grant

Brian Jackson

Sash

Brian Williams

Veteran CB cut by another team

ST

Dodge

Lloyd

DeOssie (best snapper in the game, plus he helps on coverage which we already lack)

Yes Loyd. He's looked really good on FGs, like really impressive.

Dodge makes it especially after handling that terrible snap really well.

Brian Jackson is a name from last year and I think the giants like him. Hes a S/Cb tweener who may serve a purpose for us. Hes got some upside.

Meridith has looked very good and gets the job over Stacy Andrews especially since we have Boothe to play the versatile role.

Still think we sign another vet Cb maybe McFadden?

I wouldn't rule Perilloux out for the backup job.

Also the linebacker play is the most promising I've seen it in a while.

Boley is stepping up to his $

Jones and Herzlich are nice looking young guns.

J Will is a project but can probly help on specials immediately.

Paysinger is lookin nice

That's 4 young LBs to look at!!!

Dillards just not meant for the NYG

Since Osi will probably start on the PUP, I think Okpokoworak will be penciled in and later end up on the practice squad until another injury (knock on wood) to the defensive ends occurs.

I don't believe Osi is eligible for PUP.

Osi, you have some big time flaws in your prediction. You went safety heavy in there, I just don't see it. Amukamara isn't even in your 53, I mean, WTF! Prince isn't eligible for PUP, so he HAS to be in there, and Reese has already said that Prince is being counted on to come back midseason and play well for us.

Historically, the Giants have only carried 4 Safeties, they MIGHT go with 5 seeing as Rolle is seeing time as a nickel corner. But Coe isn't even there and I think he will be. Brian Jackson has taken NO significant snaps in preseason, I can't see him making it, I could be wrong. But you only have 5 CB's listed there, that's including the ambiguous "veteran corner from another team." Giants are probably carrying 6 corners, maybe even 7, as Prince will have to be one and won't be able to play for awhile.

Also, I have a problem with your front 4, just a little problem, though. For the most part it's pretty good. But since Osi won't be able to play for a bit, carrying only 3 DE's is probably not going to happen. I know both Kiwi AND Canty can play at DE, but Okpokowuruk has a chance to make the team. But you honestly could be dead on with the DE's. I will say they usually carry 9 Defensive linemen total, so either end or tackle is going to have that extra player... you don't have Jimmy Kennedy there, I think he makes the team along with Watson.

I agree with your linebacker projection all the way... I do think Sintim is more of a lock than you do, and I think Herzlich is the question mark, but now I am leaning towards Herzlich making it more than I used to. Herzlich and Williams will be the two bottom of the depth chart linebackers that may or may not be active every game day. I think you nailed all the offensive skill position players, but I wish they would keep Reynaud and cut JJ, just don't think it's going to happen.

I disagree with your exclusion of Stacy Andrews on the OL, though. I think he makes it. We'll see how it works out, it's going to be tough because I think they like Meredith, too. I think they might consider keeping 26 offensive players and going into the season with 10 OL. That will be extremely tough to do b/c that means keeping only 24 defensive players. That will be very tough to make that happen, and that would likely mean 1 less linebacker and possibly DB.

Here's mine:

OFFENSE:

QB (2)

Eli

Carr

RB (4)

Bradshaw

Jacobs

Ware

D. Scott

FB (1)

Hynoski

WR (6)

Nicks

Manningham

Cruz

Hixon

Thomas

JJ

TE (3)

Pascoe

Beckum

Ballard

OL (9)

Baas

Snee

Diehl

Beatty

McKenzie

Boothe

Petrus

Andrews

Meredith

Brewer

DEFENSE:

DE (4)

Tuck

Pierre-Paul

Tollefson

Osi

DT (5)

Linval

Canty

Bernard

Watson

Kennedy

LB (7)

Goff

Boley

Kiwi

Sintim

Paysinger

Jones

Williams

Herzlich

CB (5)

Ross

Webster

Brian Williams

Coe

Amukamara

S (4)

Phillips

Rolle

Grant

Sash

Specials (3)

Lloyd

Weatherford (changed)

DeOssie

I will say this, Pat Traina believes the Giants will keep 2 kickers on the roster, both Lloyd AND Tynes, because she thinks there is a belief out there that Tynes won't be able to start the season AND TC and Reese are not comfortable with the idea of cutting him. If that happens, they need to make a tough cut, like Jernigan, and go with 5 receivers.

I have to say, I think you did a good job, Osi. Right now, I have 55 players on my roster, and I have to find 2 to cut, possibly 3 if they are going to carry 2 kickers. If that's the case, there are only a few places you can look. You have to look at wide receiver and linebacker. And that means cutting JJ and maybe even Herzlich or Jacquian Williams. In fact, I'm more and more inclined to believe that Jacquian Williams is more and more on the roster bubble.

