SportsWrath

Osi Given Permission to Seek Trade

BleedinBlue

Strahan is a first ballot HOFer. Osi isn't remotely close to sniffing the HOF, so comparing the two in any way, shape or form is just rediculous.

and i tend to agree with Nas on the ball stripping. Osi has no other option except to take a swipe at the ball. He has completely taken himself out of position to sack the QB, so he does his swipe. It worked for him last year a shit load, but what has his style of play gotten him other than that? He still can't defend the run at all and has not lived up to his "elite" contract... again, his own agent's words, not mine.

Nas is also 100% correct that Tuck is our stud pass rusher. Osi isn't worthy to sniff Tuck's jock. And the fact that Osi can't put up better numbers opposite Tuck, who is commanding the double and triple teams, is very telling. He should be killing the QB, but nope, he takes himself out of the play. I honestly can't remember a single instance of Osi planting a QB into the ground

To paraphrase the great Tuna... you are what your stats say you are

The compiled data and stats during Osi's contract extension proves he's not all that.

Tuck did not play too well last year........he has been a huge disappointment since the SB season

Tuck did not play too well last year........he has been a huge disappointment since the SB season

Tuck had 76 tackles and 6 FFs (both career highs) & 11.5 sacks in 2010... all while facing double and triple teams. nope, he didn't play too well at all. he had a slight down year in 2009, but had an injured shoulder. 2008 he was a fucking stud. as usual, the stats don't support your supposition

Preach on T, preach on!

Here is an article about Osi's extension when he signed it back in 2005:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2270401

the guy made $21mil in the first 3 years alone, it was the largest extension ever for a 3rd year vet, and his own agent said "This moves Osi into a category with the most elite ends in the game, and that's saying something for a player who hasn't even completed his third season yet."

now, let's see Osi's stats since he signed the extension from 2006 on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osi_Umenyiora#Statistics

has Osi lived up to the insane extension he signed? in 2006 he was hurt and only had 6 sacks and 1 FF. in 2007 he had a very good year (however, T's point can be raised here). 2008 he misses the season. 2009 is another down year after coming back from injury. 2010 he is a FF machine, but his run D, which went out the window in previous years, is still dormant. so, 5 years into his deal and he has, at most, 2 good years. the rest were poop.

so to answer my own question... no, Osi has not lived up to his "elite ends" contract.

and this mofo is bitching about needing more $. Fuck Osi.

Yeah man another end who reminds me of another Strahan beneficiary is Chad Bradzke...he played opposite Strahan back in the 90's and put up Osi like numbers for a couple of years. Left for his huge payday with if I remember correctly with the Colts and never put up those types of numbers again. I guess he missed having that monster (e.g. Strahan) on the other side. The only ends and tackles who were good in and of themselves during Strahan's reign in my opinion are Tuck, Kiwi, Robbins and Cofield....of course Keith "The Hammer" Hamilton was another one I almost forgot. In my opinion Osi's speed rush does not belong in the same category as those other guys. He is good if not excellent player; but he is not elite.

Strahan is a first ballot HOFer. Osi isn't remotely close to sniffing the HOF, so comparing the two in any way, shape or form is just rediculous.

and i tend to agree with Nas on the ball stripping. Osi has no other option except to take a swipe at the ball. He has completely taken himself out of position to sack the QB, so he does his swipe. It worked for him last year a shit load, but what has his style of play gotten him other than that? He still can't defend the run at all and has not lived up to his "elite" contract... again, his own agent's words, not mine.

Nas is also 100% correct that Tuck is our stud pass rusher. Osi isn't worthy to sniff Tuck's jock. And the fact that Osi can't put up better numbers opposite Tuck, who is commanding the double and triple teams, is very telling. He should be killing the QB, but nope, he takes himself out of the play. I honestly can't remember a single instance of Osi planting a QB into the ground

To paraphrase the great Tuna... you are what your stats say you are

The compiled data and stats during Osi's contract extension proves he's not all that.

Mega Bump.... :punk: