jack shit that year) argue that he should get off lightly and get a pass when we have shitty seasons.

Reality check. That Super Bowl was nearly 5 seasons ago. You don't get complacent because you won one Super Bowl during a decade. Coughlin deserved a lot of blame for last season. He deserved a lot of blame for 08. He deserves a lot of blame for not being able to win playoff games other than 2007. But instead, he got a contract extension. I can only hope that if the team underachieves again this season (like the last several seasons) he will finally get the criticism that's been lacking.

Well, a lot of people look at the 07 season and since Coughlin "won" the Super Bowl (I'd argue that without Spagnuolo, we weren't winning jack shit that year) argue that he should get off lightly and get a pass when we have shitty seasons.

Reality check. That Super Bowl was nearly 5 seasons ago. You don't get complacent because you won one Super Bowl during a decade. Coughlin deserved a lot of blame for last season. He deserved a lot of blame for 08. He deserves a lot of blame for not being able to win playoff games other than 2007. But instead, he got a contract extension. I can only hope that if the team underachieves again this season (like the last several seasons) he will finally get the criticism that's been lacking.

Although I am a homer that lives with Blue colored glasses on, :blush: I still agree with this.

I love TC for that SB, but like you said, I dont wanna get complacent.

I'm highly disappointed in this thread. I thought I would have been enlightened by Nas on the benefits of Yoga by this point in the thread.

Fuck yoga. Real men do ballet.

But seriously, I had some back problems that I don't think I could have licked without yoga techniques. We joke about that shit, but it really works.

Fuck yoga. Real men do ballet.

But seriously, I had some back problems that I don't think I could have licked without yoga techniques. We joke about that shit, but it really works.

my daughter does ballet

let me tell you its grueling, and the strength and flexibility it gives you is only paralleled by gymnastics

If these guys were qualified in ballet they would not be having these injuries

it appears girly but its tough