And I have 10 OL, and you really have to pare that to 9... and that cut has to be either Meredith or Andrews. I have to believe Andrews is going to win that battle, because he has been a starter in the NFL, and can play both Guard and Tackle, where Meredith, as far as I know, is simply a tackle. They also have flexibility if Beatty or McKenzie goes down because Diehl can slide back over and Boothe can play RT. So it really is about who has versatility that can play inside, and that's Boothe, Petrus (back up C, also), and Andrews. So I'm going to strikethrough Meredith right now, even though I believe the Giants like him. He's just a casualty of roster cuts.

***EDIT*** Ok, I'm now down to 53 with the cuts of Meredith and Jacquain Williams. Tough cuts... now the only caveat is if, like Traina believes, they carry both Lloyd and Tynes into the regular season, and if that happens, you have to seriously think about either cutting Jernigan or Herzlich, or finding another player that can long snap AND do something else, like a Mitch Petrus, for example... might be a candidate. I don't think that's going to happen this late, so I think the Giants cut Tynes, gamble that nobody is going to sign him, and then resign him after he's fully recovered, and releases Lloyd... just to torture us. Unless, Lloyd starts the season on fire, and puts a strangle hold lock on that job. I just don't see how TC could carry two kickers into the season.

Yes Loyd. He's looked really good on FGs, like really impressive.

Dodge makes it especially after handling that terrible snap really well.

Brian Jackson is a name from last year and I think the giants like him. Hes a S/Cb tweener who may serve a purpose for us. Hes got some upside.

Meridith has looked very good and gets the job over Stacy Andrews especially since we have Boothe to play the versatile role.

Still think we sign another vet Cb maybe McFadden?

I wouldn't rule Perilloux out for the backup job.

You're nuts... his destiny is the PS and there isn't even a .001% chance he is Eli's backup any time soon.

Since Osi will probably start on the PUP, I think Okpokoworak will be penciled in and later end up on the practice squad until another injury (knock on wood) to the defensive ends occurs.

Like I said, Bleedin', Osi isn't eligible for PUP, since he's participated in a practice. I don't see how there's room for Okpok, so I think the way they are going to handle that situation is just using Kiwi as a DE on more snaps until Osi can come back. They can easily make that work, because as a SAM, Kiwi isn't going to be on the field anyway when the opposing offense goes with a 3 or 4 WR look.

I will say this, Pat Traina believes the Giants will keep 2 kickers on the roster, both Lloyd AND Tynes, because she thinks there is a belief out there that Tynes won't be able to start the season AND TC and Reese are not comfortable with the idea of cutting him. If that happens, they need to make a tough cut, like Jernigan, and go with 5 receivers.

I would freak if they did that. Too much talent elsewhere, and they've pulled that bullshit before with Tynes and Carney. What happened? Carney. a big time choke artist, kept Tynes off the field at a million years old. Tynes is an ok kicker, but not so great that I would be horrified in losing him.

I would freak if they did that. Too much talent elsewhere, and they've pulled that bullshit before with Tynes and Carney. What happened? Carney. a big time choke artist, kept Tynes off the field at a million years old. Tynes is an ok kicker, but not so great that I would be horrified in losing him.

Ssshhhh! Don't bait Jack into this thread!

I don't believe Osi is eligible for PUP.

Osi, you have some big time flaws in your prediction. You went safety heavy in there, I just don't see it. Amukamara isn't even in your 53, I mean, WTF! Prince isn't eligible for PUP, so he HAS to be in there, and Reese has already said that Prince is being counted on to come back midseason and play well for us.

Historically, the Giants have only carried 4 Safeties, they MIGHT go with 5 seeing as Rolle is seeing time as a nickel corner. But Coe isn't even there and I think he will be. Brian Jackson has taken NO significant snaps in preseason, I can't see him making it, I could be wrong. But you only have 5 CB's listed there, that's including the ambiguous "veteran corner from another team." Giants are probably carrying 6 corners, maybe even 7, as Prince will have to be one and won't be able to play for awhile.

Also, I have a problem with your front 4, just a little problem, though. For the most part it's pretty good. But since Osi won't be able to play for a bit, carrying only 3 DE's is probably not going to happen. I know both Kiwi AND Canty can play at DE, but Okpokowuruk has a chance to make the team. But you honestly could be dead on with the DE's. I will say they usually carry 9 Defensive linemen total, so either end or tackle is going to have that extra player... you don't have Jimmy Kennedy there, I think he makes the team along with Watson.

