SportsWrath

My early predicition at the final 53

osi724dasack

I only saw the highlights of the game, I very rarely care about the 4th preseason game.

He missed 2 FGs????

From 48 and 49.

Since Tynes can't hit from 48 on his best day, I'm not sure if this really wins the job for Tynes or not. I haven't seen exactly how bad Lloyd missed, but I'm betting he didn't come up short like Tynes would have.

From 48 and 49.

Since Tynes can't hit from 48 on his best day, I'm not sure if this really wins the job for Tynes or not. I haven't seen exactly how bad Lloyd missed, but I'm betting he didn't come up short like Tynes would have.

So, he made AND missed one from 48?? Cause the highlites showed him making a 48 yarder.

you got it, 1/3 from 48+

I just checked Tynes' stats... to my surprise he's 9/15 from beyond 50, way better than I thought. So maybe annointing Lloyd is a little premature...

Not at all, I want Lloyd waaaay more than I want Tynes. They may both make long FG's, but Tynes misses EXTRA POINTS. :ranting2:

Not at all, I want Lloyd waaaay more than I want Tynes. They may both make long FG's, but Tynes misses EXTRA POINTS. :ranting2:

Check his numbers... I was totally with you on this, something about Tynes has always given me a bad vibe, but my gut feeling about him didn't match up with reality.

But... I had once read something convincing about how kickoff distance can mean more for a kicker than the % of kicks he makes. I won't bore you with the details (mostly since I don't feel like finding the damn article again, lol), the point was that sometimes its worth trading a few points for even MORE points in field position. But now that the kickoff has been moved back to the 35 I think that mitigates this to some extent.

Time to put it down:

Offense (25)

QBs(2) - Manning, Carr

RBs(4) - Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ware, D. Scott

FB (1) - Hynoski

WR (6) Nicks, Manningham, Cruz, Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan

TE (3) - Pascoe, Beckum, Ballard

OL (9) - Beatty, McKenzie, Snee, Diehl, Baas, Boothe, Petrus, Andrews, Brewer

Defense (25)

DE (4) - Tuck, JPP, Osi, Tollefson

DT (5) - Canty, Joseph, Bernard, Watson, Kennedy

LB (7) - Boley, Goff, Kiwanuka, Paysinger, Jones, Williams, Herzlich

CB (5) - Webster, Ross, Coe, Brian Williams, Amukamara

S (4) - Rolle, Phillips, Grant, Sash

ST (3) - Weatherford, Lloyd Tynes, DeOssie

I wish there was room for Brian Jackson. That's mine. A little concerned with the lack of experience after the starters in the depth of the linebackers and secondary, but I think this is a strong team... IF we find a TE. They need to be shopping Sage right now.