I agree with your linebacker projection all the way... I do think Sintim is more of a lock than you do, and I think Herzlich is the question mark, but now I am leaning towards Herzlich making it more than I used to. Herzlich and Williams will be the two bottom of the depth chart linebackers that may or may not be active every game day. I think you nailed all the offensive skill position players, but I wish they would keep Reynaud and cut JJ, just don't think it's going to happen.

I disagree with your exclusion of Stacy Andrews on the OL, though. I think he makes it. We'll see how it works out, it's going to be tough because I think they like Meredith, too. I think they might consider keeping 26 offensive players and going into the season with 10 OL. That will be extremely tough to do b/c that means keeping only 24 defensive players. That will be very tough to make that happen, and that would likely mean 1 less linebacker and possibly DB.

Here's mine:

OFFENSE:

QB (2)

Eli

Carr

RB (4)

Bradshaw

Jacobs

Ware

D. Scott

FB (1)

Hynoski

WR (6)

Nicks

Manningham

Cruz

Hixon

Thomas

JJ

TE (3)

Pascoe

Beckum

Ballard

OL (9)

Baas

Snee

Diehl

Beatty

McKenzie

Boothe

Petrus

Andrews

Meredith

Brewer

DEFENSE:

DE (4)

Tuck

Pierre-Paul

Tollefson

Osi

DT (5)

Linval

Canty

Bernard

Watson

Kennedy

LB (7)

Goff

Boley

Kiwi

Sintim

Paysinger

Jones

Williams

Herzlich

CB (5)

Ross

Webster

Brian Williams

Coe

Amukamara

S (4)

Phillips

Rolle

Grant

Sash

Specials (3)

Lloyd

Weatherford (changed)

DeOssie

I have to say, I think you did a good job, Osi. Right now, I have 55 players on my roster, and I have to find 2 to cut, possibly 3 if they are going to carry 2 kickers. If that's the case, there are only a few places you can look. You have to look at wide receiver and linebacker. And that means cutting JJ and maybe even Herzlich or Jacquian Williams. In fact, I'm more and more inclined to believe that Jacquian Williams is more and more on the roster bubble.

And I have 10 OL, and you really have to pare that to 9... and that cut has to be either Meredith or Andrews. I have to believe Andrews is going to win that battle, because he has been a starter in the NFL, and can play both Guard and Tackle, where Meredith, as far as I know, is simply a tackle. They also have flexibility if Beatty or McKenzie goes down because Diehl can slide back over and Boothe can play RT. So it really is about who has versatility that can play inside, and that's Boothe, Petrus (back up C, also), and Andrews. So I'm going to strikethrough Meredith right now, even though I believe the Giants like him. He's just a casualty of roster cuts.

***EDIT*** Ok, I'm now down to 53 with the cuts of Meredith and Jacquain Williams. Tough cuts... now the only caveat is if, like Traina believes, they carry both Lloyd and Tynes into the regular season, and if that happens, you have to seriously think about either cutting Jernigan or Herzlich, or finding another player that can long snap AND do something else, like a Mitch Petrus, for example... might be a candidate. I don't think that's going to happen this late, so I think the Giants cut Tynes, gamble that nobody is going to sign him, and then resign him after he's fully recovered, and releases Lloyd... just to torture us. Unless, Lloyd starts the season on fire, and puts a strangle hold lock on that job. I just don't see how TC could carry two kickers into the season.

I hope Meredith makes it over Brewer.

Why would you go Paysinger over Herzlich?

Paysinger is making this team. In my eyes, he's a lock. The players and coaches have said good things about him. He's been Boley's primary backup on defense. He's a weakside linebacker, anyway.

The way I look at it, you have three linebackers.

You want your SAM to be a big linebacker that can shed blockers and stop the run, as well as rush the passer.

You want your WLB to be a fast and agile linebacker that can run with TE's and running backs in coverage.

You want your MLB to be a combination of these two, but especially good at stopping the run.

Ideally you'd like to have all three be versatile, fast linebackers that can slobberknocker a 240 lb running back into next week and be able to run with Dallas Clark down the seam and pick off the pass. But most linebackers aren't built that way, so you balance your personnel.

Paysinger is a WLB, Herzlich is far from it. Herzlich, if he gets a little more speed, is probably a MLB. His problem is he is slow. You aren't going to see him make many plays outside of the tackles. He's not ideally suited for SAM because he isn't quite as big as you'd like, but he definitely can't play WLB.

So the question becomes, who is Boley's backup? Boley is the coverage linebacker who is on the field when the defense goes to the nickel, along with Goff. You need to make sure you have a backup for Boley whose skills are similar to his. There are two candidates for that position. Paysinger and Jacquian Williams. So one of those two guys are guaranteed to get a spot. I think it's Paysinger based on everything I've heard, as well as the fact that Paysinger has been getting the earlier snaps in preseason games, even some with the first team (in practice, too). So it's clear to me that the Giants view Paysinger as higher on the depth chart than Williams.

Herzlich is probably hoping that they keep him for specials. Greg Jones is going to be Goff's backup. Jones is just a more complete linebacker and was crazy productive in the Big Ten at Michigan State. I think Jones could be our starter one day and be a very good one at that. But Goff isn't going to give up the job easily.

Sorry for the long answer, but you should be used to it from me. :P

Yeah, I agree with that, CD. You know, I have been a big Herzlich skeptic since he came on the Giants. I am a fan of his, it's a great story and he seems to be an inspiring human being, I love rooting for the guy. But if you aren't good enough all of that means little. Running a 5.0 40 isn't going to cut it. He looked bad in that first game, too, when he tried to make a play on the outside and couldn't get there, even though he took an angle where he should've been able to. But since then, I've seen him show some good football instincts and make plays between the tackles as well as show an intensity on specials. I think b/c of that, he has put Tracy on the chopping block.

Greg Jones is the young linebacker to get excited about, though.

Yeah, I agree with that, CD. You know, I have been a big Herzlich skeptic since he came on the Giants. I am a fan of his, it's a great story and he seems to be an inspiring human being, I love rooting for the guy. But if you aren't good enough all of that means little. Running a 5.0 40 isn't going to cut it. He looked bad in that first game, too, when he tried to make a play on the outside and couldn't get there, even though he took an angle where he should've been able to. But since then, I've seen him show some good football instincts and make plays between the tackles as well as show an intensity on specials. I think b/c of that, he has put Tracy on the chopping block.

Greg Jones is the young linebacker to get excited about, though.

Yeah, when Nick Griesen has more speed than you, your NFL options are limited. Herzlich definitely has good football instincts though.

Greg Jones... finally, a young LB that can play.

Time to put it down:

Offense (25)

QBs(2) - Manning, Carr

RBs(4) - Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware, D. Scott

FB (1) - Hynoski

WR (6) Nicks, Manningham, Cruz, Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan

TE (3) - Pascoe, Beckum, Ballard

OL (9) - Beatty, McKenzie, Snee, Diehl, Baas, Boothe, Petrus, Andrews, Brewer

Defense (25)

DE (4) - Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tollefson

DT (5) - Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Watson, Kennedy

LB (7) - Boley, Goff, Kiwanuka, Paysinger, Jones, Williams, Herzlich

CB (5) - Webster, Ross, Coe, Brian Williams, Amukamara

S (4) - Rolle, Phillips, Grant, Sash

ST (3) - Weatherford, Lloyd, DeOssie

I wish there was room for Brian Jackson. That's mine. A little concerned with the lack of experience after the starters in the depth of the linebackers and secondary, but I think this is a strong team... IF we find a TE. They need to be shopping Sage right now.

Time to put it down:

Offense (25)

QBs(2) - Manning, Carr

RBs(4) - Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware, D. Scott

FB (1) - Hynoski

WR (6) Nicks, Manningham, Cruz, Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan

TE (3) - Pascoe, Beckum, Ballard

OL (9) - Beatty, McKenzie, Snee, Diehl, Baas, Boothe, Petrus, Andrews, Brewer

Defense (25)

DE (4) - Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tollefson

DT (5) - Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Watson, Kennedy

LB (7) - Boley, Goff, Kiwanuka, Paysinger, Jones, Williams, Herzlich

CB (5) - Webster, Ross, Coe, Brian Williams, Amukamara

S (4) - Rolle, Phillips, Grant, Sash

ST (3) - Weatherford, Lloyd, DeOssie

I wish there was room for Brian Jackson. That's mine. A little concerned with the lack of experience after the starters in the depth of the linebackers and secondary, but I think this is a strong team... IF we find a TE. They need to be shopping Sage right now.

I agree 100% position by position until you get to the kickers. I think Dodge will beat out Weatherford and I wouldn't be surprised that Tynes beats out Lloyd. I think competition was brought into camp to light a fire under the kickers we already have and unless one of them simply blows the other out of the water, I don't see them making a change. That's my thoughts anyway.....for what it's worth (a couple of cents...probably not).

I agree 100% position by position until you get to the kickers. I think Dodge will beat out Weatherford and I wouldn't be surprised that Tynes beats out Lloyd. I think competition was brought into camp to light a fire under the kickers we already have and unless one of them simply blows the other out of the water, I don't see them making a change. That's my thoughts anyway.....for what it's worth (a couple of cents...probably not).

The Punters i agree with you about, but the kickers??? Rhys has already beat the snot outta Tynes. If they keep Tynes over Lloyd, Ill be pissed.